1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha

I remember when I got this back when I was a younger man and thought 'wow I wonder what a HT Batman is going to look like in 5-10 years.' This isn't what I expected. The re-issue floodgates appear to be opening, I mean why stop now? Meanwhile, I would prefer those figures I dreamt about back in the day and in reality I believe all of the newbs would as well.

Even quarter scale Bats cowl is not accurate. Lazy Toys! I'm going to get a custom cowl, custom cape, repaint the gauntlets... wtf.

Yes. But it looks better than this.
I am just saying they already have that and it would not require too much money and time not to create something from a scratch.

They should have included removable (magnetic?) chest-bat-logo for first night suit. Or make a DX release with two bodies and tons of accessories.
They should have reworked the cowl from a scratch. And use adequate faceplates like they did for 1/4. Make PERS cowl, after all.
They should have included a separate balaclava sculpt.
They should have included 3 types of batarangs (small, folded, unfolded), phone, bombs, grapnel-gun (with stringed options for shots), his periscope, a bat or two on strings to recreate "bats invasion scene" (or at least incorporate them into the base, to create that whirlwind effect), the "drug" bunny, antidot serum etc.
They should have made thin cape (but it is good they made a magnet attachment, at least).
They should have used their 1/4 BB Bruce sculpt as a base, or at least tweak it for 1/6, so we have not TDK look, but BB look (and different from DX19).

But... we know what happened.

Hmm, I momentarily, initially thought it would be a new Batman Begins figure, but alas it's an older figure being 'reissued'. In which, makes me a bit hesitant on the figure, simply because, it isn't a Batman Begins figure that could be a great representation. Well correct me if I'm wrong, the last time HT rereleased a much older figure was the Wiplash TF exclusive, and it seems this one's a similar case.

With that said, I'm stoked for the Tumbler! It'd be an epic addition to the collection, like the Hulkbuster! (Some wager the HB to be a 'vehicle' because an IM figure can be put in :wink1:)

Why they did not make a scaled down version of this cowl and Bruce sculpt?
Hot-Toys-Quarter-Scale-Batman-Begins-Batman-QS009-8.jpg

Batman-Begins-Batman-Quarter-Scale-Series-Hot-Toys-Movie-Masterpiece-Action-Figure-Pic-4.jpg

But we have an old release with a new body and boots, and DX19 Bruce head. Pathetic effort.

I friggin' love the 1/4 Batman Begins figure, I've said before I would also like it if they shrunk it down for 1/6, but alas..

The 1/4 is the most accurate figure out there in terms of sculpt. People like to praise the Enterbay, but the sculpt itself (including the body) is less accurate.

I went to Echo Base to order this just now. had to wait in line for 45mins.

To be honest, all 3 faces for the Bat cowl are not good for 2021 standards.
I ordered a custom cape and customer Batman HS just now and that cost me more then this figure.

The Bruce Wayne HS is great, even though its based (and the same as) the Dark Knight, but whatever.... This is my favorite Batsuit. Really regret not getting the Enterbay Batman at retail back in the day, as even after 5 HT versions (including the QS), its still not as good as the EB.

I went to Echo Base to order this just now. had to wait in line for 45mins.

To be honest, all 3 faces for the Bat cowl are not good for 2021 standards.
I ordered a custom cape and customer Batman HS just now and that cost me more then this figure.

The Bruce Wayne HS is great, even though its based (and the same as) the Dark Knight, but whatever.... This is my favorite Batsuit. Really regret not getting the Enterbay Batman at retail back in the day, as even after 5 HT versions (including the QS), its still not as good as the EB.

Is online order not a thing in Hong Kong? Or it's much cheaper to order straight from the source?

Lazy Toys! I'm going to get a custom cowl, custom cape, repaint the gauntlets... wtf.

I'm not having a go and I totally understand why you're both going down this route (I'm considering it myself if I eventually buy it) but this right here is the reason why HT are lazy. Minimum effort from them still results in profits....and at an extra cost to you which they don't care about.

