1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A Snyder cut has been confirmed now?

There are too many insiders involved in production saying it exists to discount. Ray Fisher said Snyder shot enough for two films. This sounds similar to BvS in having a four hour assembly cut. I would say that it exists without a doubt, and would wager that Snyder has continued to edit over the last couple of years. He may well have funded completion of VFX on his own.

I would not say release has been confirmed. Recently Snyder's son Eli responded on social media to a fan asking if his father's vision will ever get to be seen by the fans (presumably for JL) and he responded "Total optimism, good things are coming" to which Zack responded with a like. And the other day Ray Fisher had fun reciting "The bell cannot be unrung" line on a rock climbing wall, sporting the tee shirt Snyder designed for charity (suicide prevention) that evidently maps out with cryptic symbols his vision for the 5 film arc he wanted to make. And then that video of Ezra Miller in Tokyo surfaced from last November in which he describes the Worlds of DC taking a multiverse approach connecting standalone universes via speedsters. Jason Mamoa has been an outspoken advocate for release of the Snyder cut, and his love and gratitude for Zack personally, and he posted his jubilation at a meeting with Walter Hamada, although that coud be for so many things obviously.

Anyway, folks that long to see the Snyder cut are optimistic right now. Hoping for an announcement at SDCC in July, possible release in November.

I think a “cost-effective” release for the supposed Snyder Cut would be to digitally release in whatever state it’s in (albeit unfinished VFX) it on their stream service DC Universe. It would create promotion/curiosity towards their relatively new streaming service, no need to press actual discs and there is a community on the app where viewers can give feedback. If there is enough good feedback then that could directly tell DC/WB whether it would be worthwhile to polish it up and release it physically.

There are too many insiders involved in production saying it exists to discount. Ray Fisher said Snyder shot enough for two films. This sounds similar to BvS in having a four hour assembly cut. I would say that it exists without a doubt, and would wager that Snyder has continued to edit over the last couple of years. He may well have funded completion of VFX on his own.

I would not say release has been confirmed. Recently Snyder's son Eli responded on social media to a fan asking if his father's vision will ever get to be seen by the fans (presumably for JL) and he responded "Total optimism, good things are coming" to which Zack responded with a like. And the other day Ray Fisher had fun reciting "The bell cannot be unrung" line on a rock climbing wall, sporting the tee shirt Snyder designed for charity (suicide prevention) that evidently maps out with cryptic symbols his vision for the 5 film arc he wanted to make. And then that video of Ezra Miller in Tokyo surfaced from last November in which he describes the Worlds of DC taking a multiverse approach connecting standalone universes via speedsters. Jason Mamoa has been an outspoken advocate for release of the Snyder cut, and his love and gratitude for Zack personally, and he posted his jubilation at a meeting with Walter Hamada, although that coud be for so many things obviously.

Anyway, folks that long to see the Snyder cut are optimistic right now. Hoping for an announcement at SDCC in July, possible release in November.

Damn I would love that !!! MoS and BvS Extended Edition are my favourite. Everything came crashing down with JL. Considering all that has happened WB owe it to everyone to play ball with this. They'd probably even make a decent amount of money on it. But of course it won't happen cause it would make the execs at WB look bad.

One thing I do wish WB would stop doing is putting out a theatrical version of a film, then when it gets controversial reviews, later on essentially say “okay okay, here’s the ‘real’ movie.” They did it with BvS (although BvSUE was shown in select theaters), Suicide Squad, and now possibly JL.

One thing I do wish WB would stop doing is putting out a theatrical version of a film, then when it gets controversial reviews, later on essentially say “okay okay, here’s the ‘real’ movie.” They did it with BvS (although BvSUE was shown in select theaters), Suicide Squad, and now possibly JL.

I wouldn't consider the non-theatrical Suicide Squad or BVS as remarkably different. None of the "extra unseen scenes" really added anything noticeable to either film in my opinion.

