Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andor I have the most confidence in: as he was by design a broken character when we meet him, for who's only hope at redemption , is a knowing suicide mission for an (otherwise meaningless if it fails) greater cause.

So yeah, how does he get there, is by design a pretty dark (and compelling) untold story
I mean this guy became everything he likely hates -"Spy, Saboteur, Assassin" to where he might be unquestionably following orders, shooting someone in the back, just to keep them from potentially blabbing under torture, all in the name of protecting an ideal, that doesn't even exist yet.
We see the weight of that, of what he knows he's become, in R1, now we just have to see how he got there. I have no problem with Gilroy revisiting the character (losing his Identity Bourne style) he essentially created, and put in that spot.
-----\

I'm more worried about Disney revisiting and "reframing" to some extent Obi-Wan but mostly Vader.

The Disney's frikin story group compunction and need to likely turn Vader into an emotional caricature of himself, and get into overwrought "exploring" and trudging through Vader's life choices, feeling and emotions at this time, with subtlety of a cartoon mallet.
(Disney can't help themselves).

Yeah a new duel between young Obi-Wan and Vader we can all imagine as visually fantastic, yet careful what you wish for.

Chow- "Vader, she told... would add a new dimension that could ultimately reframe the way fans look at their classic duel in the original movie."

Cause that's what that epic set up and duel which everyone already loved needs, is to their understanding of it, be "reframed" by the idiots at Disney, :lol

Who gave us ;
A Han so regressed and compulsively dead beat lame, the useless role they left him was to commit suicide by his own brat.
Turned Leia (once one the most inspiring ) into the worst, least inspiring leader in the universe.
And the once hope-filled Luke into such a piece of crap coward, slave to fear, hiding from his friends, betraying everything he learned and was, to become the ultimate failed Jedi.

All great characters ruined, in the name of telling themselves they are "reframing" and telling something "new" with them.

So yeah, let's "reframe" Vader too.

Last edited:
I'm more worried about Disney revisiting and "reframing" to some extent Obi-Wan but mostly Vader.

Their awful compunction and need to likely turn Vader into an emotional caricature of himself, by getting into exploring his "feelings", with subtlety of a cartoon mallet. (Disney can't help themselves).

All in the name of telling themselves they are reframing and telling something "new" with the characters.

So yeah a new duel between young Obi-Wan and Vader we can all imagine as visually fantastic, yet careful what you wish for.

Chow- "Vader, she told... would add a new dimension that could ultimately reframe the way fans look at their classic duel in the original movie."

Cause that's what that epic set up and duel which everyone already loved needs, is to their understanding of it, be "reframed" by the idiots at Disney, :lol

Who gave us ;
An emotionally regressed Han so compulsively dead beat lame, the role they left him was to uselessly commit suicide by his own brat.
Turned Leia (once one the most inspiring ) into the worst, least inspiring leader in the universe.
And the once hope-filled Luke into such a piece of crap coward, hiding from his friends, betraying everything he learned and was, to become the ultimate failed Jedi.
Good, and fair, points about the Obi-Wan/Vader dynamic. Not being a fan of the PT (hearing James Earl Jones say the name Padme caused a little piece of me to die :LOL: ) I'm concerned they'll attempt a softening of one of the best movie villains of all time, at a time the character probably shouldn't be softened. Ultimately, all this Vader talk may come down to the character being onscreen for about 10 min tops, unless there's info out there I've missed. The quotes about this being a Vader/Kenobi "love story" are unsettling. o_O:confused::ROFLMAO:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2022/05/book-boba-fett-star-wars
E64323B5-6C02-45C8-A579-D6E741F7827A.jpeg

Reads like 100% damage control to me. They know 100% they f_d up.

So it's only taken 2 seasons of Mando and Faverau has already stopped listening to the fans.

Jesus it's not hard. Everyone went wild about Mando S2E7 with Fett going ape. So followup on that and go the "Walter White" route for Book of Boba.

Even the lessons and sacrifices shown in Breaking Bad were as clear as day, and arguably the best show on TV (Top 5 easily for that genre).

I don't think we can safely say in "Faverau + Filoni we trust" any more......

*serious displeasure*

May the Maker help Kenobi in his own show. He's going to need it.

The problem here was not Fett's relative level of non-violence, nor his sundance-type of revelation while with the Tuskens. It wasnt that he was trying to think strategically.

The problem was that the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter had to stoop to yelling at a kitchen droid.

I wonder what similar indignities are awaiting Obi-wan.

Last edited:
*serious displeasure*

May the Maker help Kenobi in his own show. He's going to need it.

The problem here was not Fett's relative level of non-violence, nor his sundance-type of revelation while with the Tuskens. It wasnt that he was trying to think strategically.

The problem was that the galaxy's most feared bounty hunter had to stoop to yelling at a kitchen droid.

I wonder what similar indignities are awaiting Obi-wan.
Yeah I don’t think the interviewer and writer of that piece accurately understood what people largely took issue with, and in turn did not ask the appropriate questions which in turn lead to Filoni and Favreau’s answers not actually addressing people’s complaints.

The show was Boba rolling around on his back and getting a Wookie Wedgie for several episodes, then Mando takes over the show and immediately has the bad-ass scene you’d have expected the show’s titular character to have had by that point.

The show was Boba rolling around on his back and getting a Wookie Wedgie for several episodes, then Mando takes over the show and immediately has the bad-ass scene you’d have expected the show’s titular character to have had by that point.
Exactly. (y)

Is the assumption the Kenobi figure gets previewed this week? Given the lackluster costume design, this head sculpt has to be perfect for buying consideration.

I like the look of the Bad Batch irrespective of the series, which nevertheless did have some good bits.

I'm already in for Echo and Hunter, so will have to carry on and finish the team. At the moment they're really the only things that I'll be able to display CW Ahsoka with, though initially I was envisaging the team as existing closer to the OT.

No Clone left behind.

Howard is going Clone crazy at the moment.
I wonder when he’ll discover Revenge of the Sith had clones in it. Looking in my crystal ball I’ll say 2025 for the 20th anniversary. Until then we’re stuck with every possible variant of the 501st… well, apart from the ones people actually want like Fives and Echo.

As for The Bad Batch, I’m really torn on which I want to see first. The heart says Wrecker, the head says one of the other two because they’re the most likely to end up in the Hot Toys bin.

A livestream for Celebration day 1 in case anyone was wondering where to find it…

I think it starts at 3.30pm EST.

Back