Hot Toys Back to the Future II - 1/6th scale DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a huge fan of this film series, but I was just watching a documentary last night on the restoration of the full-size "A" car and it got me thinking I need to own this, even though I will have NO space to display it nor care about displaying Marty or Doc figures around it. I'll probably put Mad Max the Fury road crew in there

Also, I noticed Sideshow said they would bill me lass than $40.00 for shipping

Hmm. . .want to buy. As with the Ecto-1 I know it's ridiculously overpriced, but it isn't as overpriced. Not sure if I can do it. Selfishly I hope they don't re-release the BTTF 2 figures so I can sell mine for MASSIVE PROFIT *maniacal laughter*

But it would be the most ridiculous thing for HT to only release figures from the first and 3rd movies, an only a Delorean from the 2nd movie. So, I suspect they are coming.
The most “ridiculous” thing Hot Toys could do? Or is it really the most “Hot Toys” thing that Hot Toys could do, lol. Seriously, I am surprisingly unsurprised that they would release new figures from part 1 and 3 but release the car from part 2.

But I am super stoked for this regardless, even with all the well-documented inaccuracies. One of the reasons I never bought the first version was because they had teased this one.

Do any of the UK retailers allow you to put this on a payment plan?

Usually I'd put this on a plan with Toys Wonderland but depends on the shipping cost.
Collectibles Direct, Movie Figures, Planet Action Figures and Statuesque all offer payment plan options but I’m expecting pretty high prices from all of them.

I feel like shipping from TW is gonna be close to $400 range when it actually releases. Their 1/4 figures ship for about $200 right now and this is way bigger + heavier. I think going with a US retailer makes more sense for this if you're US based.

Damn, I'd rather them not have that wheel function and just be swap outs for a more accurate look.

I had the first version and was quite disappointed that the dash didn’t light up but rather was a sticker. Sent it back to sideshow with a “restocking fee” charge. Never doing that again.

Was hoping they’d release this as it’s my favorite version and still can be displayed with V1 Marty from the end of the first film. It’s a hefty price to pay for this but since I see the dash finally lights up and wheels rotate I may have to bite the bullet and grab one. not sure where in the world I’ll display it but in the immortal words of Mr. Simpson, “that’s a problem for future Homer. I don’t envy that guy.”

oh, the pre-order is up:
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/back-to-the-future-delorean-time-machine-hot-toys-910430

$825

About This Sixth Scale Figure Accessory​

“Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads.” – Doc Brown
The time-traveling duo Marty McFly and Dr. Emmett Brown hop in the DeLorean Time machine again and travel into the future to save Marty's future son from disaster, only to return to discover their own time has somehow transformed completely.
Inspired by the classic blockbuster, Back to the Future II, Sideshow and Hot Toys are excited to present the iconic DeLorean Time Machine Sixth Scale Collectible Figure Accessory with foldable wheels for hover mode.
Crafted with impressive workmanship, the movie-accurate DeLorean Time Machine collectible vehicle measures 72cm long, displays an impressive amount of details including multiple LED light-up points on the exterior design and interior controls, signature gull-wing doors, foldable wheels for flight hover mode, real-like cable wires across the exterior structure, detail recreation of the time machine engine deck and cabin controls, and a specially designed base for the hovering DeLorean Time Machine.
Hit up to 88mph and pre-order this DeLorean Time Machine Sixth Scale Collectible Figure Accessory for your Time Travelling collection!
Brand Back to the Future Manufacturer Hot Toys Type Sixth Scale Figure Accessory

What's in the Box?​

The DeLorean Time Machine Collectible Sixth Scale Figure Accessory features:
  • Authentically and detailed likeness of DeLorean Time Machine in Back to the Future II
  • Approximately 72cm L x 35cm W x 25cm H
  • Exterior styling features:
  • LED light-up function designs on headlights & rear signal lights, wheel rims, undercarriage, and reactor cooling vents
  • Functional gull-wing doors
  • Rotatable wheels can be folded and transform into a hovering Delorean Time Machine
  • Real-like cable wires across the body and detailed structure of the engine cover, including Mr. Fusion energy reactor, nuclear reactor and reactor cooling vents at the rear car body
  • Interior design features:
    • Cabin controls with LED light up function including dashboard, Time Circuits Display, overhead panels, flux capacitor, and system display
    • Two (2) seaters
    • Sized to fit with Marty McFly and Doc Brown 1/6th scale Collectible Figures
Accessory:
  • Specially designed vehicle base for flight hover mode display
*Light up function can be operated by USB power or battery.
*Battery not included for collectible. AA batteries required.
*USB connecting cable is not included for collectible, Micro USB cable is required.
I wonder if BBTS would carry it with $4 flat shipping..

BTW, let's stop saying 'TW' for Toys Wonderland...
It could mean TimeWalker toys or even Taiwan

I wonder if BBTS would carry it with $4 flat shipping..

BTW, let's stop saying 'TW' for Toys Wonderland...
It could mean TimeWalker toys or even Taiwan
That price ain't bad. I thought it would be over $1000

LOL! It will be after tax and shipping!
DHL shipping is now $95 usd for ToysWonderland 😮 So yeah if you go with them, easily $1,000 plus for first batch

SS at best maybe when everything calculated $800 plus, but who knows how long we might wait with them..spring 2023, maybe SS might be late 2023-2024

don’t give into FOMO guys…this will be around for awhile

$900 plus if you add shipping from TW first batch ..$1,000 plus 😱

Look it at this way - the Hot Toys Delorean (and both Doc/Marty figures) is still significantly cheaper than the 1:10 BTTF2 Iron Studios set.

$2,250 (plus shipping & tax). :eek:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.06.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-02-18 at 11.06.02 AM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
Look it at this way - the Hot Toys Delorean (and both Doc/Marty figures) is still significantly cheaper than the 1:10 BTTF2 Iron Studios set.

$2,250 (plus shipping & tax). :eek:
Why would anyone pay for that ..it’s a statue and that price :lol

Back