1/6 Hot Toys Arkham Knight Batgirl

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very nice and the articulation is phenomenal! Have to watch out for the armpits for potential tearing, I guess. There are so many wires in her cape! I think the smirk really pop for this figure. Can’t wait!

Ooft, this piece looks awful. Hot Toys going more and more into Play Arts Kai realm than Movie Masterpiece. I suppose people care more for articulation, though. For me it takes away the point of owning a Hot Toys figure.
Totally agree. Here is a screen of her hips/joints from a video, very bad. Love Batgirl so I will display with cape flowing over her GI Joe joints.

Articulation is good but from videos, any bit of articulation makes this area look just comical.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-12-27 161628.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-12-27 161628.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 92
Those leg joints, in my opinion, have made what should have been an amazing figure into what I think is close to the worst release from Hot Toys in recent memory.
Love the Arkham games, love Batgirl, love the Arkham figures, but I cannot pay Hot Toys prices for what is basically a blown up 7 inch DC Direct figure.
What were they thinking with those legs joints?
This figure is an unfortunate fail. I can’t get my head around how or why they did this.

For me, after hearing all the extremely limited articulation from other Arkham Batman figures, I was a bit hesitant in PO this figure. The announcement pictures were not exactly confidence boosting either. Yes, the hip joint looks funny, but like I said, I tend to think of her suit as an armor. So having a gap doesn’t bother me too much. But I have to say the final product pictures and the unboxing vids thus far have blown away my meager expectations. Articulation is fantastic, the wired cape increased the shelf presence dramatically. The smirk worked a lot better than expected and added a much needed depth of character that most HT figs don’t have. The rooted hair actually works quite well here given the level of articulation, molded hair might actually look funny. I was initially hoping it could stick the Prime 1 Batgirl pose, but from all the pics and vid’s, it can do more, so much more. Wow! I think to say this is like PAK is a bit unfair as there is a huge gap in quality and engineering between the two (PAK are designed for superior articulation). All for 1 hip joint?

I initially PO this in a hope to motivate HT to continue making female figs in the AK line, I also bought AK Harley and I was not disappointed overall (ok, so it didn’t come with a pair of fists and with no ankle pivot).

I know HT took liberties on face sculpts, proportions and some minor outfit details/weathering, but at least the products are decent (to good) representation of the characters from the game.

I know Nightwing is next on the line (based on prototype), but I really hope they announce AK Catwoman someday, with her bomb collar and a smirking faceplate and pull down goggles, perhaps. I have been waiting for a good, more comicbook-accurate (with a whip!), but updated modern looking fig for Catwoman from HT since the first TDKR Selina Kyle came. Alas, the wait continues… (Maybe the Cat from The Batman is good?)

Cannot wait to get this Batgirl! Happy New Year!

Last edited:
OMG! The poses this Batgirl can do…oh my! Can’t wait!
The exposed joints are a great trade-off for posability. Anyone who owns the Arkham Knight Batman can most likely attest to the lack of articulation in that figure, due to the suit,

This review is twelve minutes of pure torture.

After watching 7 review videos, there are bound to be good reviews and bad. I have come to the conclusion that most reviewers find this figure to be more than adequate as a HT release. With the consensus being this is a good worthy adaptation of the game character with over average articulation for the HT Arkham line in general. There are more positives than negatives for this Batgirl. The shelf presence is very good on this one, and the cape plays a big part of it. Most don’t seem to mind the rooted hair, and the smirking face is very well received. A lot of reviews pointed out the thigh/butt gap as a departure from typical HT fare, but most rationalized it as HT’s rare effort in putting articulation over a seamless hip. The ratcheting shoulders are different, but in a refreshing way. Some have praised the number of gestured hands included, but lamented the drooping wire included for the grapple gun and lack of other accessories. Overall, the range of scores is 7 to 8.5 out of 10. Not bad for the first 1/6 Batgirl figure on the market!

Last edited:
I find the YT reviews agree with my user experience with HT figures in general. I find the pain points being highlighted are usually valid and the high points are reasonable as well. HT efforts are generally pretty consistent these days. Granted, they used to include a lot more stuff, but the quality and level of detail have improved from say 5-8 years ago. I only collect MCU and DC figs from HT and I am overall pretty happy with their releases.

After watching 7 review videos, there are bound to be good reviews and bad. I have come to the conclusion that most reviewers find this figure to be more than adequate as a HT release. With the consensus being this is a good worthy adaptation of the game character with over average articulation for the HT Arkham line in general. There are more positives than negatives for this Batgirl. The shelf presence is very good on this one, and the cape plays a big part of it. Most don’t seem to mind the rooted hair, and the smirking face is very well received. A lot of reviews pointed out the thigh/butt gap as a departure from typical HT fare, but most rationalized it as HT’s rare effort in putting articulation over a seamless hip. The ratcheting shoulders are different, but in a refreshing way. Some have praised the number of gestured hands included, but lamented the drooping wire included for the grapple gun and lack of other accessories. Overall, the range of scores is 7 to 8.5 out of 10. Not bad for the first 1/6 Batgirl figure on the market!

And this the guy said in the video, if i understand correctly (english is not my native language) that the figurine is different from the prototype, but it's exactly the same for me, and yes it's lazy from Hot toys, they have not improved anything in three-four years, but there is no downgrad of differences for me.

Batgirl Arkham.jpg

Batgirl 1.jpg
Batgirl 3.jpg

At this point, I think I have seen enough of this figure before getting it in hand. I like what I saw and I think this is a worthy effort from HT. I don’t plan on sticking her on a Batpod, but I am thinking about getting her some Arkham Batman accessories to round out her arsenal (I hope they fit her!) I have never bought the VGM line before and the AK Harley and this one are my first. I am quite impressed with AK Harley in hand and I eagerly anticipate this one showing up at my door in 2-3 months. Happy New Year to all!!

Back