1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice-Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if the Gactoy Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman head sculpt is a good match with the skin tone of JL WW? I'm really tempted to get one for the latter.

Warrior Princess Diana of Themyscira
(Changed to different side strap for accuracy and added a spear....

IMG_3021_1.jpg

Reminds me of how you could photograph your face and have it mapped onto your Rainbow Six Vegas character :lol

Woah blast from the past! I loved rainbow 6 Vegas-your right tho [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Hot Toys Wonder Woman BVS and the Top skin coating has rubbed/peeled off in areas, mainly the upper chest and right leg.

Is there a suitable body to replace it with ?

I've searched eBay for Hot toys body's but they ask approx. $340aud which is the cost of the figure new at the time of release, I think.

The other option I thought of was getting it painted? Do you need special paints for these kind of bodies? Does anybody know of reasonably priced painters?

I've also sent an email to Hot Toys.

wwleg1.jpg
20221109_081105.jpg

I have a Hot Toys Wonder Woman BVS and the Top skin coating has rubbed/peeled off in areas, mainly the upper chest and right leg.

Is there a suitable body to replace it with ?

I've searched eBay for Hot toys body's but they ask approx. $340aud which is the cost of the figure new at the time of release, I think.

The other option I thought of was getting it painted? Do you need special paints for these kind of bodies? Does anybody know of reasonably priced painters?

I've also sent an email to Hot Toys.
I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would just wait when the next WW84 figure gets released so you can get a brand new body when it gets parted out from eBay sellers. All those bodies on there are just as old as yours and have been exposed to air, etc so there's no telling if/when you get it, how long they will last. It will more than likely not be as expensive as what you're seeing now once the new figure get's released. Right now those bodies are so expensive b/c of scarcity.

And looking for "reasonably priced" painters will get you a reasonably ok result. To get a good paint job that will hopefully stick and not peel like this, you'd need a skilled painted who actually knows how to paint these rubber type bodies and won't just apply some some acrylic that looks nice until you try to pose it and it starts cracking and peeling all over again. Not to mention, a skilled painter for this type of application will probably cost you the same as the figure if not more. Jacob Rahmier I believe knows how to paint rubber type bodies but I'm not sure how much he charges these days.

All that said, the other option would be to replace with a Phicen/TBLeague body. That's probably the most cost effective way as they will run you around $60-$70USD. The skintone might not match exactly but they also won't peel like the HT body. Just be careful when taking off the HT armor so you can replace it on the new body.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Gactoy Gal Gadot/Wonder Woman head sculpt is a good match with the skin tone of JL WW? I'm really tempted to get one for the latter.
here's the suntan version in all it's Anna Paquin-looking, slightly too small but still okay glory ---
*edit: this is the JL WW

Attachments

• ! IMG_2427 c.jpg
    ! IMG_2427 c.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 0
  • ! image3 V.jpg
    ! image3 V.jpg
    436.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about your issue. I would just wait when the next WW84 figure gets released so you can get a brand new body when it gets parted out from eBay sellers. All those bodies on there are just as old as yours and have been exposed to air, etc so there's no telling if/when you get it, how long they will last. It will more than likely not be as expensive as what you're seeing now once the new figure get's released. Right now those bodies are so expensive b/c of scarcity.

[...]

Sometimes the prices for individual parts can go for so high, I'd say just buy the whole figure :lol

All that said, the other option would be to replace with a Phicen/TBLeague body. That's probably the most cost effective way as they will run you around $60-$70USD. The skintone might not match exactly but they also won't peel like the HT body. Just be careful when taking off the HT armor so you can replace it on the new body.

I recall watching a video series of someone that chronicled their process of swapping to a P/TBL body, and come to think of it I think some other folks did do the switch as well.

edit - found the video

And looking for "reasonably priced" painters will get you a reasonably ok result. To get a good paint job that will hopefully stick and not peel like this, you'd need a skilled painted who actually knows how to paint these rubber type bodies and won't just apply some some acrylic that looks nice until you try to pose it and it starts cracking and peeling all over again. Not to mention, a skilled painter for this type of application will probably cost you the same as the figure if not more. Jacob Rahmier I believe knows how to paint rubber type bodies but I'm not sure how much he charges these days.

Sounds like a good plan.

Sometimes the prices for individual parts can go for so high, I'd say just buy the whole figure :lol

I recall watching a video series of someone that chronicled their process of swapping to a P/TBL body, and come to think of it I think some other folks did do the switch as well.

edit - found the video

haha yea I paid stupid money for some Vader ANH/Rogue One hands and chestbox.

and oooo great find on the video :hi5:

edit - found the video

IMO, needs a taller/larger TBleague Phicen body to match the size of the Hot Toys body and a skin colour that matches the headsculpt.

haha yea I paid stupid money for some Vader ANH/Rogue One hands and chestbox.

Too true :lol There are some pieces you just "have to have" and end up coughing up the amount for it.

and oooo great find on the video :hi5:

Yep! Plus the person on the channel has some more videos giving great customizing tips!

IMO, needs a taller/larger TBleague Phicen body to match the size of the Hot Toys body and a skin colour that matches the headsculpt.

Yeah for sure, a body of identical stature would be best but I think the body swap in the above video works well enough. Yeah as you mention TBL's skin tones don't really match skin tones with some HT figures (and some even paint them with pastels to match the HT).

Back