Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It occurred me how much more I enjoy my OT figures and that's because I feel much more connected to the OT. I grew up with it, so these characters are special to me.
I want every figure in my collection to me feel like that.
Sure I like Mando season 1 and 2, but I don't connect to it the same way I do the OT.
I feel the same way about the OT, but I must admit Mando felt (and still feels) like a breath of fresh air that "saved" Star Wars for me. Every time I look at my Beskar Mando figure I'm reminded how much I appreciate that character and series. Hasn't worn off for me. I would love to look back and feel the same way about Kenobi. Currently, Star Wars TV is one for two (I was never into the animated stuff).

So, what are people’s predictions for AOTC wave 2?

I think it’ll just be the release of the five previewed AOTC prototypes: Mace, Padmé, Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid & Phase 1 Clone Commander. That’d be a 9/10 bunch of releases imo. I think AOTC Anakin and Kenobi will release during the Kenobi show.

The dream scenario…

View attachment 577010View attachment 577011View attachment 577013View attachment 577021View attachment 577022

vs.

The nightmare scenario (a mix of any 5 of the following)...

View attachment 577023View attachment 577024View attachment 577025View attachment 577026
I really hope Kit Fisto will be released.

Maybe the Phase 1 Clone Commander as an exclusive. They’ll want to get all four of those ranked clones (from AOTC) up quickly I’d imagine as they know many people will buy multiple white clones and paint the ranks themselves. An easyish job for even the amateur painters among us.

2FB6CFF3-BCA0-486C-9D3D-1E6EF1CA6332.jpeg

EDIT: sorry Hoody I more or less said the same thing you did there

So the whole “when I left you I was but the learner “ line went right out the window?
It never made sense because Anakin was a Knight not a padawan learner per Lucas’ prequels. /shrug

But I don’t approve of Vader and Kenobi fighting just like Luke and Vader fighting in comics before Bespin.

It will be the last straw for me, i won't care anymore. I'll be done with all future content. I will keep my figures from the mostly terrific first two seasons of Mando and that will be the endpoint...of the whole franchise. Going forward I'll almost exclusively collect OT stuff but I might randomly buy something from the PT/CW or an established character like Thrawn and view it as a Mythos of sorts.

I did the same thing after they ruined the MCU, it wasn't a difficult choice.
I keep seeing some random people say MCU is ruined but aside from Eternals what was messed up? It still has a lot of power and people flock to see it. Is it because of the female characters or something which is all rooted in the comics? Will the inevitable Young Avengers frustrate people with teenage diverse cast? Will the first gay marriage hurt peoples feelings? It’s all in the comics so can’t blame MCU for following the material.

No amount of "tidying" will fix the ST, because they're just not good movies lol.
They said the same of the prequels and we got CW. It’s possible but highly improbable and won’t convince everyone no matter the quality. I thought people wanted a ST rewrite? This is the closest we may ever get. Then you can imagine the following events as you wish.

Maybe the Phase 1 Clone Commander as an exclusive. They’ll want to get all four of those ranked clones (from AOTC) up quickly I’d imagine as they know many people will buy multiple white clones and paint the ranks themselves. An easyish job for even the amateur painters among us.

View attachment 577375

EDIT: sorry Hoody I more or less said the same thing you did there
I initially thought generic white clone trooper would seemingly the most feasible candidate for last year Toy Fair exclusive, but the Armorer was really a surprising twist. Pretty much phase 1 Commander, again is a promising option for this year.

No amount of "tidying" will fix the ST, because they're just not good movies lol.
I agree, but there is one more piece that I feel this discussion involves. That piece is the fact that the Prequel Trilogy was one consistent vision. George Lucas directed and wrote all three according to a planned story. A lot of the problems of that trilogy, imo, are within the execution along with the relatively short time spent with characters. The story itself is relatively effective, but needed some extra strings to help Anakin's turn be more natural. The Clone Wars allows for seven seasons to showcase a full arc for Anakin's fall and thus enhances the payoffs in ROTS. The sequel trilogy does not have that luxury. Nothing will fix a trilogy which involves two directors actively hating each other's movies. The Last Jedi destroys all set ups from The Force Awakens (Rey's parentage, Snoke, Kylo's training ETC) , and then The Rise of Skywalker comes along and tries to revert all the subversions from The Last Jedi (Replacing Snoke with Palpatine, retconning Rey's parentage, Luke's 'a Jedi's weapon should be treated with more respect' line ETC). None of it was planned. Daisy herself was told three different things for Rey's parentage (Kenobi, No-one, Palpatine)! And that is why nothing can fix it no matter how hard Filoni/Faverau/Kennedy try. The ST is a sunk ship imo.

They said the same of the prequels and we got CW. It’s possible but highly improbable and won’t convince everyone no matter the quality. I thought people wanted a ST rewrite? This is the closest we may ever get. Then you can imagine the following events as you wish.
I already like the prequels though

So, what are people’s predictions for AOTC wave 2?

I think it’ll just be the release of the five previewed AOTC prototypes: Mace, Padmé, Kit Fisto, Super Battle Droid & Phase 1 Clone Commander. That’d be a 9/10 bunch of releases imo. I think AOTC Anakin and Kenobi will release during the Kenobi show.

The dream scenario…

View attachment 577010View attachment 577011View attachment 577013View attachment 577021View attachment 577022

vs.

The nightmare scenario (a mix of any 5 of the following)...

View attachment 577023View attachment 577024View attachment 577025View attachment 577026
That truly would be the dream scenario. :rock
I'm not going to get my hopes up though.

Technically the previewed Kit Fisto prototype was the creepy face he had from RotS. The AotC version looks much better IMO. He looks like a sick and cornered animal in RotS.

qtos63c7l3921.png

Really not sure what to make of this part...

0rnh3jtnd1091.png

I have a horrible feeling they've seen how popular Grogu is with kids and think they need to make more stuff appealing to kids set in this Mando timeline. That could also explain the softening up and emasculation of Boba Fett. This Grammar Rodeo scares the life out of me. I don't trust them for a second to make something that evokes feelings of the 80s Amblin movies, I expect it'll be incredibly cheesy. I hope I'm wrong.

Really not sure what to make of this part...

View attachment 577545

I have a horrible feeling they've seen how popular Grogu is with kids and think they need to make more stuff appealing to kids set in this Mando timeline. That could also explain the softening up and emasculation of Boba Fett. This Grammar Rodeo scares the life out of me. I don't trust them for a second to make something that evokes feelings of the 80s Amblin movies, I expect it'll be incredibly cheesy. I hope I'm wrong.
I don't think you'll be wrong on this.

My guess is it'll be a story about Broom Boy and his mates running away to Tosche Station.

But OK let them make one cheesy kids show. It'll fail because none of the kids care about Star Wars since the ST debacle. They only care about Marvel these days. Plus not sure classic 80 film genre will work in 2025. But they can try....

Who is the chick on the left of Cassian in the inside pic above ?

P.S I like his duster coat look.
Mon Mothma, played by the actress who played the same role in the deleted ROTS scenes but eventually was seen on screen in Rogue One.

Back