1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for bumping an old thread (I've been collecting for about 6 years, never opened anything till a few months ago where I opened everything... so I have some pretty dumb questions, sorry)

I was wondering if she would be okay to keep in a pose like this. Mostly I'm worried about her sword hand skin ripping or cracking/creasing over time. It's ~45 degree angle, maybe a bit less. I've just seen some pictures of the material ripping and am trying to avoid that.

ww.JPG

Sorry for bumping an old thread (I've been collecting for about 6 years, never opened anything till a few months ago where I opened everything... so I have some pretty dumb questions, sorry)

I was wondering if she would be okay to keep in a pose like this. Mostly I'm worried about her sword hand skin ripping or cracking/creasing over time. It's ~45 degree angle, maybe a bit less. I've just seen some pictures of the material ripping and am trying to avoid that.

View attachment 457858

Wow! Opening 6 years worth of collecting. Must be like Christmas! I’ve had mine in a variety of poses since its release. So far, there’s no sign of tearing at the elbows. From what I understand, climate conditions /uv can affect the rubber. I have mine in a room with blockout blinds and the temperature is pretty constant. I also change the poses regularly so the arms aren’t always bent. Hope that helps. Enjoy your collection![emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks!

She's in a room that doesn't get sunlight and is in my basement (which is heated and doesn't get too warm/cold), which I think I've read are reasonable conditions.

Opening them is an adventure each time haha. I was thinking of posting some photos on here but my collection isn't very impressive compared to what a lot of people have :) Appreciate the advice though, I think I will leave her as is.

Should I be changing her pose regularly? I always feel like I'm going to do more harm than good that way...

I think that looks like a relatively safe pose. The right sword wielding arm I *might* be a bit wary about, but I think it should be okay. As was mentioned, just be cognizant of the temperature of the room that she’s kept in and try to keep it out of UV light as much as possible.

That’s really all you could do.

Thanks!

She's in a room that doesn't get sunlight and is in my basement (which is heated and doesn't get too warm/cold), which I think I've read are reasonable conditions.

Opening them is an adventure each time haha. I was thinking of posting some photos on here but my collection isn't very impressive compared to what a lot of people have :) Appreciate the advice though, I think I will leave her as is.

Should I be changing her pose regularly? I always feel like I'm going to do more harm than good that way...

There’s usually a 3-4 month period between reposing for me and I don’t go for the extreme ones.
Don’t worry about other collections. This one’s yours! But don’t feel you have to post pics either.[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I pushed her sword hand down a bit. Now she looks a little... derpy, but I feel a lot more comfortable that she'll preserve a bit better. Thanks everyone!

I pushed her sword hand down a bit. Now she looks a little... derpy, but I feel a lot more comfortable that she'll preserve a bit better. Thanks everyone!

Yeah I have my JL WW posed very conservatively like so, but I'd rather have that than worrying about any cracking in the rubber.

IMG_0109.jpg

Mine is posed very similar to the one you've posted Alatar. I notice you don't use the clamp/support to hold her up, any reason? I was a bit paranoid that it might pinsor her a bit and damage her outfit, but the thought of her falling over and smashing her face in outweighed that fear.

Mine is posed very similar to the one you've posted Alatar. I notice you don't use the clamp/support to hold her up, any reason? I was a bit paranoid that it might pinsor her a bit and damage her outfit, but the thought of her falling over and smashing her face in outweighed that fear.

It's a calculated risk, I guess. I don't use the crotchgrabbers. Although JL Superman once he finally gets released will be suspended in flight with the torso grabber stand you see to her right.

She seems pretty stable. The satisfaction from seeing her posed naturally outweighs my fear evidently. ;-D

Ahh, the torso grabber is what came with my Wonder Woman, so when I saw it I assumed it belonged to hers. I figure I'll worry about it digging into her if I use it, and if I don't use it I'll be worried she's going to fall over. Can't win lol

Would love to see a photo of Superman with her once you get it set up though :)

Her sword arm is down here, but this doesn’t look like a derpy pose to me at all:

wonder-woman-gal-gadot-main.jpg

Maybe go for something like that. Pretty much as safe of a pose as you can get as well, while still having presence.

Ahh, the torso grabber is what came with my Wonder Woman, so when I saw it I assumed it belonged to hers. I figure I'll worry about it digging into her if I use it, and if I don't use it I'll be worried she's going to fall over. Can't win lol

Would love to see a photo of Superman with her once you get it set up though :)

Thanks, yeah, definitely will post it. His spot is waiting! And I have a custom wired cape from Unreal Customs on preorder for him so that he can hover majestically in the between Wonder Woman and Batman. Here's hoping that he actually ships around July 5th, as Sideshow has been saying for lo these many months now.

IMG_2850.jpg

Thanks, yeah, definitely will post it. His spot is waiting! And I have a custom wired cape from Unreal Customs on preorder for him so that he can hover majestically in the between Wonder Woman and Batman. Here's hoping that he actually ships around July 5th, as Sideshow has been saying for lo these many months now.

Does Lucky at Unreal Customs have a cape for JL version already ? Or will the BvS version work ? I was also interested in getting a wired Supes cape too.

Interestingly I have exactly the same trinity setup planned as you. BvS Bats with custom cape. JL Wonderwoman and JL Supes hovering front and centre.

Awesome choice man ! :lol

Does Lucky at Unreal Customs have a cape for JL version already ? Or will the BvS version work ? I was also interested in getting a wired Supes cape too.

Interestingly I have exactly the same trinity setup planned as you. BvS Bats with custom cape. JL Wonderwoman and JL Supes hovering front and centre.

Awesome choice man ! :lol

Lucky says he has to wait until he gets the JL Supes figure in hand to precisely color match the cape for the wired custom version.

Honestly, I was very tempted to just get the BvS version because the red cape may not change that much between the BvS and JL figures. It's mainly the blue in the suit that will change it looks like. And it takes 4-6 weeks for him to make one. (Or that how much time he asks for to get it out, anyway.)

But I decided it's worth the wait to make sure the color match is best possible. I hope I'm at or near the top of the que since I prepaid for it back like 5 months ago.

And yes! :D we chose these figures well, I think. Imho overall each version will be the cream of the crop for the DC trinity. They're such a great set to bring together for a trinity display!

Ok, ok, we need to wait and see the JL Superman. But if the pics are doing it any justice, damn...

HT 3.jpg

OK cool. Yes a bit of a wait for the cape is not too much of an issue. Especially as I plan to have him hovering on his stand where the cape can simply hang like in your pic.

Getting the wired cape a bit later almost makes it like getting another figure as it takes it to a totally different level. (at least it did for Batman)

Is that the custom Wonder Woman cape from Lucky as well ?

Is that the custom Wonder Woman cape from Lucky as well ?

Yes! It's a concept piece based on this promotional still, best I can tell. I think Lucky lined it with a gold color fabric because the figure's skin has stained from the stock cloak she comes with.

ww blue cloak.jpg

does this and the Justice League version have both the same skin tone?

I have read there is a significant difference. I have a head sculpt for BvS WW that I bought on eBay and not only is the skin tone different from JL WW, the neck of JL WW is longer with a different ball joint. Unfortunately the head sculpts aren't interchangeable, or at least that has been my experience.

I have read there is a significant difference. I have a head sculpt for BvS WW that I bought on eBay and not only is the skin tone different from JL WW, the neck of JL WW is longer with a different ball joint. Unfortunately the head sculpts aren't interchangeable, or at least that has been my experience.
thanks for the answer
yeah I have a BVS bootleg head and it is different
was wondering if the real one was different too

Back