Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should potentially slow my buying and spending down considerably, which needed to happen anyway. My collection is already larger than I ever intended for it to be, but I really like the stuff I have so no regrets.

It occurred me how much more I enjoy my OT figures and that's because I feel much more connected to the OT. I grew up with it, so these characters are special to me.
I want every figure in my collection to me feel like that.
Sure I like Mando season 1 and 2, but I don't connect to it the same way I do the OT.

If this ends up as the bridge to the Disney trilogy, I’m out.
If I was a betting man, I would absolutely play the odds that, yeah, all this will eventually link back to the ST. They’re hoping they can rehabilitate it like how Clone Wars helped the PT, that if they can fill in all the gaps and explain all the plotholes, people will come around eventually.

They’ve already hinted at it with Grogu’s blood being essential to rebuilding the Empire with Sith clones, Luke’s growing troubles establishing a new Jedi order, and more subtle hints at hidden, growing dark forces masterminding events.

It WILL happen. Mark my words.

Last edited:
If I was a better man, I would absolutely play the odds that, yeah, all this will eventually link back to the ST. They’re hoping they can rehabilitate it like how Clone Wars helped the PT, that if they can fill in all the gaps and explain all the plotholes, people will come around eventually.

They’ve already hinted at it with Grogu’s blood being essential to rebuilding the Empire with Sith clones, Luke’s growing troubles establishing a new Jedi order, and more subtle hints at hidden, growing dark forces masterminding events.

It WILL happen. Mark my words.

I think many people don't want that at this point, but they probably have to lay down a few seeds to connect to the future like Fallen Order's Ilum and Starkiller Base.

But I don't think it'll be a full on bridge to the ST. It'll likely just remain subtle nods and small hints like the musical cues with Snoke's Theme and March of the Resistance.

There's too much time between The Mandalorian and TFA to really do anything significant, and they know there will be more backlash than praise if they make too many substantial connections.

There's too much time between The Mandalorian and TFA to really do anything significant, and they know there will be more backlash than praise if they make too many substantial connections.

Bold of you to think Kathleen and co. care a whit about what we want. They made that pretty damn clear with the last series we watched, in which the galaxy's most deadly bounty hunter was reduced to a guy who yells at kitchen droids and cannot maneuver his own starship out of a hangar. And he's been piloting said ship since about age ten.

Disney is all-in on the ST and seem to firmly believe that if they shove it down our throats enough, we will automagically change our minds. If they can use Mando to do that, trust me they'll do it - this is actually one of my biggest fears re season 3.

Very interesting and sobering conversation.

I think most of us knew (and dreaded) that there would be an eventual tie into the sequel trilogy but with an approximate 35 year span between "RotJ" and "TFA", we assumed that it would not creep into the stories just yet. That they would continue to play in the original trilogy sandbox for a while longer and we would get to enjoy not only the characters we've known and loved but the introduction of new characters that grow within that particular time in the " galaxy far, far away".

As far as my collecting goes, in regards to Star Wars figures, I am also leaning towards refining the direction towards the OT, with a very occasional dip outside of there. It is that "era" that means the most to me.

If they use the series to tidy up ST in a beautiful and well-crafted way, so be it. If it works, you'll get a good timeline. If they can't do it properly, then you'll have 2 messy productions. Not the end of the world.

Edit: I forgot BOBF, so you'll have 3.

If they use the series to tidy up ST in a beautiful and well-crafted way, so be it. If it works, you'll get a good timeline. If they can't do it properly, then you'll have 2 messy productions. Not the end of the world.

AbandonedAggravatingBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

I'm all for tidying up the ST.

It won't be an simple job getting rid of it all though...

giphy.gif

It's like trying to tidy up a notorious serial killers house. The only appropriate thing to do is bulldoze it, hope people forget what happened there, and hope for better times ahead.

The technology will hopefully be available soon...

50284181.jpg

This is a figure thread, and I was thinking about designs that transcend their sources. For the ST I only bought Hobo and Hologram Luke, as they fit my vision of the older Luke well enough.

Then I saw that VTS Super Kosei Time G Man figure this morning, and my first thought was classic Star Wars EU. Something that was so random, of which I knew absolutely nothing, actually gave me more Star Wars vibes than the ST!

They can shoehorn the ST in all they like, I'll never buy into it. It's just a shame they're trying to do it in The Mandalorian, something I like. It's just going to cause a distraction. Tbh though if we'd only ever had The Force Awakens, and hadn't had the two atrocities that followed, I'd at least have had a bit of interest in seeing Snoke and the rise of the First Order. They could've done something interesting with it. However, now that we know Snoke was a meaningless character (not Plagueis like he should have been!) what's the point of a backstory? I really don't see the point in forcing them into the story 20+ years before the ST even takes place. It all just feels so unnatural and inorganic at this point.

