Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

Man that's gonna be hard to top

Re: Speculation : Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mandalorian" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi"

It will always be funny to me that whenever there is something people like, it's "Favreau and Filoni are geniuses!" and when it's something they don't like, it's always "Kennedy sucks!"

Welp i guess because the sequel trilogy was so hated by many and the CW/Rebels were so loved probably? lol i duno

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Welp i guess because the sequel trilogy was so hated by many and the CW/Rebels were so loved probably? lol i duno

Actually CW/Rebels and PT were hated in the first years after ROTS, so the ST can still be viewed in the same way in the future, the thing is Filoni and Favreau works UNDER KK.
The real problem is how spoiled is the fanbase.

Actually CW/Rebels and PT were hated in the first years after ROTS, so the ST can still be viewed in the same way in the future, the thing is Filoni and Favreau works UNDER KK.
The real problem is how spoiled is the fanbase.

Lol yeah i know what yer talking about. this fanbase can be really toxic... lotsa purist too specially back when i was being introduced to the fandom.

Lol yeah i know what yer talking about. this fanbase can be really toxic... lotsa purist too specially back when i was being introduced to the fandom.

Its like how hated Hayden was back in the day in the years after ROTS, and now how much the fans loved that he is returning to the Obi Wan series.

WARNING the sequel trilogy has entered the thread, abandon all hope and vacate the ship. Life-jackets optional.

WARNING the sequel trilogy has entered the thread, abandon all hope and vacate the ship. Life-jackets optional.

200.gif

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

No arguments about the fandom's toxic element, but broadly speaking it gets old being labeled an OT 'purist' because I don't like poorly conceived and badly executed films. :lol

No arguments about the fandom's toxic element, but broadly speaking it gets old being labeled an OT 'purist' because I don't like poorly conceived and badly executed films. :lol

No offense intended But you're called of "OT purist" because you refuse to acknowledge that the OT is as "poorly conceived and badly executed" films just like all the rest, they all have great, good and bad parts, but this is the franchise that we all love.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

No offense intended But you're called of "OT purist" because you refuse to acknowledge that the OT is as "poorly conceived and badly executed" films just like all the rest, they all have great, good and bad parts, but this is the franchise that we all love.

You are inaccurate.

Personally, I've never refused to acknowledge the OT's many flaws. Star Wars was first of its kind. ESB was a brilliant 2nd outing that took a few liberties with continuity. ROTJ was the closure we needed but a mediocre film in many respects. None of it was ever fine cinema or highbrow storytelling. Clunky dialogue, broken continuity, and plot holes abound.

People want to elevate what they love and ignore the flaws, it's a common thing.

The PT needed better direction, less CG and more restraint, and was weighed down with demonstrably worse writing and dialogue. It fell off the tightrope that the OT managed to stay on until some very significant stumbles at the end.

The ST was a cynical exercise in corporate opportunism from the ground up, and from a narrative standpoint, it's a ****ing mess, albeit beautifully shot and well-acted for the most part.

At the end of the day all of these films have been blown out of proportion by time, marketing, nerds and old men. I love watching the Mandalorian because of the art direction, the textures and costumes, its connection to a familiar mythos. If it were any other show it'd be mediocre at best.

I love the OT as a relic from a time gone by, and enjoy very narrow elements of the other media as idles, popcorn and spectacle.

I've recently filled my yearly quota of arguing with strangers over the internet about Star Wars :rotfl ... so I'll leave it at that. Enjoy what you enjoy, I'm not interested in trying to change anyone's mind.

Now that all episodes are out of the way what are people's final top 10 most wanted lists for the first 2 seasons?

I'll go with...

1) The Armorer
2) Bo Katan
3) Boba Fett
4) Ahsoka
5) Cobb Vanth
6) Dark Trooper
7) Kuill
8) Fennec Shand
9) Koska Reeves
10) Migs Mayfeld

That is the curse of successful franchises. They survive long enough for the original fans to become toxic old fans who start bashing every new addition to the story. The MCU will get there in a few years too.

That is the curse of successful franchises. They survive long enough for the original fans to become toxic old fans who start bashing every new addition to the story. The MCU will get there in a few years too.

I don't see too many of those guys bashing The Mandalorian, Rogue One, or Solo. So, ''bashing every new addition to the story'' is a bit of a stretch. People don't like the ST because it was terrible story-telling, an obvious lack of planning, and no solid vision with directors/creators seemingly working against each other rather than working as a unit. Time will not make these great, or even good, films. They'll be all but forgotten in 10 years time. Is there even any real evidence that the ST is popular among younger fans? Most of the younger fans will grow up having The Mandalorian as their nostalgic childhood Star Wars memory, not The Last bloody Jedi and whatever episode 9 was called. If you love the sequels then that's great for you, but don't suddenly pretend you're not in the minority among SW fans in doing so.

I don't see too many of those guys bashing The Mandalorian, Rogue One, or Solo. So, ''bashing every new addition to the story'' is a bit of a stretch. People don't like the ST because it was terrible story-telling, an obvious lack of planning, and no solid vision with directors/creators seemingly working against each other rather than working as a unit. Time will not make these great, or even good, films. They'll be all but forgotten in 10 years time. Is there even any real evidence that the ST is popular among younger fans? Most of the younger fans will grow up having The Mandalorian as their nostalgic childhood Star Wars memory, not The Last bloody Jedi and whatever episode 9 was called. If you love the sequels then that's great for you, but don't suddenly pretend you're not in the minority among SW fans in doing so.

You're wrong, the ST will not be forgotten because Star Wars won't be forgotten, i dont like JJ take on star wars but the truth is it will be remembered.
God or bad it will live inside the Star Wars mythos just like everything else inside this galaxy, even if in the future the ST to be considered non canon by dysney.
Star Wars is OT,PT and ST, IT'S ALL THE SAME THING.

For the people who saw Star Wars for the first time in the OT Luke was their Jedi; For me was Qui gon jinn & Obi Wan and for my 10 year old sister it was Rey.

Back