Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They have a lot of Rogue One props and costumes left around. I'm not joking cause they used some of it in Mando. Plus, Rogue One was the only new IP that was pretty well received. I still think the 2 main characters sucked.

Disney Star Wars is like Taco Bell. They always come up with new Taco’s every year but it’s always from the same old ingredients. Maybe splash on a “new” sauce flavor or drink on the menu but it’s always gonna be familiar.

Disney Star Wars is like Taco Bell. They always come up with new Taco’s every year but it’s always from the same old ingredients. Maybe splash on a “new” sauce flavor or drink on the menu but it’s always gonna be familiar.
They both have the same effect after consumption....

- "There is more than one sort of prison, Captain, I sense that you carry yours wherever you go.”

Andor is the unnoticed every-man of war, no fantasy powers or skills, no slick gear armor or gadgets.
No medal, kiss from the princes, no chance of reward.
In fact he's not supposed to stand out, or be easy to like, as the others being listed.

What makes him interesting is he (and his mostly unnamed troop and till now unseen side of the Rebellion "Spies, Saboteurs, Assassin" following orders ) are the most human, who you see losing their own identity and humanity.

Being a Spy thriller sightly different genre for a Star Wars chapter to explore, yet fully immersed in the Star Wars U. Like there was all this staging going on, the camera is just going to pan over there for a few chapters to show what, and who you weren't looking at, but were always aware were there, makes it very interesting for me.

By creator of the Bourne Identity franchise, which I really enjoyed, and like R1 should very much have it's own tone that hasn't been covered already by the others.
Yet still very much fully immersed in Star Wars, culled from that first opening crawl.

And from Andor comes one of the greatest underlying character ironies- In that he will at one point re-program to be his best friend, a cold killing gun-metal Imperial assassin droid, to be more human, while aware that he is loosing his own humanity. Hopefully the series will end on this.

Last edited:
So stripped of everything that makes Star Wars what it is? No thanks.

But I also know many are excited and I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade, so my opinion doesn’t matter. Hopefully, he at least gets a more likable friend with an interesting story and gadgets and a cool fighter/transport to make me wanna tune in.

So stripped of everything that makes Star Wars what it is?
No, If you think that's all Star Wars is about the gadgets and gear, or about the force, there are other aspects too.
But I also know many are excited and I’m not here to rain on anyone’s parade, so my opinion doesn’t matter. Hopefully, he at least gets a more likable friend with an interesting story and gadgets and a cool fighter/transport to make me wanna tune in.
U-Wing was a great new troop transport, and behind the scenes have already revealed some new ships too.
And the other stuff is there too, he's not just about that.
, Andor for me has a lot of potential to be something totally different with new characters.
Yep, Andor is by design not treading the same ground as Mando (gunslinger / Lone Wolf & Cub) and Fett (more criminal under world/galactic mob boss) or Kenobi and Ahsoka; Ronin(Mystic Samurais without masters), all which I love. Andor is covering different aspect of the War in Star Wars, which is just as significant.
Lucas pulled from, and lent himself to many genres, which is what makes it so expansive you don't have to cover the same ground in every show, Spy Thriller is just one more fantastic aspect that can be explored in the SW U.
I think Andor is the most interesting character in R1. He has one of my favorite lines in all of SW. "Suddenly the Rebellion is real to you" He wasn't just saying it to Jyn, he was saying it to the audience as well. I never really considered all those rebel soldiers and the sacrifices they must have made, and continued to make.g
True, great line, and voice for the Rebellion.

Last edited:
Rogue One almost puts me to sleep until the third act.
You know, the best thing about R. O. Imo is the world-view. You get to see interesting ships and sets and all sorts of things. And who doesnt love Chirrut?

Plus, Vader in the bacta tank. I really enjoy seeing that sort of thing. All Vaders scenes in this were well worth watching.

The main characters felt very bland. i felt like we missed the most interesting stuff, i.e. Galen Erso's struggles within the Empire. We cut in after the fact. Okay.