I never saw the extended cut of SS, but I thought many of the unseen, intended scenes in BvSUE made a difference. No change in tone or character portrayal, but I thought it did a better job at illustrating how Luthor was pulling the strings on everything, and a better job at showing both Clark and Bruce delving more into each other’s lives and history. For instance, such as the scene showing the African woman admitting to Senator Finch that Luthor had bribed her into lying to her about Superman’s actions in the African desert, as well as the added scenes in the African desert showing how Superman was set-up by Luthor’s henchmen. Those are just a couple off of the top of my head.

I also thought it did a better job at illustrating how Batman had changed for the worse and just what kind of emotionally dark place he was in.

Man don't tease us like this. :pray:

Yea bvsue is really the only way to watch the film. You see Clark being a journalist and investigate the Batman. Gives you more clarification of the motive behind Clark’s beef with The Batman.

Suicide Squad though, that “extended “ home release was a joke. It was just two scenes and one of those two scenes was still edited. Too bad we didn’t get the original idea for that movie as steppenwolf was to be the baddie for that movie. But, suicide squad just sucked for me. I really like the first half hour then it just bombs hard after that.

I’m really hoping we get the snyder cut if the little birds that are whispering are telling truths instead of lies.

Yeah, the first half hour or so of SS is decent with the SS being assembled and the two (I think it was two) Batman scenes. After that, it’s pretty much unwatchable for me.

Imo SS could have been a great film... or a satisfyingly very clever film... if only they had added one scene:

A la The Sixth Sense a 'reveal' explanation by Amanda Waller at the end that what she was actually doing was bringing these antisocial oddball villains together in order to bond... as unlikely as that seemed beforehand... so that Diablo would, as he did in the film, go into full god mode to protect his newfound fam. So that was the actual mission. And it succeeeded although there were some unexpected events along the way such as the Joker's interventions, Waller's helicopter being shot down, and Waller getting captured and mind probed. In the comics Waller is a peak human with her psychological skills, so I think it fair to say that she may have partitioned her mind in some way, and misdirected, etc., to prevent Enchantress from gaining too much true information about the mission.

This would have explained why Waller assembled such a relatively weak team to go up against two gods. Again, the mission was to get them to bond into a kind of family, in order to evoke Diabo's paternalistic protective instincts. Because Diablo was Waller's only real weapon with which to take the ancient interdimensional sibling god duo down. As we see in the post credits epilogue Batman was already interested in coopting the other known metahumans for his mission in JL.

I mean seriously, one such scene and imo Suicide Squad would have been even a great film. Because we were fooled all along as to what was actually going down like in The Sixth Sense. Etc.

I can even watch the film and pretend that this is the case, and tell myself that Waller just keeps mum about the whole thing... which she actually probably would do, versus explaining that she manipulated them... Like if it was 'real' she probably would not tell them...

But from the standpoint of storytelling craft the movie needed that scene!

Best thing about suicide squad is Margot Robbies tight little ass... no ass= no redeemable qualities about the movie. I did buy some of the figures though, Harley of course, deadshot cause I thought the figure looked cool, and suit letoker (not sure why ...I guess cause I liked the suit, gold gun and didn’t have a joker in the collection even though he not really a joker more like an emo gangsta lol). But they do look good on da shelve together better than the crap movie they spawned from

I still haven't seen SS a second time. The writing and directing were so utterly awful and cringeworthy that there was just nothing about it I want to revisit. The theatrical BVS was bad too, but at least you could see glimpses of a good movie in there, and the great WW scenes were worth watching again if nothing else.

Can’t get enough of these three. One of my favorite displays in my collection.

4DD2F1D7-191F-46FB-A3CE-11B3D2A01B80.jpeg
72C54CDE-4DD3-4566-BCB3-ACD6ADAEFBFE.jpg

A little thing to do for photos that upload sideways but should be upright when taking them with a phone. On the phone picture app, crop just a tiny little bit, save it and it should upload upright onto the thread.

I also bought the JL leather sword strap, golden lasso, black cloak and magnetic gauntlets.
Liked to put the cloak on but it stains they say.

Uncropped
20190502_135323.jpg

Cropped
20190502_135715.jpg

Back