1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's almost guaranteed now that the solo movie version is going to essentially be a recycle of however this figure turns out. Likely the same body, repainted sculpt and just newly tailored outfit and new accessories. They're just going to pump it out (the solo version) asap.

The real improvements will come on the JL version. This one and the JL one will likely be the two to get for me. With the way the BvS figures have been selling, I don't see them cancelling this version.

I think it's almost guaranteed now that the solo movie version is going to essentially be a recycle of however this figure turns out. Likely the same body, repainted sculpt and just newly tailored outfit and new accessories. They're just going to pump it out (the solo version) asap.

The real improvements will come on the JL version. This one and the JL one will likely be the two to get for me. With the way the BvS figures have been selling, I don't see them cancelling this version.

I dunno. If the figure comes out so close to the solo movie one... wouldn't that hurt sales for the solo movie one? Given they'll likely be so similar with only the solo having more accessories. Feel at this point it'd be more profitable to cancel the BvS one and just package it as the solo one with a few tweaks and all the new accessories. The longer it takes for the BvS one to be released the more diminishing returns it and the solo movie one will have.

Just received ANOTHER delay email. Updated to Feb-Mar 2017 now. Might as well cancel and get the solo movie or JL version at this point..

Just delayed again, February-March

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Are you all getting your emails regarding delays from SS?

Just wondering because I have my orders with BBTS and the only delay email I got was for HB...none yet for WW or Drax.

Are you all getting your emails regarding delays from SS?

Just wondering because I have my orders with BBTS and the only delay email I got was for HB...none yet for WW or Drax.

Yup, its an update from Sideshow, which looks very much like the charging soon email, so its always disappointing.
It always looks like we're about to receive it soon only to find out its another delay.

I dunno. If the figure comes out so close to the solo movie one... wouldn't that hurt sales for the solo movie one? Given they'll likely be so similar with only the solo having more accessories. Feel at this point it'd be more profitable to cancel the BvS one and just package it as the solo one with a few tweaks and all the new accessories. The longer it takes for the BvS one to be released the more diminishing returns it and the solo movie one will have.

Eh, I'm not sure, but I get what you're saying. I mean I could be wrong, but my thinking is they would be more apt to cancel a figure from a solo film than they would a group film, being that the figure belongs to an already established line/set. If the solo figure turns out to essentially be the same figure as the BvS one, I'd be more apt to think more people would go for the BvS one because they want to complete their BvS set. It sounds pretty much like the main selling point for the solo figure is the presumed inclusion of the cloak, and the hopefulness that it'll be much improved over the BvS version (which at this point as already stated, I believe it'll essentially be the same recycled figure and the JL one will be the one with the significant improvements, with possibly the inclusion of a cloak [if she wears it]). I believe I recall several people also stating that they prefer and favor the colors of the BvS suit, so if the BvS figure and the solo figure are essentially the same figure, I think people would further be inclined to get the BvS one, in addition to it completing a set. The fact that it's also WW's first on screen appearance may also draw some appeal.

Especially if the delay turns out to be them redesigning the sculpt and it turns out to look utterly fantastic.

Which each new HT SW and marvel figure released this week makes me annoyed that we have to wait another month for this. Have a feeling though, this will pop up extremely earlier than Jan-feb, because of the delay..thinking 2nd week of Jan :pray:

Agreed I get really pissed when I see ANOTHER ****ing Iron Man! It's almost like Marvel/Disney have a special deal with Hot Toys.

They won't cancel this. So many retailers would have to refund deposits or even full price costs back. It would not only hurt HT sales but also hurt their business relationships with their distributors but also the stores that the distributors supply. It would be a first to my knowledge for HT to cancel a figure that was and has been up for PO. Now they have canceled figures shown at at conventions or ones in the physical yearly product logs but that doesn't apply here.

They won't cancel this. So many retailers would have to refund deposits or even full price costs back. It would not only hurt HT sales but also hurt their business relationships with their distributors but also the stores that the distributors supply. It would be a first to my knowledge for HT to cancel a figure that was and has been up for PO. Now they have canceled figures shown at at conventions or ones in the physical yearly product logs but that doesn't apply here.

:goodpost: There's no way HT cancels a figure that's already gone up for preorder unless there is some unavoidable problem with the figure. There are too many other businesses involved at this point for HT to cancel it.

