1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So is this Batman just a straight reissue of a 10 year old figure with no improvements? Light on weapons and accessories too. The BB suit was always my favorite of the two suits, and I never owned one but I might just wait for final product pics before deciding.

It looks like a straight reissue but on a 2cm taller body.

On second thoughts I won't be getting this. It's a disgraceful release from HT. Yes I could make it look good with a custom cape, cowl and repainting the gauntlets but if we keep buying lazy trash they'll keep releasing it.

I hope people don't rush to pre-order this. There is no way it will sell out in pre-order, if you really want it just wait a while to see if they make improvements.

As Dean Knight said in his reaction video HT show Batman Begins no respect. It's a movie that deserves so much better.

In spite of what many here think HT do listen to feedback on their social media channels. Everyone who wants a great Begins figure should, without being abusive, let them know via their Facebook or Instagram that this figure is simply not acceptable.

Did previous versions include a wired cape? And legs that could achieve these poses?

PyjSgBg.png

Hot Toys has got me by the peanuts with this release. It's the only missing piece to my Nolan Bats trilogy collection and I have to get it. Then I'm done.

I can't believe that I'll have officially completed this 1/6 line.

Did previous versions include a wired cape? And legs that could achieve these poses?

PyjSgBg.png

The wired cape is a first alright and it will more than likely have a better base body (I remember the original bodies had crap knee joints that broke easily)...but it still doesn't make up for everything else...shame on you HT...SHAME ON YOU!

Which also means it will be awful to drape and there's no way HT will do 2 capes. Bleugh. Oh what could have been.

They could if you wanted the suit to tear a week after getting him. :lol
lol, right, but between that shot and this one I feel like Hot Toys is bringing attention to some ratcheted joints or other improvements in leg articulation.

Jxb6vUg.png

The wired cape is a first alright and it will more than likely have a better base body (I remember the original bodies had crap knee joints that broke easily)...but it still doesn't make up for everything else...shame on you HT...SHAME ON YOU!
I mean I think this figure is intended as a second or third chance for people who don't have a Batman Begins figure already, rather than a 2.0 release that would crater the value of all previous releases? Same reason the Tumbler and Batpod are straight-up reissues? :dunno

lol, right, but between that shot and this one I feel like Hot Toys is bringing attention to some ratcheted joints or other improvements in leg articulation.

Jxb6vUg.png

I mean I think this figure is intended as a second or third chance for people who don't have a Batman Begins figure already, rather than a 2.0 release that would crater the value of all previous releases? Same reason the Tumbler and Batpod are straight-up reissues? :dunno

Yes it's great for those who don't have this version...but with Harvey two face getting a nice 2.0 upgrade this should have got the same treatment.

Damn it this should have been a DX with all the bells and whistles...

Which also means it will be awful to drape and there's no way HT will do 2 capes. Bleugh. Oh what could have been.

Yeah I don't consider a wired cape an improvement. I've always hated them. :dunno
I mean I have no horse in this race, but it looks pretty freakin' good here, no?

w0KTITD.pngp

Yes it's great for those who don't have this version...but with Harvey two face getting a nice 2.0 upgrade this should have got the same treatment.

Damn it this should have been a DX with all the bells and whistles...
Yeah they definitely put all of their love and attention into the DX19 Dark Knight version, which I assume is the far more popular look/figure anyhow? I suspect that is why.

The figure needed to be redone from the ground up.

Let’s put things in perspective real quick. This figure/mold/bash is Hot Toys second Batman they ever did, the first being the MMS 13 from 2006. By Hot Toys Batman standards, this figure is OLD.

Imagine if you will, if every TDK suited Batman we’ve gotten were just variations of this instead,

182F0A4A-FA2F-42F5-83EA-65DBE6E19F22.jpeg

The lack of weapons and gadgets is appalling. Sure, it’s better than Forever Robin that doesn’t come with anything, but this is still pretty bad. That cowl headsculpt was awesome back in 2008, I loved it, but that was over a decade ago. There have been so many improvements in this hobby since then. I’m beginning to think the rumors are true and Hot Toys did lose a bunch of their artists. This would surely explain the influx of rereleases vs. actual new sculpts. They could have easily shrunk down that QS 1/4 Begins Batman if they wanted, but ultimately chose not to. Between this and the recent Knightmare Batman, I definitely think we’re going to see straight up reissues of Batman related figures with zero thought and artistry going into them.

Makes that Batman Forever Sonar Batman from last month a breath of fresh air.

With the sudden wave of Batman figures, hot toys should make a 1/4 89 and 92 Keaton Batman, the 1966, BVS and Justice League Batmobiles, instead of re-releasing stuff from about ten years ago........:slap

What other accessories would you have really included though? The grapnel gun, which all of us who have a Bale Batman have multiple of? It has two sculpts, the ski mask, harness, two Batarangs, and the grenade deal. Not a ton, but it’s not a bad package. I agree the release in general is a tad on the lazy side, but seeing as I don’t have a Begins Batman this is better than overpaying for the old release, which had the known ankle issue.

Back