Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah, The Acolyte, it'll be nice to have a show that'll come without controversy. A show that will tap straight into all the good vibes that Filoni and Favreau have created with the Disney+ shows. Kathleen Kennedy's foul stench is all over this one.

What we want to see...

EVNI9z8UwAEDKkb.jpg

What we'll probably get...

31fb676426333be70c168c317fb6c45648c889d9.jpg
star-wars-high-republic-leox-gyasi-artwork-1255484.jpeg
blkd5nvvbwh61.jpg
Screenshot 2021-08-17 234335.jpg

Attachments

• geodeandfriends-e1615065801737.png
    geodeandfriends-e1615065801737.png
    273.9 KB · Views: 30
I got slated on Reddit for saying that Geode is a ******* stupid character design and concept when anyone with eyes and a brain should be able to see how ******* stupid and lazy it is. It's a rectangluar rock that speaks I guess.

Some things are too stupid even for Star Wars.

I got slated on Reddit for saying that Geode is a ******* stupid character design and concept when anyone with eyes and a brain should be able to see how ******* stupid and lazy it is. It's a rectangluar rock that speaks I guess.

What there are seriously people wanting a talking rock ?

That sort of #### just justifies Disney doing anything, some people will eat it up. Then the fans and people who know what they are talking about are deemed toxic.

I'll be skipping anything from the High Republic simply based on that stupid rock !

What there are seriously people wanting a talking rock ?

That sort of #### just justifies Disney doing anything, some people will eat it up. Then the fans and people who know what they are talking about are deemed toxic.

I'll be skipping anything from the High Republic simply based on that stupid rock !
Apparently he's a "really cool character and more than he seems on the surface", yeah right it's a ******* rock bro.

People on Reddit Star Wars also think the Rian Johnson trilogy is a certainty. Absolutely no way it might not happen. Also, The Last Jedi is the second-best Star Wars film, reluctantly placing it behind The Empire Strikes Back. A New Hope is boring and dated. It's fair to say Star Wars Redditers aren't the brightest bunch.

Sigh. SW fans I guess will justify anything. Even seen Justin on his YT stream complain about you are not writing it, they are. What? I like Justin's reviews, but to just swallow anything given to you is dumb. Pander to certain groups that isn't in the purview of SW and literally not accomplishing anything in storylines perhaps isn't serving SW. People say they like TLJ but can't justify it. PT was bad directing and dialogue, ST was bad everything.

Last edited:
Sigh. SW fans I guess will justify anything. Even seen Justin on his YT stream complain about you are not writing it, they are. What? I like Justin's reviews, but to just swallow anything given to you is dumb. Pander to certain groups that isn't in the purview of SW and literally not accomplishing anything in storylines perhaps isn't serving SW. People say they like TLJ but can't justify it. PT was bad directing and dialogue, ST was bad everything.
I love that he never allows any discussion about the Sequel trilogy cause he likes them but but he's happy to openly slaughter The Bad Batch. But a lot of the time he never seems to be open to opinion orientated discussions just purely from an objective stand point like some kind of robot.

We can't criticise prices apparently because "that's the price", uh what? We definitely can criticise the price of the Sideshow Anakin/Obi-Wan because we have the HT version to compare it to (for Anakin at least), Hot Toys only costs $5 for way better overall quality and more accessories, etc.

If we don't criticise anything how will it improve.

I like his reviews but I just can't agree with some of his views.

The andor show may be the way for us ot fans to get some of the characters we have been waiting for, as it seems that it will focus on the empire. Maybe we finally get the beloved Death Star trooper, tie pilots, sand troopers, imperial officers, rebel troopers, rebel pilots, and so on. That’s what I’m hopeful for.

Andor Sandies will not be the same as OT Sandies...more like R1, which we've already had.

Apparently he's a "really cool character and more than he seems on the surface", yeah right it's a ******* rock bro.

Maybe he's a geode?

Reddit is a far left SJW echo chamber after either recently purging nearly everyone who isn’t far-left or just downvoting them and banning them from subs. You want to hear the truth on anything sort every thread by controversial.

Ah, The Acolyte, it'll be nice to have a show that'll come without controversy. A show that will tap straight into all the good vibes that Filoni and Favreau have created with the Disney+ shows. Kathleen Kennedy's foul stench is all over this one.

What we want to see...

View attachment 535031

What we'll probably get...