At the end of the day it's best to consider everything Disney as its own separate thing, it's not ''canon'' imo. If it didn't happen under Lucas, with his involvement, supervision, permission, or input then it's all ''fan'' fiction, or someone else's interpretation. For that reason they could never ruin the legacy characters for me, we already have what we have before Disney came along. The EU has far more of a claim to being canon imo, Lucas, whether he liked certain things or not, signed off on all of that. It really pisses me off when you have Kathleen Kennedy and her dreaded story group coming in and wielding the axe, with the approval of her buttkissing little fanboys/girls, telling us everything we've grown up with for 30+ years doesn't really matter. I hate the dismissal of the EU from the Disney era fans. Sorry, totally veered off the point there, rant over!

If this ends up as the bridge to the Disney trilogy, I’m out. I’m happy with the occasional ot or pt release. The only mandalorian figs I’m getting at this point are Luke and Kuiil. It’s just too many and too much money. I’m very worried about kenobi and cassian and what they will do to them. It’s funny that kk wants to kill the legendary characters, but those are the only ones people care about. Mandalorian is far enough away from farce awakens that it can exist on its own. It doesn’t need anything else.
This......

Imagine them ruining the hit show they had with Mando in S1 + S2 with bridges into the ST, turning the fans against the Mando show and splitting the fandom...........oh hang on......

Bold of you to think Kathleen and co. care a whit about what we want. They made that pretty damn clear with the last series we watched, in which the galaxy's most deadly bounty hunter was reduced to a guy who yells at kitchen droids and cannot maneuver his own starship out of a hangar. And he's been piloting said ship since about age ten.

Disney is all-in on the ST and seem to firmly believe that if they shove it down our throats enough, we will automagically change our minds. If they can use Mando to do that, trust me they'll do it - this is actually one of my biggest fears re season 3.
God I hate how you bring up even more logical things which were f'd up in Book of Boba.....getting Slave 1 out of the Hangar....Jesus what were they thinking ?? :rolleyes:

I rewatched S2E7 (The Tragedy) with Boba's first main appearance in Mando the other night. It made me realise how much difference there really was between that appeerance and the Book of Boba persona we got.

I'm convinced Kennedy or someone stepped in and said he's too bad ass, we need to tone him down for his own show so we hit those 4 viewer quadrants........who cares what his character should be like.

........makes me sad that they could even F-up Boba Fett !!

Very interesting and sobering conversation.

I think most of us knew (and dreaded) that there would be an eventual tie into the sequel trilogy but with an approximate 35 year span between "RotJ" and "TFA", we assumed that it would not creep into the stories just yet. That they would continue to play in the original trilogy sandbox for a while longer and we would get to enjoy not only the characters we've known and loved but the introduction of new characters that grow within that particular time in the " galaxy far, far away".

As far as my collecting goes, in regards to Star Wars figures, I am also leaning towards refining the direction towards the OT, with a very occasional dip outside of there. It is that "era" that means the most to me.
Yep, thanks Captain Trips for bringing this up. Controversial perhaps, but definitely important !

A massive change of subject here, but I didn't know where else to ask. Does anyone know what happened to that Sixth Scale Economist guy on Youtube? I saw some R.I.P. comments under his last video. I just thought someone on here might know him or know of his current situation.

Don't forget. Jar Jar was approved by Lucas. So not everything he approved was brilliant.

Don't forget. Jar Jar was approved by Lucas. So not everything he approved was brilliant.
Although Disney managed to achieve the impossible, they managed to make Jar Jar tolerable. They've managed to create several far more annoying and obnoxious characters (e.g. Rose Tico, L3-37, Finn, DJ, the Martez Sisters, that bloody Majordomo from BOBF, the Vespa kids etc.). Jar Jar is like Leonardo DiCaprio in comparison to those.

I'm convinced Kennedy or someone stepped in and said he's too bad ass, we need to tone him down for his own show so we hit those 4 viewer quadrants........who cares what his character should be like.

........makes me sad that they could even F-up Boba Fett !!

You will never convince me that a decision was not made to turn Fett into a hero. Which is the stupidest ****ing decision ever, but on a par with many of the rest of the decisions being made by the SW management team.

Behold my fearsome attack dog! Let's pull his fangs, lets neuter him/put him on hormone therapy, let's give him a mate who looks down on him and is actually smarter than he is. Let's put him in a kennel too small for him, in a milieu he does not know. Let's put him in a situation where he needs a group, but he's spent most of his life alone and has no real way to assemble one. [And the people he DOES know, who he could call on.... we're not going to see any of those] We dont need any antagonists in this story, let's turn everyone "good." Sounds like a plan!

Fierfek.

OK back to today's scheduled ragebait, which is the posting of a fake AT-RT HT tease on FB. *SLAAAAAAAAAAAP! to that person who did that lol*

Back