Hot Toys- Batman TDK Busts, Bats + Joker full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a quick pic I took:

HTDK00001.jpg

SWEET!!! Can't wait to get mine!!!

Got these both on Monday, but haven't been around to photograph them, will do so tomorrow. However, can give my impressions.

Heath's face shines through much more on the bust than the first 1/6 figure, though it's still not blatant without a repaint and some sculpt tweaks, it is better and clearer. Paint job is pretty solid on it, the hair makes a fade from brown to green like it should, though, like the 1/6 figure, there's an attached piece to get the hanging bangs look, and where that hair runs into the head, there's no fade from the skin into the hair, which would be fine, but there is a fade on the sculpted hair, so it standouts pretty boldly. Batman is just badass, another great Bat piece from HT. Both of them are really cool to have, glad I got them.

MaulFan, does the Joker bust you received also have the "lazy eye" issue, or no?

No, I'll take pictures tonight, I got tied up with other things last night. I'm not sure if any have a lazy eye, I've never seen that happen with a Hot Toys piece in like a dozen plus pieces from them. However, because of the furrowed (if that's the right word and spelling) eyebrow, I imagine some photos will create a lazy eye looke because one eye is more lit than the other and the shadows play with where the iris seems to be in relation to the eye white.

He doesn't have a lazy eye. It may look like it because I think the main pose HT is going for is with his head cocked to the side and angled down. So when you pose his head like that, his eyes are looking straight. If you pose it in another angle, it might look a bit off.

Last edited:
Here is a quick pic I took:

HTDK00001.jpg

I'm glad to hear it's actually a non-issue. This picture had me concerned that the bust I had been waiting to receive for so long would end up looking poorly. I don't want perhaps the most iconic villain of all-time for me personally to end up looking like the slow kid in the back of the class. :duh

21.jpg

Neither of these, to me, is as good in paint or sculpt as the 1/6 figures, Batman more so. The head is a bit too slender from a frontal view on the Batman bust, and Joker's hair, while more true in the color scheme, isn't painted with the quality and care the 1/6 head is. However, these are also half the price of the figures so it's ok if they don't live up to them, I thought the Rambo 3 bust wasn't as nice as the figure either. They're still really cool collectibles and if you're a TDK fan and can afford these, I'd recommend them, I hope we see a Two Face bust one day.

Awesome pics!!! Especially the Joker!!! My busts were supposed to be here tuesday but for some reason they are stuck or lost somewhere. I called UPS and they said i need to call TOYS2 and have them do a Tracer investigation. THIS SUCKS!!! anyone ever have this problem?

AWESOME pics! I have to say, I much prefer the likeness of the Joker in the bust to the v. 1 figure. It just seems to capture that mocking insidiousness inherent to the character that the figure doesn't (even more glad now that Les is going to do a repaint on the figure for me :) ). However, I think with a repaint, the bust could be damn near perfect. Some smudging of the colors, a richer blackness around the eyes, and voila. More anxious than ever to receive this from BBTS!

Oh, and LOVE the new sig MaulFan!

I have both the bust and 1/6th Batman and i think the bust looks more like Bale in Begins..atleast in the mouth area..the lips are more acurate i think.

Thanks Amir, really, I feel like I'm getting more for my money with these 1/4 Hot Toys busts than I do for Gentle Giant's 1/6 busts. It's a really product line and they just keep improving them. Joker and Bats step things up from Rambo by extending their costumes to hide the bases a bit, and now the Predator and ALIEN busts coming up actually incorporate the bases into the character theme. I can only imagine how awesome a 1/4 Two-Face bust would be, especially since with all sculpted, they could really do a nice job on his burnt suit.

I have both the bust and 1/6th Batman and i think the bust looks more like Bale in Begins..atleast in the mouth area..the lips are more acurate i think.

Mouth on the Batman bust is top notch, but like I said before, from a front and 3/4 front view, the head's just a hair too slender. Overall, I feel like I'm staring at Batman off the screen with the 1/6 figure more than the bust.

Very cool pics, MaulFan.
I agree with you that the fig actually looks more accurate than the bust. Especially the eyes look better, I think it's the "eyebrow" part of the mask that's a bit too raised on the bust.

BTW, I don't know if it's the slight angle or not, but the left ear of Batman's mask seems kinda warped in your pic? It's bent a bit too inward IMO.

Back