1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Anakin Skywalker (& STAP) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although it is tempting…I know there is shorter hair version with armor coming …soooo…hmmm decisions :unsure:

I wonder why people choose the non-exclusive version when it’s the same price.

lmao I was thinking the same thing?

I just thought it was neat that finally one of these figures hit waitlist, but no idea why collectors chose the non-exclusive version.

I just thought it was neat that finally one of these figures hit waitlist, but no idea why collectors chose the non-exclusive version.
To me this suggests it’s not typical Hot Toys collectors buying it as any HT collector would know the differences and go for the exclusive.

Or it could also be online stores buying them up as they don't have access to the exclusive versions.

I had the alternate armor with cape on since I bought him but it was time to switch it up. 😁

IMG_0210.jpeg

Be curious to see the AOTC sculpt on this figure when that one comes out. Not entirely accurate but still.

I do find it interesting as well. I’ve noticed it happen with other figures over the years.

Mando Luke is a noticeable one currently. Standard of both versions are on waitlist but exclusives are available.

If I had to guess, it’s possibly some combination of:
  • Casual buyers not knowing.
  • Some just not noticing in their rush to purchase.
  • People misinterpreting what collector and exclusive versions mean.
  • Intentionally not wanting clutter (ie. an accessory they won’t use - brings to mind that person who was throwing them away).
  • Sideshow having more units of the exclusive.
  • Sideshow offloading standard versions to other retailers for slower sellers.

I can get this for a good deal right now but am debating between him and CW Darth Maul... anybody have both and have a preference?

I can get this for a good deal right now but am debating between him and CW Darth Maul... anybody have both and have a preference?

Get both and Ahsoka for a steal. You could sell Ahsoka if you already have one/aren’t interested and make a good chunk back.

Unless you want the STAP.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/star-...-6th-scale-action-figure-bundle-set-of-3.html
Otherwise they’re both good figures so that’s a hard choice. I’d probably say Anakin, especially if you don’t have one and don’t plan on getting a PT movie version.

As is the case with many figures, HT Anakin reflects a particular look for the character at a particular moment in time, with a particular expression. At that, I think the figure does an excellent job of looking like Hayden. But Hayden has as many looks as any human being, so what you may remember in your head at any given moment might not match well.

I think there’s also a little “shiny object” syndrome going on here where all we can see in our brains right now is the new artisan figure which has a different look as well. Is it perfect? Of course not. But when this figure came out, we were pretty much universally drooling and saying it was one of the best sculpts ever….for the time at least.

Even the comparison below doesn't really represent the right head angle and of course lighting, but it seems to me that there is an awful lot of Hayden here.

View attachment 662565

Then you look at THIS photo and it looks like a cousin once removed 🤣:

View attachment 662574

Bottom line is that likeness perception is nothing if not subjective…
Completely agree. The ep 3 sculpt is fine. Get it repainted, and root the hair. It depends what you're trying to convey with the pose. The newer sculpt is just a different expression.

Back