ThreeZero RAMBO: First Blood Part II - 1/6th scale figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Rambo's personality and character remained pretty consistent throughout the franchise. He was always stoic and quiet, somewhat sad and vulnerable, even in Part II and III.

As for the PTSD, I like to think that if he's having any issues, we're just seeing it throughout the film, when he's shooting his M60 or blowing up the village with the helicopter or when he's detached from the other characters in the beginning. He seemed to be in his own world at times, like he was ignoring people. PTSD can manifest in many forms, not just flashbacks. PTSD can manifest in sadness, extreme burst of anger, and detachment from other people, all which are present in Rambo's general behavior in the sequels.

In Part II, Murdock does question Rambo's mental state in a conversation with Trautman when he asked, "Are you sure he's not unbalanced from the war? We can't afford anyone in this mission crack under pressure in that hell." So, Rambo's PTSD wasn't completely ignored. The reason Murdock asked about Rambo's mental state was because Rambo's behavior was so unusual. Rambo also ignores Ericson when he arrives to the military base, despite Ericso's attempt at being friendly.

In Rambo 3 there's a brief moment where Rambo is by himself looking around at all the destruction in the village and at the dead bodies, so it could be implied that he's having some PTSD at that moment too.

Rambo 4 and 5 showed Rambo having nightmares, which is another symptom of PTSD. So no, I don't believe Rambo's PTSD was completely ignored in the sequels. It was just more subtle without the use of flashbacks.

Last edited:
It's up for pre-order.

Lionsgate Rambo GIF by Rambo: Last Blood

Me too... but the other 2 figures turned out great (even if the body wasn't accurate for First Blood). Both are miles better than the Stallone Shop figure. I pre-ordered immediately.

For those that have the previous versions, how strong are the ratchets in the elbows from your experience? From video reviews, they seem to hold pretty well; however, I also have the 3Z Storm Shadow that uses the same arms from these Rambo figures, but his arms can barely hold the 90 degree position without wanting to spring back to basically neutral. Just trying to gauge if it would be worth picking up the body when released to swap the arms if the Rambo figures tend to have better ratchets.

Tempting, only because I had this as a kid.

IMG_5480.jpeg
Man, Dallas Vintage Toys used to be a cool place; however, now that they've gotten pretty big, they don't care about the collector anymore and only care about making money. I used to go there all the time way back when they were in a small, low-rise office building in a sketchy part of town, but I don't shop with them anymore. Their customer service has gone way down. They also mark up the HT figures a lot now even though they're an authorized retailer with Sideshow.

We don't think the head is actually smaller than the previous Threezero Rambo heads do we? Personally I can let the proportional inaccuracy to the particular movie slide (since I've already had to do that with the figure from the first movie) but it might annoy me if they've literally made the head smaller too.

The prototype promotional photos of both the Rambo III and First Blood figures looked off to me, and yet the final figures of both turned out fantastic. I'm just gonna trust Threezero at this point and pre-order. Also, I messaged them on Facebook and asked if they are gonna make a Rambo 4 figure one day as well and they basically sorta hinted that they will in the future...

We don't think the head is actually smaller than the previous Threezero Rambo heads do we? Personally I can let the proportional inaccuracy to the particular movie slide (since I've already had to do that with the figure from the first movie) but it might annoy me if they've literally made the head smaller too.
I’m sure the sculpt faces are the same size, but the amount of hair changes on the different versions, so 3 hides the neck better.

The best news is that boatman is possibly in the works!!!

Asked in the thread for the season seven Rick Grimes figure that went up today too but is there a benefit to ordering directly from Threezero? Also do they charge up front if you pre-order with them or when the figure ships?

Back