With Justice League on the horizon though, I'm not sure how HT gets away with three releases of basically the same figure within a two year span. My guess is that the solo film hero outfit is released as either a movie promo (like Golden Age Cap) or as part of a bundle with some other figure (maybe the unarmored version of WW... or another Amazon or even Steve Trevor). Or maybe the JL version is the one that's a movie promo. But it will be released, or HT would get a ton of flak for not having a figure of the main character of the first major female superhero movie. Even if the line is two figures deep, something needs to be released for the solo movie.

All that said, I would prefer a version of the figure from the solo movie rather than BvS. The blue cloak would be nice (though I'd probably never use it), but I really just don't want my WW figure to be from BvS. I have too many issues with the movie to support it with any merchandise if I don't have to. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Yep! But I want my Wonder Woman figure to have a Wonder Woman base without any of the tarnish of BvS. :cuckoo: :pfft:

Great point as well.

:goodpost: There's no way HT cancels a figure that's already gone up for preorder unless there is some unavoidable problem with the figure. There are too many other businesses involved at this point for HT to cancel it.

With Justice League on the horizon though, I'm not sure how HT gets away with three releases of basically the same figure within a two year span. My guess is that the solo film hero outfit is released as either a movie promo (like Golden Age Cap) or as part of a bundle with some other figure (maybe the unarmored version of WW... or another Amazon or even Steve Trevor). Or maybe the JL version is the one that's a movie promo. But it will be released, or HT would get a ton of flak for not having a figure of the main character of the first major female superhero movie. Even if the line is two figures deep, something needs to be released for the solo movie.

All that said, I would prefer a version of the figure from the solo movie rather than BvS. The blue cloak would be nice (though I'd probably never use it), but I really just don't want my WW figure to be from BvS. I have too many issues with the movie to support it with any merchandise if I don't have to. Am I making a big deal out of nothing? Yep! But I want my Wonder Woman figure to have a Wonder Woman base without any of the tarnish of BvS. :cuckoo: :pfft:

I just want it to have a better head sculpt.

I'm also sort of OCD about bases so I decided awhile back to buy a bunch of standard black 1/6 crotch-grabber bases with no name plates on them. All my Hot Toys figures use them now. They take up much less space, which is great, and they give my collection a nice uniform look.

I just want it to have a better head sculpt.

I'm also sort of OCD about bases so I decided awhile back to buy a bunch of standard black 1/6 crotch-grabber bases with no name plates on them. All my Hot Toys figures use them now. They take up much less space, which is great, and they give my collection a nice uniform look.

The irony is that I don't even use stands to display my figures (unless it's a dynamic stand). I just don't want to know it's somewhere around the house. :lol

I'm completely with you on the head sculpt. The head sculpt is the other (and bigger) reason why I haven't preordered this yet.

The more I look at the sculpt I'm happy with the likeness, its the total lack of expression that bothers me. Doesn't fit with the fierce WW we got in BVS. You can achieve all kinds of poses and looks with Batman but WW and Superman are limited by the lack of expression. It's obviously much easier with Batman and his interchangeable mouthplates. I wish HT would make DX versions of some figures with one neutral and one expressive sculpt.

That said I'm still looking forward to this figure if they ever release it :lol I'll just have her in a simple standing pose flanked by Bats and Supes. Maybe rely on the JL version for a more articulated pose.

The more I look at the sculpt I'm happy with the likeness, its the total lack of expression that bothers me. Doesn't fit with the fierce WW we got in BVS. You can achieve all kinds of poses and looks with Batman but WW and Superman are limited by the lack of expression. It's obviously much easier with Batman and his interchangeable mouthplates. I wish HT would make DX versions of some figures with one neutral and one expressive sculpt.

That said I'm still looking forward to this figure if they ever release it :lol I'll just have her in a simple standing pose flanked by Bats and Supes. Maybe rely on the JL version for a more articulated pose.

I agree with you about the likeness. I think the likeness is there, but the expression (or lack of) may be making it less there. As I've said before, if what we get with this figure ends up being what was shown at SDCC, I would be happy because I personally thought it (the figure as a whole) looked pretty good. I do concede that the sculpt can stand to use some tweaking. I've always thought the eyes are a bit too round, the eyebrows not quite slanted enough and the expression should be a bit more fierce.

Regarding Supes, I'm actually fine with the BvS expression. I personally think it's a bit more expressive than the MoS sculpt.

And regarding the DX series, I'm going to go ahead at this point and safely say that the DX is dead. Buried. :lol

Back