1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda want to buy the Begins figure but man that cowl is horrible. Did everyone get a custom cowl? If not, how are you liking the stock cowl?
The only reason to buy this figure is to slap a custom cowl + cape on it. It's trash otherwise. You're essentially buying a $250 body/suit from Hot Toys.

422319-Botman.png

The only reason to buy this figure is to slap a custom cowl + cape on it. It's trash otherwise. You're essentially buying a $250 body/suit from Hot Toys.

422319-Botman.png
Yeah I know. Gotta buy a custom cowl and cape, end up spending $500 to get a good Batman Begins figure. I guess I should wait and hopefully HT will do a better 3.0 or maybe Inart down the line?

422319-Botman.png
This head is not even worth it to keep inside the box. Burn it!

This head is not even worth it to keep inside the box. Burn it!
Got bored waiting for my oaty headsculpt & decided to quickly mod the clips to the original headsculpt as I don’t think it’s even worth trying to sell on eBay 😂
But pleasantly surprised for very little effort it’s an improvement, might be polishing a turd with the headsculpt somewhat but looks a lot better…from a distance…If you squint 😉 But it’s still an improvement

Attachments

• IMG_1354.jpeg
    IMG_1354.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1358.jpeg
    IMG_1358.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Got bored waiting for my oaty headsculpt & decided to quickly mod the clips to the original headsculpt as I don’t think it’s even worth trying to sell on eBay 😂
But pleasantly surprised for very little effort it’s an improvement, might be polishing a turd with the headsculpt somewhat but looks a lot better…from a distance…If you squint 😉 But it’s still an improvement
How long have you been waiting for the OATY headsculpt?

I went with the unpainted version. Been waiting since February. Don't like to pester the guy but 7 months and counting when it says on the site "typically ships in 3-4 weeks" feels excessive.

How long have you been waiting for the OATY headsculpt?

I went with the unpainted version. Been waiting since February. Don't like to pester the guy but 7 months and counting when it says on the site "typically ships in 3-4 weeks" feels excessive.
As soon as he opened up pre orders for the 4th quarter run, think it was April/may.
Iv ordered 5 or 6 things from him now & he’s always delivered. My 1st order tho I reached out via the help page for info on a cape that hadn’t been sent & I got a reply within a couple of days & it was sent immediately. So definitely worth sending an email with your order number so it can be checked

Another thing that can help is move the sculpt down and forward as much as you can where the traps match the cowl.

0E0EF7D7-3428-4F98-9DA9-BBF0941E27B4.jpeg

As soon as he opened up pre orders for the 4th quarter run, think it was April/may.
Iv ordered 5 or 6 things from him now & he’s always delivered. My 1st order tho I reached out via the help page for info on a cape that hadn’t been sent & I got a reply within a couple of days & it was sent immediately. So definitely worth sending an email with your order number so it can be checked
Just done that thanks

Another thing that can help is move the sculpt down and forward as much as you can where the traps match the cowl.
469935-0E0EF7D7-3428-4F98-9DA9-BBF0941E27B4.jpeg

View attachment 661400
Is that the actual cowl sculpt out the box, is it flexible?
Looks good, seems better than some of the "cu$$$tom" no neck Uncle Fester sculpts people have been, posting :lol

Anyone recreate somewhat natural pose...
b67df2271be1aa7bd4ec3debd859cf34.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good, seems better than some of the "cu$$$tom" no neck Uncle Fester sculpts people have been, posting :lol

I'm not sure which custom sculpt you mean but there isnt a sculpt on the market worse than this one

Yea that is the stock sculpt. Just push the cowl forward. And what do you mean by uncle fester?

3B57CC9D-FE5C-41E6-B0EC-3927BC53D242.jpeg

Cause this is much better.

I PO’d a custom cowl and cape but haven’t picked up the figure yet. Has he been on a deal lately on SS? He’s got $5 shipping but I feel like he was a 10-25% off deal in the last month or so.

Back