1/6 Hot Toys Batman Forever Batman (sonar suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
_20221224_190323.JPG
Really hope someone can fix the shoulders !

I'm excited to get this figure but its release came after they bumped my final payment to January, so I'll be waiting a bit. I do hope they move forward and cover both Schumacher films. I know opinions vary on the films, but its undeniable how esthetically pleasing both films are. Would really love a Nightwing Robin and Mr. Freeze. They could do Clooney easy too, because Schumacher reused the Sonar suit from Forever and just chromed certain parts. Hot Toys can just make a Clooney mouth piece and change up the paint apps and there you go.

In honesty the bunching doesn’t matter to me so much, I’m trying to work in the budget to get at least Batman but I’d most likely ever only replicate the promotional photos as every image I have seen it in that pose looks amazing.

I have The Batman coming and while I’m still expecting pose issues like most of these tight suits it’s at least going to be more forgiving that these 90s designed ones.

I'm excited to get this figure but its release came after they bumped my final payment to January, so I'll be waiting a bit. I do hope they move forward and cover both Schumacher films. I know opinions vary on the films, but its undeniable how esthetically pleasing both films are. Would really love a Nightwing Robin and Mr. Freeze. They could do Clooney easy too, because Schumacher reused the Sonar suit from Forever and just chromed certain parts. Hot Toys can just make a Clooney mouth piece and change up the paint apps and there you go.
I hope they consider Batman and Robin too. Though it’s not likely as it gets the most hate out the two I hope if they were considering it they go with the main suits from the film rather than the ice suits.

If you put the Sonar and Ice suit next to each other they are similar but they also have some big differences in the details it wasn’t like they got out a can of silver paint - plus the Sonar suit looks cool, the ice suits have bizarre details like the belts that go into the cod pieces (more so for Robin)

76ECED47-54E1-458A-B652-C5F84B6730F3.png

Batgirls suit there is better than the others but that is because they actually did take out a silver rattle can 😂

I know the nipples aren’t for everybody but if we only get this version of Kilmer (I love the Sonar suit but the Panther was in ways more iconic) then if they did B&R I’m hoping for the earlier suits with the Panther styled main suit for Batman, the Noghtwing esq Robin suit (which is better than the Forever one personally) and the none silver Batgirl suit.

Better suits, Robin has his own accessories and the only thing the silver suits had going for them was Batgirl initially had a cowl when she rode the bat cycle.

How? Even the real suit bunches up when he moves. You keep complaining about the shoulders, but I don’t see how HT could’ve done better, when even lifesize foam latex suits have the same issues on screen.
Easy. The problem with what they did is they put a seamless suit over a body underneath. What they should have done was have suit torso be it's own rubber body piece and have the arms be on separate ball joints. Yes with this design the arms where they meet the shoulder would not be seamless, but it would solve the bunching problem since the arms would not be connected to suit at the shoulder anymore. Basically the same way they do iron man figures. HT always does this with body suit figures, they choose seamless looks over functionality. They would rather the suit be seamless over being able to move the arms and legs properly.

How? Even the real suit bunches up when he moves. You keep complaining about the shoulders, but I don’t see how HT could’ve done better, when even lifesize foam latex suits have the same issues on screen.
Real life suit shoulders and the prototype's photos do not bunches up like the final figure !

Real life suit shoulders and the prototype's photos do not bunches up like the final figure !
The proto did bunch up at the shoulder. They just did their best to try to hide it in most of the photos but you can see it in these two. The second one is a bit harder to see as they angled it to where the thumb of the hand almost lines up with the bunching up of the shoulder

1671930447727.png

1671930498070.png

I disagree. It’s pretty much the same bunching you see on most batsuits on film. But if you want to use exclamation points and be angry and what not, that’s your prerogative.

75B1A05F-A5AE-4308-B007-BCAE724FD2E9.jpeg

AF5FCD35-3242-4103-A01E-102B1F2730FF.jpeg

Last edited:
Ordered finally I was torn between this and Johnny Silverhand from Cyberpunk. (I'll probably buy him still) but I definitely choose this as It just looks awesome and seeing Robin paired I definitely want both to represent a period of my childhood.

I disagree. It’s pretty much the same bunching you see on most batsuits on film. But if you want to use exclamation points and be angry and what not, that’s your prerogative.

View attachment 614650

View attachment 614651

To be fair though, the bunching on those live action suits is way, way less than this figure. The suits at least raise their arms pretty high with minimal bunching. This figure cannot say the same. Just playing devils advocate here.

^ Maybe use a different kind of rubber, or something that gives the look of rubber, but is more flexible and won't bunch up? Just a little more experimenting from HT end is all i ask. They have made a lot of these rubber suit batman's now and they still haven't really tried anything new as far as making them more articulated.

Got my Batman and Robin from my wife for Christmas. Pretty happy with them, and love how Robin stands out in my detolfs thanks to the red costume. I only collect Batman characters, so he and Burt Ward are much needed dabs of color.

I do wish there were some faceplates to switch Kilmer's expression, and some accessories for Robin, but otherwise they're pretty perfect. The capes especially fall nicely.

I want every version of Batman from film, so I'd definitely be down for a Clooney and Robin from B&R. I'd buy Batgirl and the villains, too, but that seems less likely when it comes to Hot Toys.

A bit off topic, guys I just started collecting :) the thing is I live in a hot and humid country so can anyone pls tell me how to control your room humidity levels? Any tips or recommendations on any appliances? Many thanks in advance

Back