Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joost posted a video saying they were in talks with Universal to make the BTTF3 DeLeorean and things were going well but now Hot Toys has coincidentally put up a DeLoreon for PO so they wont be doing it anymore.
I just watched that. You know it would have been amazing from Joost. Sadly it wasn’t to be.

Damn I have the first release and would instabuy this one. But the position of the flying wheels aren’t just off but are spectacularly wrong I’d have to hold off unless they announce a fix on the final production version.

I was just looking at the trilogy posters yesterday. Looks like I'll have two DeLoreans. Hopefully it will be under $1K shipped. I'm sure HT will reissue BttF II Marty and Doc. Now I'll have to PO BttF III Marty and Doc in case HT goes for the Trifecta. Unfortunately, I can't see them producing the Mary Steenburgen character.

BTTF_I-II-III_Posters.jpg

I remember seeing a hot toys version of the Marty in disguise from part 2 at some point, would be nice if they actually released some different versions of him and doc. Mostly just hoping for a part 2 doc with better expression.

Would it actually be cheaper with the shipping from Sideshow despite the import tax than ordering from HK?
Not in my experience. HK is always gonna win there but it will mostly depend on whether an item that large is even capable of bypassing customs. That’s the biggest stinger.
Of all the stores around the word, sideshow sits as one of my very last resorts because customs fees are guaranteed. Yanks don’t know how lucky they are to have an official distributor on their own soil.

If you’re considering SSC as a Brit, you may as well just buy from a homeland store to avoid the aggro of customs and potential shipping disruptions.

I’ll definitely be shopping around for this thing to find the best balance of cost and confidence in a smooth service.

Not in my experience. HK is always gonna win there but it will mostly depend on whether an item that large is even capable of bypassing customs. That’s the biggest stinger.
Of all the stores around the word, sideshow sits as one of my very last resorts because customs fees are guaranteed. Yanks don’t know how lucky they are to have an official distributor on their own soil.

If you’re considering SSC as a Brit, you may as well just buy from a homeland store to avoid the aggro of customs and potential shipping disruptions.

I’ll definitely be shopping around for this thing to find the best balance of cost and confidence in a smooth service.
Ah right. I was thinking of using reward points that I have… just not sure on the shipping cost though.

Sideshow would presumably declare the full value on the customs form too whereas Hong Kong sellers are more likely to do you a favour there and customs charges would be correspondingly lower.

I'm in 2 minds over this since I have the 1st one already. The folding wheels should have made it an instant buy, but it's been executed poorly (too low, as others have said). There are other gripes which have been carried over from the original. The wheels should have a concentric groove on the spokes. Bizarrely, the spare in the trunk has it. There's also the limited headroom, which looks unchanged. It will depend on price.

Sideshow would presumably declare the full value on the customs form too whereas Hong Kong sellers are more likely to do you a favour there and customs charges would be correspondingly lower.
True! Just wondering what their shipping cost would be.

Ah right. I was thinking of using reward points that I have… just not sure on the shipping cost though.
If I can get this all in for under £600 / $815, I’ll consider it a win. £560 is the best I can hope for from the looks of things.

So glad I wasn’t tampered by the V1s going on eBay. Maybe there’ll be a BTTF pt3 version after all…

If I can get this all in for under £600 / $815, I’ll consider it a win. £560 is the best I can hope for from the looks of things.

So glad I wasn’t tampered by the V1s going on eBay. Maybe there’ll be a BTTF pt3 version after all…
Please post if you see it for that price anywhere shipped !

Shipping cost for this from HK would be a killer, no? I’ve seen some instance where Sideshow is pretty much the same or cheaper (including customs and shipping) as HK (including shipping) due to the item weight.

Shipping cost for this from HK would be a killer, no? I’ve seen some instance where Sideshow is pretty much the same or cheaper (including customs and shipping) as HK (including shipping) due to the item weight.
I was thinking the same. I saw an estimate of $1333HKD on one site to the UK.

Wow! Never thought this would see the light of day. I have the Part I version, but am definitely in for this version too. Love the lights in the vents, wheels and underneath, and it looks like they added lights to the dash console this time, unless that’s an illusion. Still no light blue flux dispersal band lights though.

hope the Part III is still in the works too.

Yep looks like the HK prices are about $700-750 incl. shipping. So they haven't increased the cost significantly which is great !!

how do the HK prices usually translate to when Sideshow offers Hot Toys figures? Are they roughly the same? Or is Sideshow 25% more expensive (for example) ?

oh, the pre-order is up:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/back-to-the-future-delorean-time-machine-hot-toys-910430

$825

About This Sixth Scale Figure Accessory​

“Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.” – Doc Brown
The time-traveling duo Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown hop in the DeLorean Time machine again and travel into the future to save Marty's future son from disaster, only to return to discover their own time has somehow transformed completely.
Inspired by the classic blockbuster, Back to the Future II, Sideshow and Hot Toys are excited to present the iconic DeLorean Time Machine Sixth Scale Collectible Figure Accessory with foldable wheels for hover mode.
Crafted with impressive workmanship, the movie-accurate DeLorean Time Machine collectible vehicle measures 72cm long, displays an impressive amount of details including multiple LED light-up points on the exterior design and interior controls, signature gull-wing doors, foldable wheels for flight hover mode, real-like cable wires across the exterior structure, detail recreation of the time machine engine deck and cabin controls, and a specially designed base for the hovering DeLorean Time Machine.
Hit up to 88mph and pre-order this DeLorean Time Machine Sixth Scale Collectible Figure Accessory for your Time Travelling collection!
Brand Back to the Future Manufacturer Hot Toys Type Sixth Scale Figure Accessory

What's in the Box?​

The DeLorean Time Machine Collectible Sixth Scale Figure Accessory features:
  • Authentically and detailed likeness of DeLorean Time Machine in Back to the Future II
  • Approximately 72cm L x 35cm W x 25cm H
  • Exterior styling features:
  • LED light-up function designs on headlights & rear signal lights, wheel rims, undercarriage, and reactor cooling vents
  • Functional gull-wing doors
  • Rotatable wheels can be folded and transform into a hovering Delorean Time Machine
  • Real-like cable wires across the body and detailed structure of the engine cover, including Mr. Fusion energy reactor, nuclear reactor and reactor cooling vents at the rear car body
  • Interior design features:
    • Cabin controls with LED light up function including dashboard, Time Circuits Display, overhead panels, flux capacitor, and system display
    • Two (2) seaters
    • Sized to fit with Marty McFly and Doc Brown 1/6th scale Collectible Figures
Accessory:
  • Specially designed vehicle base for flight hover mode display
*Light up function can be operated by USB power or battery.
*Battery not included for collectible. AA batteries required.
*USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, Micro USB cable is required.

Do any of the UK retailers allow you to put this on a payment plan?

Usually I'd put this on a plan with Toys Wonderland but depends on the shipping cost.

Now it just a matter of accruing rewards to apply before ordering this. If I recall rewards don't carry over from year to year, is that correct?

Apparently it's considered mail fraud in the US, which is a felony. So that's why companies over there are not very keen on doing that kinda stuff.
Sellers in Singapore and Hong Kong didn't really have much of an issue with it, when I ordered there :D

Back