1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys only needed to shrink their 1/4 begins headsculpt and reuse the Dx19 cape material and the release would have been way better
I agree with this. A bit of a cop out and lazy on their part what where they thinking re-releasing the same figure from 13 years ago. Especially because I feel this version deserved a 3.0 like their recent figures. Just wait for their BS when InArt makes the same figure but does a better job.

Last edited:
Has anyone recently acquired an unreal customs sculpt? He said he would ship the sculpt a few days ago, but I havent heard from him about a tracking number.

Got this email today.

Does this mean I should jump on it or is this another Sideshow scam? Lol.

Attachments

• DB4AB860-790B-4D60-924A-99E9FF7F52D5.png
    DB4AB860-790B-4D60-924A-99E9FF7F52D5.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I just received my OT cowl and cape.
Need some help. How do you install the eye plate?

I just received my OT cowl and cape.
Need some help. How do you install the eye plate?
It's such a great set.
I found the best way is to send some thread through 1) the right eye of the cowl, down the neck outside of the head. Then into 2) the right eye plate, 3) loop around, out the left eye and all the way back up the neck and through 4) the left eye of the cowl. Even with tweezers it may take multiple tries to get the thread to poke through the left eye cowl. Pull and it slots nearly into place.
Reach inside with a tooth pick with a dab of glue between the eyes and pull extra tight. Pull out thread. Use tweezers to add each eye afterwards.

Has anyone recently acquired an unreal customs sculpt? He said he would ship the sculpt a few days ago, but I havent heard from him about a tracking number.
I was told yesterday that shipping would take place in 1-2 weeks. I know of someone who received the same info more than a week ago. 🤔

It's such a great set.
I found the best way is to send some thread through 1) the right eye of the cowl, down the neck outside of the head. Then into 2) the right eye plate, 3) loop around, out the left eye and all the way back up the neck and through 4) the left eye of the cowl. Even with tweezers it may take multiple tries to get the thread to poke through the left eye cowl. Pull and it slots nearly into place.
Reach inside with a tooth pick with a dab of glue between the eyes and pull extra tight. Pull out thread. Use tweezers to add each eye afterwards.
Thank you.

That’s an interesting approach. I just push them in from the back with the metal rod on one of my clips for painting small parts. Once it’s in I put a little two part epoxy on the top and bottom with a hobby knife. I paint before assembly and glue is too unpredictable in my experience.

Honestly the eye plate install is my biggest disappointment with the piece but I think it’s the best I can do with an integrated neck support which is IMO a must. There’s just not much room in there for creative attachment methods.

Anyone ever had any experience with getting a usps tracking number from a foreign tracking number?

My unreal sculpt and cape have been in an area in the us( already past customs) for about 5 days now. Usually its at a dhl center waiting for usps to pick up.

If it's coming into the US through New York, I've had several items just "hang around" for anywhere between 3 and 7 days after the update that it cleared customs. This has happened to me several times. The one time I called the NY processing center, it turned out it was still in customs.

If it's coming into the US through New York, I've had several items just "hang around" for anywhere between 3 and 7 days after the update that it cleared customs. This has happened to me several times. The one time I called the NY processing center, it turned out it was still in customs.

I feel like it already cleared customs and is at the DHL partner facility where usps picks things up. Usually takes 3 days. Hopefully this is just at customs. 31EF3E8B-5916-40C4-8C6A-13C2C97B0DB2.jpeg

Yeah, that tracking detail doesn’t offer a great deal of information. Since that was shipped via ems, I’m not sure if dhl has anything to do with it. I believe the last delivery leg is handled by usps, but I may be mistaken.

Yeah, that tracking detail doesn’t offer a great deal of information. Since that was shipped via ems, I’m not sure if dhl has anything to do with it. I believe the last delivery leg is handled by usps, but I may be mistaken.
Ems is partnered with dhl. Whenever i get stuff from overseas, they always get dropped off at this facility in Grand Prairie Texas.

That spot in Grand Prairie has been taking longer than usual to transfer items to USPS for the final leg. My last overseas item sat with them for about 2 weeks before it actually showed up as in the hands of the USPS and then another day or so before USPS delivered it.

Last edited:
That spot in Grand Prairie has been taking longer than usual to transfer items to USPS for the final leg. My last overseas item sat with them for about 2 weeks before it actually showed up as in the hands of the USPS and then another day or so before USPS delivered it.
That’s a relief that im not the only one having issues with that place. I cant even use my current tracking number to find more info on the package as dhl says its not a valid number. So lame.

Edit: now it says its on hold….

Last edited:
That’s a relief that im not the only one having issues with that place. I cant even use my current tracking number to find more info on the package as dhl says its not a valid number. So lame.

Edit: now it says its on hold….
Have you tried using different tracking services like 17Track or Packages Parcels App to see if they say something different? I’ve found they usually have more info

Have you tried using different tracking services like 17Track or Packages Parcels App to see if they say something different? I’ve found they usually have more info

They all say the same info. No state. Just country. Im going to that post office tomorrow and im going to ask. Its crazy that they cant track this package even though its moving within their network

Oh damn just read about the later batches being not as shiny.

Is the sideshow stock all the shiny batches? Anyone get a matte from sideshow?

Oh damn just read about the later batches being not as shiny.

Is the sideshow stock all the shiny batches? Anyone get a matte from sideshow?

Apparently, the suit is still painted with a matte black finish, so it will run off. At this point, just remove that finish no matter which one you get.

Back