1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here have the OT Customs Begins head, and is it swapable with the eyes from the HT figure? I was thinking about ordering an unpainted cowl.
Don't have mine yet but ordered the unpainted cowl in February. The HT eyes definitely fit. I bought a cheap DX12 cowl on eBay to take the moveable eyes from. Already have someone lined up to install the eyes, paint the cowl and mouth plates for me. Just waiting on the cowl to arrive.

Does anyone have a solution for fitting the MMS595 heads on to the ToyFair Exclusive body? It is extremely tight and will not attach, where the Toyfair heads can fit on the MMS595 just fine.

I don’t know why you guys keep buying this crap and doing this to yourself. Is this Batman really worth the anguish? Do you really like going through the steps of ordering, waiting to receive to only settle with a subpar product that ends up being used for your parts bin?

I see the same thing in the Robocop threads. Members comes in to said forum, post something along the lines of “OMG, low quantity remaining” or “30% off sale!!! GO GO GO”, and people flock to it. Then a year or two from now, people will be crying that their joint sockets have crumbled.

There’s a reason this thing hasn’t sold out even after repeated discounts. It’s a trash release. They put zero work into it. Even if it didn’t have the greasy, glossy suit, it still has that awful 15 year old head, hands and suit. But oh yeah, let’s buy them, take sticky tape to them and plop down an additional $400 for a headsculpt because “oh wow, Sideshow took off 60 bucks”. Where is the logic in all this?

Collectors never learn. If people stopped giving Sideshow and Hot Toys their money, they’d be forced to make better collectibles . . . or go away and fade into existence, while better toy companies step up to the plate.
There's a lot of new collectors coming in ...
They wouldn't know any better..

And there's also a lot of collectors that are not as picky as others, and for under $200 this figure is still worth owning.

Some of you will find 1 or 2 small nit picks with a figure and call it trash.
I'm not sure what triggered you but I'm sure there's a lot of different reasons.

Enjoy your purchase!

Don't have mine yet but ordered the unpainted cowl in February. The HT eyes definitely fit. I bought a cheap DX12 cowl on eBay to take the moveable eyes from. Already have someone lined up to install the eyes, paint the cowl and mouth plates for me. Just waiting on the cowl to arrive.
It depends if you have the eye plate for 5mm dx12/19/armory or using the 4mm for OT eyes. I ordered with both plates, but unsure if later versions were packaged with both or just the OT size.

I don’t know why you guys keep buying this crap and doing this to yourself. Is this Batman really worth the anguish? Do you really like going through the steps of ordering, waiting to receive to only settle with a subpar product that ends up being used for your parts bin?

I see the same thing in the Robocop threads. Members comes in to said forum, post something along the lines of “OMG, low quantity remaining” or “30% off sale!!! GO GO GO”, and people flock to it. Then a year or two from now, people will be crying that their joint sockets have crumbled.

There’s a reason this thing hasn’t sold out even after repeated discounts. It’s a trash release. They put zero work into it. Even if it didn’t have the greasy, glossy suit, it still has that awful 15 year old head, hands and suit. But oh yeah, let’s buy them, take sticky tape to them and plop down an additional $400 for a headsculpt because “oh wow, Sideshow took off 60 bucks”. Where is the logic in all this?

Collectors never learn. If people stopped giving Sideshow and Hot Toys their money, they’d be forced to make better collectibles . . . or go away and fade into existence, while better toy companies step up to the plate.
I only paid $20 bucks for mine:lol Combined with Jaxon's $85 sculpt and a custom cape I already have - I think it's going to turn out pretty nice for $105. The suit isn't "trash" if you get the matte version - it's the best (and only) 1/6 Begins suit in the known universe as of this posting. Sure it's made of cheap rubber and is a statue but so was the TF and somehow that suit is still holding up for me 11 years later without any protectant. Should it have been better out of the box - you betcha.

FWIW I also roasted this figure pretty good at $255 plus tax and shipping bringing it close to $300 for the early adopters - but we are now talking about a $180 and under shipped figure with (hopefully) a pretty nice $85 sculpt on the way. The goalposts have been moved a little.

Does anyone have a solution for fitting the MMS595 heads on to the ToyFair Exclusive body? It is extremely tight and will not attach, where the Toyfair heads can fit on the MMS595 just fine.

I'm guessing the hole is smaller on the new head. Did you try blasting it with a hairdryer or dip it in some boiling water for 10-15 seconds if that doesn't work.

It depends if you have the eye plate for 5mm dx12/19/armory or using the 4mm for OT eyes. I ordered with both plates, but unsure if later versions were packaged with both or just the OT size.
I ordered the one that could take the DX12 or 19 eyes.

So, I guess the Begins cowl uses the 4mm eye plate? :unsure: Do give some feedback when you receive your cowls in hand! I was close to ordering this, but was unsure of the eye/plate configurations.

I still have the old Toys Fair Begins figure from 2011 and never bought any of the newer variants (but chainging the cowl on the Toys Fair figure has been on my "to-do" list for years). I'm pretty glad I didn't pick up the new figure on sale during Spooktacular after seeing the review videos on YouTube.

I received my Batman today and luckily O got the matted version. I got the Jaxon cape in hand, just waiting on his cowl to replace the hideous HT head. As much as it annoys me to have to buy all these extra parts to make the figure better, I love the Batman Begins suit and I like it way more than the DK suit.

So, I guess the Begins cowl uses the 4mm eye plate? :unsure: Do give some feedback when you receive your cowls in hand! I was close to ordering this, but was unsure of the eye/plate configurations.
OT offered two plates: one to fit the Dx19 eyes and another to fit his eyes. Both plates look the same from the front (eyelid shape, etc). The only differences are the holes in the back. I ordered both plates with mine to try out and decide.

I posted these before, lefts the 1st batch.
Difference is night & day.
Could be sideshow are running low & selling off returns now, I returned one of mine. It was covered in greasy spots like yours that did wipe off but I wasn’t convinced they wouldn’t come back so they sent me a replacement body.
I would be returning that…
I am exchanging the figure and will let everyone know what I receive in return. Thanks for your advice.

Well wasn't planning on it but with discount and rewards it was $130 all in .
Hope to get a cape and better head sculpt .
Will take the unmasked head and make a Bruce Wayne figure .

Back