Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm most impressed with the cape, it was the make or break detail of this figure and they did a great job.

Yeah, the cape was the thing i was most curious about. How they were gonna get that look. Especially considering they're previous capes havent been very outstanding. But this just looks like it was actually made from the same material as the movie.

1217165856.JPG

For this being the most widely used promo shot of Batman '89 I always notice the belt was off-center.

https://www.batmanmovieonline.com/gallery/1217165856.JPG

I repeat my question, can/will it be possible to display it with the cape folded over his shoulders as on the picture above?

Are you just going to keep asking until the figure is released? No one knows yet and likely won't know until it is in hand.

I'm really curious to see how the suit comes together at the shoulders. Is this all one piece like the Nolan Batman figures or did they add a seam at the shoulders for greater ranger of motion? There's no reason not to since the cape covers them completely.

Yeah, the cape was the thing i was most curious about. How they were gonna get that look. Especially considering they're previous capes havent been very outstanding. But this just looks like it was actually made from the same material as the movie.

That's why i was nervous, HT capes haven't been too good, plus they've been soft cloth, this is the first time with a material like this and they did a great job, i hope the cloth capes improve in the future.

I'm so excited for this. Man I've been saying that a lot lately, with all the cool stuff HT have coming out. Next up for the Batman licence must be the Batmobile, so hope I can afford it

I dont think hot toys will release them in the same month. I know there both in Q1 2012, but theres 4 months in a quarter, so maybe the joker will be released in january and batman feburary.

There's only 3 months in a quarter. ;)

That's why i was nervous, HT capes haven't been too good, plus they've been soft cloth, this is the first time with a material like this and they did a great job, i hope the cloth capes improve in the future.

Yeah, exactly. If they cant quite get the Bale batman capes right i didnt hold out much hope for this. But man, this is just jaw dropping. Ive never been able to choose between what i love more out of Nolan's movie or Burton's. I grew up with Burton's when i was a kid, so they have a special place in my heart. Fortunately i dont have to choose, i can watch them all and enjoy them all equally for different reasons. Same goes with these figures. Got the Bale Batman figures, and got them all when they came out so didnt have to pay the ridiculous prices, and now cant wait to get these. Gonna look so good together. :yess:

Yeah definitely, that's my only grumble about the Dx Bats & before anyone mentions it, mine didn't suffer the oily abs problem, for now anyways. Hope there's no problems like that with this version.

I dont think hot toys will release them in the same month. I know there both in Q1 2012, but theres 4 quarters in a dollar, so maybe the joker will be released in january and batman feburary.

I believe this is what lambo was trying to say. :lecture

Only thing I'd change is i would have gone with a more angry expression on the bloody mouth. Looks like HT really researched this as some of his weapons can be seen in books and such but never made it to screen.

I would have liked that too. The battle damaged expression is exactly the way Keaton looked as he emerged from the wreckage so I'm guessing that's why HT chose it.

Batman and Joker make me feel like Curly in this clip.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y6YPjcQJ4g&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]The Three Stooges: Moe larry The Cheese. Limburger - YouTube[/ame]

Yep, I'm so happy that I wanna go nuts and punch people. :yess:

Back