Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the duster coat look as well. Still hope he will be wearing is signature outfit from Rogue One though. Our last chance to complete the RO shelf.
Yep totally agree. Hot Toys need to give us multiple costumes / looks for him. Like they did for Jyn ! They should use that same deluxe box style as well. That was sweet.

I don't like Kennedy either, but its a good article and worth the read. I enjoyed the snippets about the Mando, Kenobi, and Ahsoka shows. I'm really excited about these shows on the horizon. Kenobi, Andor, Mando S3, Ahsoka, and Acolyte all sound really promising! I'm more excited for Star Wars now then I've been since 2005. With Favreau and Filoni, I feel confident in what we'll be getting.

I don't like Kennedy either, but its a good article and worth the read. I enjoyed the snippets about the Mando, Kenobi, and Ahsoka shows. I'm really excited about these shows on the horizon. Kenobi, Andor, Mando S3, Ahsoka, and Acolyte all sound really promising! I'm more excited for Star Wars now then I've been since 2005. With Favreau and Filoni, I feel confident in what we'll be getting.

It really is a great read.

Some awesome shots too.

Get excited
image_9cf05776-2d37-4d1d-831f-ef1398ca7d1a20220518_070351.jpg

New looks for Andor and Mothma
6gjqk0.gif

6gj9dp.jpg

"Mon Mothma: In Andor, Genevieve O’Reilly’s galactic senator secretly leads an uprising against the Empire. Cassian Andor: Diego Luna stars as a man who believes in nothing but eventually risks everything to aid the Rebellion. Andor premieres late summer 2022."

Those hoping to fill out their Rogue One cast are going to have to settle for a new look for Andor.
Though season might end with him officially joining the Rebellion (and getting closer to his R1 look).
"Tony Gilroy, who had punched up the [Rogue One] movie’s script for reshoots. Gilroy—whose credits include writing the first four Bourne thrillers and writing and directing Michael Clayton—was developing a series that would explore Andor’s backstory, revealing what drew him into the galactic Rebellion and how he evolved from a self-serving nihilist into a selfless martyr. Luna’s call with Gilroy—the first time he heard the full plan for the Andor story—happened more than three years ago."

'On that day in mid-2019, when Luna was recruited for Andor, the actor remembers looking out the car window at the rooftops of the adjacent buildings, visualizing the tale about resistance-minded spies and near-death escapes. He was especially glad that Gilroy’s proposal included details that resonated personally. Luna describes Andor as a refugee story, with desperate people fleeing the Empire at the full force of its power. “It’s the journey of a migrant,” he says. “That feeling of having to move is behind this story, very profoundly and very strong. That shapes you as a person. It defines you in many ways, and what you are willing to do.”

Gilroy breathes deep and reveals a little more about Andor. “This guy gave his life for the galaxy, right? I mean, he consciously, soberly, without vanity or recognition, sacrificed himself. Who does that?” he asks. “That’s what this first season is about. It’s about him being really revolution-averse, and cynical, and lost, and kind of a mess.” The story begins with the destruction of Andor’s birth world, then follows him into adulthood, when he realizes he can’t run forever. “His adopted home will become the base of our whole first season, and we watch that place become radicalized,” Gilroy says. “Then we see another planet that’s completely taken apart in a colonial kind of way. The Empire is expanding rapidly. They’re wiping out anybody who’s in their way.” By journey’s end, Andor’s path will be to block theirs.

The show also focuses on the enigmatic Rebel leader Mon Mothma, played by Genevieve O’Reilly, who portrayed her as a young senator in Revenge of the Sith, then reprised the role in Rogue One. Mothma (then played by Caroline Blakiston) was the priestess-like figure in 1983’s Return of the Jedi who outlines weaknesses in the new Death Star, gravely intoning, “Many Bothans died to bring us this information.” In Andor, her story will run parallel to the title character, whom we know will eventually become one of her key agents. “It is a huge, orchestral, Dickensian ensemble cast,” says Gilroy."

Last edited:
New looks for Andor and Mothma
6gjqk0.gif

6gj9dp.jpg

"Mon Mothma: In Andor, Genevieve O’Reilly’s galactic senator secretly leads an uprising against the Empire. Cassian Andor: Diego Luna stars as a man who believes in nothing but eventually risks everything to aid the Rebellion. Andor premieres late summer 2022."

Those hoping to fill out their Rogue One cast are going to have to settle for a new look for Andor.
Though season might end with him officially joining the Rebellion (and getting closer to his R1 look).
I feel very safe having Gilroy writing and show running Andor.

Rogue One is my favourite, and even though he only assisted there, it turned out great. I also have very good memories of the Bourne trilogy.

I think Andor is going to be the "adult only" show which we all will love.

I agree, but there is one more piece that I feel this discussion involves. That piece is the fact that the Prequel Trilogy was one consistent vision. George Lucas directed and wrote all three according to a planned story. A lot of the problems of that trilogy, imo, are within the execution along with the relatively short time spent with characters. The story itself is relatively effective, but needed some extra strings to help Anakin's turn be more natural. The Clone Wars allows for seven seasons to showcase a full arc for Anakin's fall and thus enhances the payoffs in ROTS. The sequel trilogy does not have that luxury. Nothing will fix a trilogy which involves two directors actively hating each other's movies. The Last Jedi destroys all set ups from The Force Awakens (Rey's parentage, Snoke, Kylo's training ETC) , and then The Rise of Skywalker comes along and tries to revert all the subversions from The Last Jedi (Replacing Snoke with Palpatine, retconning Rey's parentage, Luke's 'a Jedi's weapon should be treated with more respect' line ETC). None of it was planned. Daisy herself was told three different things for Rey's parentage (Kenobi, No-one, Palpatine)! And that is why nothing can fix it no matter how hard Filoni/Faverau/Kennedy try. The ST is a sunk ship imo.
All very good points and illustrates how hard (near impossible) this will be to fix the ST. One thing though Lucas had some screenwriter help for AOTC and ROTS so he didn’t do everything alone like for TPM, he did have a unified vision and compelling story which is why the PT is so special. I still think the Mando and any shows set in that pre TFA era don’t have to allude to the most illogical pieces of the ST. That’s why I think it’s a rewrite of sorts, just set up the stage in a logical way and audiences can make up their own minds what the future holds. For instance child soldiers focusing on the future First Order conscription, cloning like we have seen, Luke’s order, Leia’s political career, etc. These are all things they can connect without ramming it down people’s throats or trying to fix the ST.

Last edited:
I feel very safe having Gilroy writing and show running Andor.

Rogue One is my favourite, and even though he only assisted there, it turned out great. I also have very good memories of the Bourne trilogy.

I think Andor is going to be the "adult only" show which we all will love.
I think you’re right since not many kids shows deal with nihilism, martyrdom and refugee crises with ever encroaching authoritarian government.

Back