Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TPM
AOTC
ROTS
TFA
TLJ
TROS
MANDO
BOBF

I think I've given them plenty of chances, thank you very much. As you can see, one (Mando) does not look like the others. Keep waiting for a new, impressive Jedi, but failure is set to repeat.

You are like one of fans whose sports team never made it into the playoffs for years and still watches every game. :)

I love all the negativity before the show is even aired. It’s almost like certain elements of the fanbase get off on Star Wars failing. I’m guessing it’s more hatred directed towards Disney than Star Wars itself. Whatever happened to wait and see and give something a chance… you never know you might surprise yourselves and enjoy something for once ;-)

On the flip side of that you have MCU fanboys who lap up everything Disney serve up. Most of those Disney+ shows have been mediocre at best, yet the way they talk about them is like they’re the second coming of Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones. What an odd world we live in.

I don't think you will find this much hate in the forums for the other IPs after HT announce 5 figures for their licenses. Only SW :)

Mando was that win unfortunately amongst many losing films/show. Plus I am in the SW forum a lot to avoid Doctor Strange spoilers until this afternoon. :lol
Joke’s on you. Turns out Doctor Strange’s last villain built the Death Star.

Last edited:
TPM
AOTC
ROTS
TFA
TLJ
TROS
MANDO
BOBF

I think I've given them plenty of chances, thank you very much. As you can see, one (Mando) does not look like the others. Keep waiting for a new, impressive Jedi, but failure is set to repeat.

There's Rogue One and Solo too.

Solo is my favourite Star Wars film since ROTJ, closely followed by Rogue One.

Those were promising times for Disney's handling of things, finally giving us something that felt more authentic than Lucas' sojourn in the wilderness that was the PT.

The PT only became interesting for me at the very end of ROTS.

The ST isn't really worth mentioning in connection with classic Star Wars, but some of Disney's personnel will insist on it - so the ST will have its fingerprints on everything else.

The longer franchises go on the more messy they get. So many chefs in the kitchen, each trying to create a culinary masterpiece to their own taste. I've become a very picky eater. I'll stick with what I like, and take whatever's good from the less 'classic' films and series. TBOBF, for instance, was absurd, but it had it's little moments here and there.

and-starts-taking-them-away.jpg

If I've learnt anything on these boards people do not like to be disappointed so they err on the side of non-excitement (except for Zurdo of course).

Then when the figure or show comes out and it's amazing they still schitt on it and find all the negative things about it.

However if the figure or show comes out and it's crap......see above.

So, how are people feeling about
Spoiler Spoiler:
making a comeback in Mando season 3? I don't like to judge shows before they air (The Acolyte being the exception), but I'm starting to get a little worried about the direction The Mandalorian might be taking.

Spoiler Spoiler:
making a comeback in Mando season 3? I don't like to judge shows before they air (The Acolyte being the exception), but I'm starting to get a little worried about the direction The Mandalorian might be taking.

You know they'll try and build a bridge to the sequels. It's inevitable.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It will be the last straw for me, i won't care anymore. I'll be done with all future content. I will keep my figures from the mostly terrific first two seasons of Mando and that will be the endpoint...of the whole franchise. Going forward I'll almost exclusively collect OT stuff but I might randomly buy something from the PT/CW or an established character like Thrawn and view it as a Mythos of sorts.

I did the same thing after they ruined the MCU, it wasn't a difficult choice.

Spoiler Spoiler:
You talking about this from march? The Mandalorian (Star Wars Live Action Series)
I'm not convinced that's exactly evidence of the Praetorian showing up yet.
Or is there some new evidence you are referencing of them actually showing up?
Sorry in advance to the ST haters lol

Spoiler Spoiler:
Not a fan of the sequels, the less they are acknowledged the better, yet also would not be surprised if and when they are referenced, or would be shocked or outraged if and when Mando is used to somewhat bridge the gap between the OT ROTJ and TFA.
I took that as a given, and that the reason they were trying to capture Grogu (taking his blood), was to experiment with (give strength too) cloning the Emperor. So Mando seemed to be already bridging that gap from the go.

That said, I only saw the Sequels once and never really scrutinized the costumes, but a common theme with the Praetorian guards helmets seems to be none of them have a clear eye-slit view-plate section.
Which these helmets have.
Yes these may be Proto-Praetorians (time frame allows for it)
Not sure where the image came from, or what was said about it?
But these helmets could just as easily belong to one of the many Mandalorian Sects, as the Mado S3 theme is going to be the return to Mandalor, and possibly uniting all the Mando clans.
These could just as likley belong to one of the Mando clans, we will likely get a ton of new Mandalorian looks, helmets, and colors.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

They'll look totally different from the ST ones so they can sell toys. Mando need some serious melee opponents fight I guess. The praetorian guard fight scene was my favourite out of the entire ST. As long as these look cool, I'm good. They might even have red beskar armour.

It will be the last straw for me, i won't care anymore. I'll be done with all future content. I will keep my figures from the mostly terrific first two seasons of Mando and that will be the endpoint...of the whole franchise. Going forward I'll almost exclusively collect OT stuff but I might randomly buy something from the PT/CW or an established character like Thrawn and view it as a Mythos of sorts.

One reason I liked Moon Knight so much was due to how stand-alone it was compared to everything else. It was refreshing.

Spoiler Spoiler:
They have eye openings unlike the PG. I like to think they will be troops or red Mandos

One reason I liked Moon Knight so much was due to how stand-alone it was compared to everything else. It was refreshing.

It's interesting how nicely the end of Mandalorian season 2 wraps up and puts a nice bow on the OT post ROTJ. I have to wonder if Favreau did that intentionally knowing the direction Lucasfilm would force the show 🤔

I think I'm about done with collecting Star Wars stuff from D+ shows. I'll probably get OT stuff that HT release. Maybe some select PT stuff but that'll be it for me.
Going to set my collection around OT figures. Hunt down some OT grails, buy anything new from the OT. Some of the more iconic PT stuff. It'll be nice.
In terms of shows, I'll give Mando season 3 a shot. If it ties too much into the ST I'll dump the show though.
BoBF really did damage what was left of my enthusiasm for Star Wars. I just don't have any interest in the new stuff coming.
Oh well. All good things...

I think I'm about done with collecting Star Wars stuff from D+ shows. I'll probably get OT stuff that HT release. Maybe some select PT stuff but that'll be it for me.
Going to set my collection around OT figures. Hunt down some OT grails, buy anything new from the OT. Some of the more iconic PT stuff. It'll be nice.
In terms of shows, I'll give Mando season 3 a shot. If it ties too much into the ST I'll dump the show though.
BoBF really did damage what was left of my enthusiasm for Star Wars. I just don't have any interest in the new stuff coming.
Oh well. All good things...

It should potentially slow my buying and spending down considerably, which needed to happen anyway. My collection is already larger than I ever intended for it to be, but I really like the stuff I have so no regrets.

If this ends up as the bridge to the Disney trilogy, I’m out. I’m happy with the occasional ot or pt release. The only mandalorian figs I’m getting at this point are Luke and Kuiil. It’s just too many and too much money. I’m very worried about kenobi and cassian and what they will do to them. It’s funny that kk wants to kill the legendary characters, but those are the only ones people care about. Mandalorian is far enough away from farce awakens that it can exist on its own. It doesn’t need anything else.

Back