Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent post, Andrew. Any way you could incorporate this into the first page of the thread for easy reference, checking updates etc.?

So, going off this my three main hopes for the first season are...

1) Several flashbacks to Jango Fett training Boba as a child.
2) Qi'ra & Crimson Dawn turn up and play a big part in the story, hinting at a future Crimson Dawn project.
3) Tarantino (Robert Rodriguez's best mate) guest directs an episode.

and the top three characters I'd like to see (not including those mentioned in the rumoured character list above) would be...

1) Qi'ra
2) Jaster Mereel (in flashbacks)
3) Omega

View attachment 534699View attachment 534700View attachment 534701
Yeah cool idea with the first page. I was thinking the info would be good to have stored somewhere for reference. We're going to need it for 2022 !

Those are some serious hopes there Captain. Using any one of these shows to lead into a future Crimson Dawn project with Maul is an excellent idea, and surely must be on their radar for down the line !!

I heard somewhere that there should be Star Wars content in almost every month of 2022 !!

2022 is going to be wild !!

I know I do! I am hopeful for some solid backstory between ESB and ROTJ as well as post-Sarlacc...
That's the beauty of this. They have the backstory for the first season (a bit like a re-birth/origins season), then he can move forward parallel to the Mando timeline in a gangster underworld type storyline for several more seasons. They were planning an underworld show like this years ago, I believe George even wrote scripts for it which they can use.

Using any one of these shows to lead into a future Crimson Dawn project with Maul is an excellent idea, and surely must be on their radar for down the line !!
I'm positive that's the route they're taking, and I was even before Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn turned up in the War of the Bounty Hunters comics. I don't believe in coincidences with this sort of stuff. Those comics, and their connected issues from other ongoing canon comic series, are absolutely supposed to be in our mind going into Book of Boba. That also makes it feasible we'll see the likes of Dr. Aphra turn up.

Come to think of it's really strange that we haven't had an official cast list for this show yet, especially with it only being a few months out. Kenobi's cast list was already released (although I'm sure there'll be several surprises not on that cast list *cough* Liam Neeson *cough*).

Yes the continuity of crime boss Maul and his Crimson Dawn syndicate would be a pleasant surprise.
Problem is Maul can't be in Boba(Mando current time line (due to him dying at the hands of Kenobi pre Ep4). But if Book of Boba has flashbacks to earlier timepoints to establish some sort of relationship (bad) with say Qi'ra, then all bets are off.

They could theoretically dedicate a full season / show to a younger Boba Fett in that time period.

SWTimelineD23.jpg

Yeah I imagine the purpose of this show is to add tons of canon to Boba Fett’s story. Because as of now he has nothing besides the OT, Mando, and a few comics. Everything else is Legends. As opposed to Kenobi or Andor, instead of being titled “Boba Fett,” it is “The Book of Boba Fett.” It will add lore to Boba’s entire story and not just the time period from where he last see him in the post credit scene. Any of the shows can and will have flashbacks of course, but they won’t have the same intention.

That’s my prediction at least. This is their long awaited answer to people asking if Fett actually does anything besides look cool, which we got an early taste of in Mando.

Last edited:
OK so while Book of Boba is exciting, Andor for me has a lot of potential to be something totally different with new characters.

I always tend to think of that opening scene with Andor and shooting that guy in the back alley with Stormtroopers coming. Should be a very cool different view on things in the SW universe.

Here are latest details,

Andor

Episodes:
12 episodes (probably like Mandalorian length)
Seasons: At least 2. Season 2 in 2023, K2SO won’t appear in Season 1, but presumably in Season 2.
Filming: Wrapped, now in post production
Due to Air: Season 1 : Presumably early 2022 (after Book of Boba)
Directors: Toby Haynes, Ben Caron, Susanna White.
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:

OK so while Book of Boba is exciting, Andor for me has a lot of potential to be something totally different with new characters.

I always tend to think of that opening scene with Andor and shooting that guy in the back alley with Stormtroopers coming. Should be a very cool different view on things in the SW universe.

Here are latest details,

Andor

Episodes:
Seasons: At least 2. Season 2 in 2023, K2SO won’t appear in Season 1, but presumably in Season 2.
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:
She definitely isn't the best actress around. I'd say she's Eastenders/Coronation Street level. That probably means nothing to anyone non-English. In other words crappy soap opera level. In other other words Daisey Ridley level ;) Still, the character had a lot of potential, and the design was great. I'll admit the only reason I want to see her back is because I want a figure... no hs necessary.

Here are latest details,

Andor

Episodes:
Rumoured characters:
Spoiler Spoiler:
The top 3 character cameos/appearances I want to see for this show (again other than those in the rumoured cast)...

1) Hera Syndulla & the Ghost crew
2) Thrawn
3) Chirrut & Baze (mainly for a Baze figure)

All this depends on quite where the show fits into the timeline. I think it's around the time of Rebels season 1-2, right?

It's kind of ridiculous when you think just how many character possibilities there are for this show. Talk about the showrunner/writers having all the best toys available to play with.

Come to think of it they could easily stretch this story out beyond a couple of seasons. No reason why they couldn't do 4 or 5 until we reach Rogue One. It all depends on how well it goes down with the audience I guess.

It definitely feels like this is the least anticipated of the shows, which is a shame. However, when you consider those shows surrounding it include the much-anticipated third season of the hottest show on tv, and three shows focusing on immensely popular fan-favourites (Boba, Ahsoka, and Obi-Wan) then I kind of understand.

2022 is going to be an insane time to be a Star Wars fan. Make the most of it while we can before Rogue Squadron (set in the ST timeline by all accounts), Taika Waititi's Flintsones Star Wars comedy, and Leslye ''I wanted to hire writers who've never seen Star Wars before'' Headland's The Acolyte comes along. 2023 is Revenge of the Kathleen.

Back