You know, the best thing about R. O. Imo is the world-view. You get to see interesting ships and sets and all sorts of things. And who doesnt love Chirrut?

Plus, Vader in the bacta tank. I really enjoy seeing that sort of thing. All Vaders scenes in this were well worth watching.

The main characters felt very bland. i felt like we missed the most interesting stuff, i.e. Galen Erso's struggles within the Empire. We cut in after the fact. Okay.
Yes the world building in Rogue One is amazing. I think that was the first time we'd been to so many new worlds in the Star Wars universe.

Regarding backstory you need to read Catalyst. Or listen on Audible is even better with sound effects etc.

It's the official backstory between Jyn Erso, his wife and Krennic leading right into Rogue One. It's an excellent book, and adds more to the movie itself imo. I really need to listen to it again before Andor comes out actually.

You can join up with Audible for a 30 day trial and listen to it for free with the free credit you get if you don't want to purchase it.

Catalyst_A_Rogue_One_Novel.png

Next up are Kenobi latest details. Can't believe it's taken this long.

But at 6 x 1hr episodes I'm OK with that, so long as it's good !!

Kenobi

Episodes
: 6 episodes @ 1 hr length = almost trilogy length !!!
Seasons: 1 (limited series)
Filming: Many actors have wrapped, but close to filming finish.
Due to Air: 2022
Directors: Deborah Chow
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think it's Cassian himself that got the show, it's what he represents.

1). Opportunity for a spy/thriller genre show in the Star Wars universe
2). A look at the rebellion in the early years before ANH
3). Introduction of known characters. From Rebels etc
4). Potential links to Rogue One which the audience knows or at least has seen before.
5). Endless story potential with every mission he goes on, with the empire being the clear opposition.
6). As WTC mentioned, K2SO is a huge draw as a crowd favourite. He'll be in S2 which is cool.

There are probably more reasons, but they are just the first few which come to mind.

As much as I would love a Chirrut and Baze show, I'm not sure what they would actually do which would be compelling and exciting for 10 episodes ?

That's not a kill Ramatuelle post, just thoughts that comes to my mind if I were to decide.

Perhaps Baze + Chirrut could have exciting adventures ?? Maybe Disney could go deeper into their rumoured gay relationship.....OK let's stick with Cassian with Baze appearing as a macho cameo !!

giphy.gif
Yeah, my thoughts exactly. You can't really have a Baze and Chirrut show because they didn't join the rebellion until Rogue One and after Rogue One...well you know. Same for Jyn. Cassian gives them just enough name recognition to make people aware of the time frame the series will exist in. I guess something like "Dawn of the Rebellion" would've done similar but there's a compulsion to tie things to known entities in the Star Wars universe. I'm ok with that as Cassian may not have been the most memorable character from Rogue One but he was likable enough. Perhaps it'll be enough to spark new interest in Rogue One and resurrect the Baze figure and get a re-issue of Chirrut...in 2026 :)

Next up are Kenobi latest details. Can't believe it's taken this long.

But at 6 x 1hr episodes I'm OK with that, so long as it's good !!

Kenobi

Episodes
: 6 episodes @ 1 hr length = almost trilogy length !!!
Seasons: 1 (limited series)
Filming: Many actors have wrapped, but close to filming finish.
Due to Air: 2022
Directors: Deborah Chow
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:
This IS the one. Of all the announced shows this is going to be the biggest of the lot imo. My favourite SW character of all-time in what is essentially a movie trilogy length show. Yes, please!

I wonder if Howard likes Luke enough, (or sees enough sales) to make 'young Luke' (and young Leia)?

If he has this in mind then Omega becomes viable as well, since they'll need to create a new kid body, or properly adapt their existing Jawa one.

He's just lucky Marshal Cara Dune isn't still around to dish out some rough justice. lol
Starting to think this is all a Carl Weathers masterplan so he doesn't have to share screentime with anyone else. He must be desperate to have his own Hot Toys figure.

Doubt it. Although as a fan of anime I think it looks really promising. Thankfully it's not going to be considered canon, so we can just enjoy it rather than nitpicking every detail.

Back