View attachment 535034

WTF what is this, HP Lovecraft-themed?!!! I know the Crawling Chaos when i see it!!!

We got this, a spectrum of differing sexualities and a rock. A literal rock. This fall is gonna be lit.

(i am not decrying differing sexualities but SW does not seem like the best place to be exploring these concepts, and i am willing to die on that hill.)

WTF what is this, HP Lovecraft-themed?!!! I know the Crawling Chaos when i see it!!!

We got this, a spectrum of differing sexualities and a rock. A literal rock. This fall is gonna be lit.

(i am not decrying differing sexualities but SW does not seem like the best place to be exploring these concepts, and i am willing to die on that hill.)
What's wrong with Lovecraft? haha. Yeah, I get what you mean, it doesn't quite fit Star Wars.

The possibilities for this show are both exciting and horrifying at the same time. As illustrated by those pics above.

On one hand I believe it's supposed to be right at the end of the High Republic and should (I may be wrong) fit in the timeline of Tenebrous and Plagueis... or at least Tenebrous and his Twi'lek master. I think the former. If I cared enough to check the dates of this High Republic timeline I'd know. We know Plagueis is canon so they can't exactly ignore him. Leslye Headland has also talked about her love of the prequels and how she wants to tie her show into The Phantom Menace. Well, what novel ties the Old Republic (I'm ignoring the High Republic for now) perfectly together with the prequels? James Luceno's 'Darth Plagueis'. Easily one of the finest Star Wars books ever written, Legends or not.

On the other hand it's difficult to ignore this High Republic crap. Kathleen Kennedy in-particular will be desperate to push it to live-action. It's her latest vanity project and her way of sticking one finger up at her haters. It's also gathering a lot of attention from the Rian Johnson/TLJ crowd. We all know how much they adore Kathleen Kennedy, she's bullet-proof to them. She probably isn't even aware who Plagueis and Tenebrous are. And I'm filled with dread at that Leslye Headland quote above about her writing team having never even seen a Star Wars movie or show. Very doubtful they'll know anything of Legends. I also think there's a danger than Filoni has no involvement in this. It certainly doesn't feel very Filoni.

As much as I want it to be one thing I think it has a stronger chance of being the other. Still, I won't dismiss it yet until we get some more details.

I love H.P. Lovecraft.... just not in my Star Wars.

I did enjoy the LV-426 vibes we got in one of the early Bad Batch episodes. That planet looked just like LV. Then we had some critters from Pitch Black show up.... they do love their various references, the developers do.

And I'm filled with dread at that Leslye Headland quote above about her writing team having never even seen a Star Wars movie or show. Very doubtful they'll know anything of Legends.

Bruh. Know anything about Legends?! They dont even know Luke and Leia are siblings, much less more complicated lore. Oh dont worry, this is going to be a c.f. of epic proportions.

Still might do a little hate-watching tho. :)

Reddit is a far left SJW echo chamber after either recently purging nearly everyone who isn’t far-left or just downvoting them and banning them from subs. You want to hear the truth on anything sort every thread by controversial.
Yeah the StarWarsLeaks sub is the worst for that, I gave up going there long ago. Most of the crowd in that sub seem to accept any rubbish that Disney throws at them, so long as it’s got Star Wars slapped on it.

I’ve read this High Republic comic up to I think issue 7 and I just can’t anymore. The Drengir as most have said just doesn’t seem to fit Star Wars and I just have no interest in the characters. Maybe it’ll get better down the line but so far it’s trash imo

Sounds like most things nowadays...

Topic of the day is the Ahsoka show. Still hard to believe we are getting all these shows, and probably a Luke show too if I'm a betting man.

Ahsoka

Episodes:
unknown
Season: 1 (limited series)
Filming: Late 2022 (unconfirmed)
Due to Air: Late 2022 or Q1-Q2 2023
Directors: Dave Filoni
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Topic of the day is the Ahsoka show. Still hard to believe we are getting all these shows, and probably a Luke show too if I'm a betting man.

Ahsoka

Episodes:
unknown
Season: 1 (limited series)
Filming: Late 2022 (unconfirmed)
Due to Air: Late 2022 or Q1-Q2 2023
Directors: Dave Filoni
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:

From how Rebels ended, and Ahsoka’s goal from Mando, this should be the easiest plot to a show ever. This is one show that doesn’t need any arbitrary swerves or try to be too clever.

Back