1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though both sculpts are good, I personally think the BvS sculpt is better than the MoS one if I had to choose. However, it's actually like comparing apples and oranges. Cavill was 3 years older when filming BvS after MoS and his hairstyle in BvS was obviously different. I think both sculpts very accurately capture his look from both films.

MoS was a younger Cavill while the BvS is an older one. Both are Cavill though.

WW doesn't look like Gadot though.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

ecb1bb55a2b0d265a7324ab8cb7eff80.jpg

=)

You cannot see the forest for the trees.
The proportions of the face on the picture you posted are the same as the ones on my MOS sculpt picture.
Not so for the BVS sculpt.
Picture%205_zps6au7zhrz.png

You cannot see the forest for the trees.
The proportions of the face on the picture you posted are the same as the ones on my MOS sculpt picture.
Not so for the BVS sculpt.
Picture%205_zps6au7zhrz.png

What are you basing the proportions on? The Bvs sculpt is more accurate. The mos head has many smoothed out parts so that it looks more pleasing. The nose shape is incorrect, the distance between the lips and nose is wrong on the MOS, the width of his mouth. Pretty much every structural element is adjusted to create a "better" looking version of Cavill. It's aesthetically better looking but not more accurate. They essentially did the equivalent to magazine covers photoshop/airbrush to the sculpt. The bvs one is more accurate.

What are you basing the proportions on? The Bvs sculpt is more accurate. The mos head has many smoothed out parts so that it looks more pleasing. The nose shape is incorrect, the distance between the lips and nose is wrong on the MOS, the width of his mouth. Pretty much every structural element is adjusted to create a "better" looking version of Cavill. It's aesthetically better looking but not more accurate. They essentially did the equivalent to magazine covers photoshop/airbrush to the sculpt. The bvs one is more accurate.

True story. If I had to choose which is more accurate. Definitely the BvS Headsculpt. Not basing this off of the pictures but off of the fact that I own both figures and after receiving the BvS figure, I gladly packed the MOS figure away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Taro.....
Same HS as the proto..
The arm looks articulated now (checking the armpits.. :D )
Still no idea how will 17 points og articulation be... :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Thanks to you too for watchin! Yeah, I really didn't notice that until you mentioned it but the earlier prototypes did have the armpits connected..

Thanks for that video. It furthered my opinion that this looks nothing like Gadot. There was no point in that video, from any angle that it looked like her. A part of me actually feels like they're making it look less like her because if they make this one too good, they won't sell as many of the solo movie figure.

Some of you seem to be thinking this still isn't the final product so I'm gonna hope you guys are right.

No problem! Well, you should definitely look at in in person and like you said it might and will probably change since everyone is saying
it's still the same sculpt from the first prototype.

Maybe I'm easily pleased but think both Cavil sculpts are very good. BVS one looks great in every pic and video I've seen but happy with my MOS sculpt until the Justice League version is released.

Just not seeing the Gadot likeness though. It doesn't capture her exotic looks and from memory of the movie she always had an intense, fierce expression as Wonder Woman. Looks too lifeless, like she's on a catwalk and not about to take on doomsday.

The proportions are a matter of geometry it is something you can measure, you basically got the whole thing in reverse but to each his own.
This is a WW thread after all.

True story. If I had to choose which is more accurate. Definitely the BvS Headsculpt. Not basing this off of the pictures but off of the fact that I own both figures and after receiving the BvS figure, I gladly packed the MOS figure away.

Really? I think the MoS face sculpt is better. Funny how different people see things.

Taro-El what's your opinion on the WW movement, based on what you seen? is it going to be quite posable or not? Thannks for the images.

Oh HT BVS Trinity.. When are you arriving in my hands...

Really? I think the MoS face sculpt is better. Funny how different people see things.

Yeah the BvS sculpt might be a bit closer in every other way... but the large nose still kills the whole thing for me. And I'm frankly amazed more people don't find it distracting as hell. It may not be quite as noticeable in pictures for some reason, but in hand it jumps out at me like crazy. Especially in profile.

Yeah the BvS sculpt might be a bit closer in every other way... but the large nose still kills the whole thing for me. And I'm frankly amazed more people don't find it distracting as hell. It may not be quite as noticeable in pictures for some reason, but in hand it jumps out at me like crazy. Especially in profile.

It's funny you guys mention the big nose. There's a particular scene in the movie where he is about to fly at doomsday but hears Lois trapped under water. The profile shot shows his nose is actually a bit large, he almost resembles Tom Cruise in that split second in my opinion. His nose actually might be that large.

Hot toys really dragging the arse out of this.

i know right!! The thing is, budget stark said that the HK release for this is q4 so most likely October since sideshow had a november-decmeber shipping date. I'm hoping its teased in the next 2 weeks so i know whether to cancel another figure for this. this wonder woman is priority over all others

It's funny you guys mention the big nose. There's a particular scene in the movie where he is about to fly at doomsday but hears Lois trapped under water. The profile shot shows his nose is actually a bit large, he almost resembles Tom Cruise in that split second in my opinion. His nose actually might be that large.

Yeah I agree he's got a pretty distinctive nose, but it's still not quite as big (and doesn't jut out as far) as the one on the sculpt.

CsKv3g5VUAARQMH (720x398).jpg

Oh HT BVS Trinity.. When are you arriving in my hands...

tumblr_mbhsx2bxMQ1ror6v2.gif

This.

I actually think Brandon Routh's Superman resembled Tom Cruise more than Henry Cavill.

And for the record, I wish I had a dollar for every time a likeness here has been accused of resembling Tom Cruise. Seems to be the name that pops up the most for everything. :lol

Back