I'm not having a go and I totally understand why you're both going down this route (I'm considering it myself if I eventually buy it) but this right here is the reason why HT are lazy. Minimum effort from them still results in profits....and at an extra cost to you which they don't care about.

Yep. Keep buying it and they will keep doing it :dunno. If you dont like it then vote with your wallet.

Imagine paying double the money to make sure HT stays lazy......but it's either that or no figure at all. The whole situation sucks.

Is online order not a thing in Hong Kong? Or it's much cheaper to order straight from the source?

I guess HT likes to torture us and build more hype to see long ass lines outside their stores.

They did online orders that 1 time for that Mysterio Iron Man (the dead looking one). Think the waiting list was 4 hours to get in to the online store? But that's it. I thought it was the new trend. I hate waiting in line ! Then again... your convenience of ordering online comes at a hefty price no matter what the vendor. I probably only pay 2/3 of the price you pay (after markup, shipping, and taxes). There is no sales tax in Hong Kong.

You know what is crazy? That line up today was filled with old ladies, grannies (with a walking cane.. i am not kidding), and house maids. Its all part of a scalper group that pays these ppl a little money to wait in line to place orders, then they scalp those "Day 1" figures when its available. So despicable.

With the amount of 60-80 year old ladies... i thought i was lining up for Tom Jones or Barry Manilow tickets or some sh*+.

As always take this with a grain of salt

fd985e7d8e285ce321d722ff3ad2307e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goes to show how out of touch they are with their customer base. A little market research - like one simple q&a on their Facebook to gather information, weed out the crazy fans, and this could have been a homerun.

Sources usually can't be trusted, if this figure has a backlash. They would have delayed the Knightmare as well.

I didn?t see any complaints for that minus typical collectors moaning.

If this is true, thank goodness

Ya?ll must never collect hasbro figures then, lazy issues is their motto [emoji1787][emoji1787]

To this day I still can't believe they went with rubber again for the dome of their ED-209 2.0 despite years worth of deterioration complaints dominating any discussion of the prior release. And guess what, whenever you see the ED-209 2.0 thread resurrected in the Aliens & Robots section what is it that's being asked about? How to preserve the dome, how to fix it, is anyone doing a replacement etc.

Hot Toys can be absurdly blind and deaf to their customers such that when they do listen you think 'great'...but then can't help but wonder wtf happened all those other times.

To this day I still can't believe they went with rubber again for the dome of their ED-209 2.0 despite years worth of deterioration complaints dominating any discussion of the prior release. And guess what, whenever you see the ED-209 2.0 thread resurrected in the Aliens & Robots section what is it that's being asked about? How to preserve the dome, how to fix it, is anyone doing a replacement etc.

Hot Toys can be absurdly blind and deaf to their customers such that when they do listen you think 'great'...but then can't help but wonder wtf happened all those other times.

This is the underlining in toy collecting period and try to stay away from anything rubber, they deteriorate over time super fast.

I collect everything from Bandai, soul of Chogokin, die cast 1/18 model cars, vintage toys and lego, my general consensus is that modern toys do not last more than 5-10 years, from plastic clips breaking, rubber deterioration, die cast having paint rash(bubbles on the surface), lego seems to be the only thing that lasts forever in my book.

Can?t tell you how much I have spent just fixing up old figures that I must had bought within the last decade.

Hot toys knows this, that?s why they re release their stuff.

Neca figures break super fast and let?s not talk about how all my shfiguarts are turning into **** because Bandai doesn?t give you extra arm joints versus kaiyodo figures so you get stuck rebuying them with fewer and less accessories each time.

Ya?ll must never collect hasbro figures then, lazy issues is their motto [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Hasbro figures arent high end collectibles with a limited run though. Those figures are also for kids to play with :dunno. Hasbro figures are way more mass produced than 1/6 figures.

That isnt me ******** on TVC/BS collectors though, its just a fact.

Back