1/6 Hot Toys - The Book of Boba Fett: R5-D4, Pit Droid and BD-72 set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine is charged and will hopefully be shipping soon. Now I just need two more pit droids and Peli Motto.

Yeah distribution is a real mess right now as far a retailers not knowing how many to order. It sucks for people who like to wait for the final product images before deciding. (like me)

We seem to have had a mass exodus of collectors.

An outrageous $377 at TBA as well. So Hong Kong sellers have likely begun to take note of which releases are pre-sold out at Sideshow, and are taking the opportunity to go full scalper pricing.

An outrageous $377 at TBA as well. So Hong Kong sellers have likely begun to take note of which releases are pre-sold out at Sideshow, and are taking the opportunity to go full scalper pricing.
Yes we are about to see real scalping on a level we have never seen before. I don't consider a person who sells their one figure for market value to be a "scalper" - a term that gets easily throw around these days.

For this silly set? :lol

And people complain about InArt pricing...
To be clear, that’s not the Hot Toys price, which is probably a little over $200 for this set; these guys who pick up the figures and then resell them to overseas buyers are just capitalizing on limited availability.

Zero interest in r5, but I would buy a pit droid 3 pack for sure. Hot toys missing the boat on that big time.

I imagine in time all pieces of this set will see separate reissues.

An Ep1 pit droid set is almost a given. They've gotta use the tooling.

BD hopefully will be repurposed into the true BD-1.

R5 will undoubtedly get a Mando release.

Zero interest in r5, but I would buy a pit droid 3 pack for sure. Hot toys missing the boat on that big time.
R5's grand cameo in Mando did sort of fall flat for me, but it's cool that they thought of him.

I kind of thought he was going to become the R2D2 of the series alongside Mando, but I guess Grogu became that to some degree.

Well, got my set in today from Sideshow. They used Fed Ex, which was odd since they have always used UPS. Great set. Surprised I got it so quick.

Back