1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you about the likeness. I think the likeness is there, but the expression (or lack of) may be making it less there. As I've said before, if what we get with this figure ends up being what was shown at SDCC, I would be happy because I personally thought it (the figure as a whole) looked pretty good. I do concede that the sculpt can stand to use some tweaking. I've always thought the eyes are a bit too round, the eyebrows not quite slanted enough and the expression should be a bit more fierce.

Regarding Supes, I'm actually fine with the BvS expression. I personally think it's a bit more expressive than the MoS sculpt.

And regarding the DX series, I'm going to go ahead at this point and safely say that the DX is dead. Buried. :lol

Yep no more DX sadly, I was saying it more in hope than expectation :lol But it is a drawback to all figures without masks. I'm really happy with the expressive Harley Quinn sculpt we're getting but many are complaining how it will limit options for posing. I'd quite like the JL Superman figure to have at least a half smile but no doubt some will resent that to.

Back to this figure and I do feel the likeness to Gadot is there if you look at pictures of her not as WW. Its just more how youd expect to see her on a red carpet or catwalk and fails to capture what she brought as WW in my opinion. Obviously its HT first attempt and nearly all their other sculpts improved with later figures. Whatever my nitpicks I can't wait to have this figure standing with Batman and Superman on my shelf. :)

just received an email from Amazon Japan (where I have preored) and they are saying there's another delay.

Updated Release Date:
2017-01-31 - 2017-02-03

Starting to think we'll get Ghostbusters figures and Harley before this figure ever sees the light of day.

>I agree with you about the likeness. I think the likeness is there, but the expression (or lack of) may be making it less there.

Yeah I'm buying her, but if a decent custom sculpt comes up I'm grabbing it.

this is like drax all over again.

Actually it's not. Drax was previewed but not put up for preorder for more than a year. This was put up for preorder almost immediately after preview. They do have similarities, though in that they have both required completely new bodies to be developed.

Is there any chance that they cancel this and just move on to doing a "Wonder Woman" version? I mean by the time they get this released the Wonder Women film may be out, so timing wise it could make sense.

Is there any chance that they cancel this and just move on to doing a "Wonder Woman" version? I mean by the time they get this released the Wonder Women film may be out, so timing wise it could make sense.

I'd say doubtful. For reasons mentioned on pages 193 and 194.

Back