Hot Toys Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly the hype about Affleck appearing is mainly that

1) it debunks the notion that his days playing Batman are over. Three times now since Ben "retired" (as a gag or bit on Jimmy Kimmel, mind you!) he as returned to play the character. He's in a very happy place now in his life. There's new leadership at WBD that won't **** with him as WB did. Why not finish what he originally wanted to do? Assuming all the terms are acceptable and he gets the contract he wants.

2) It's yet another indication that the Snyderverse remains alive.

very awesome. I got excited when I saw it as well.

I wouldn't get my hopes up for a big role just yet. Apparently he's just doing a Bruce Wayne appearance, not a Batman appearance. Just the part that Keaton was originally supposed to cameo for since Aquaman 2 was supposed to come out after the Flash. But since it's now coming out before The Flash, it doesn't make sense for Keaton to show up in this movie when the way he gets into the DCEU is via The Flash movie. So now it's been tweaked for Affleck to show up so the timeline of the movies make more sense. Still, I'm always excited to see more Affleck as Bruce Wayne and it would be nice to be surprised with potentially a little something extra.
You are right to be cautious although I doubt he was contracted to do anything for Aquaman 2 and I find it hard to believe he came back just to clean up switching around Keatons comeback.

You are right to be cautious although I doubt he was contracted to do anything for Aquaman 2 and I find it hard to believe he came back just to clean up switching around Keatons comeback.
Truth is none of us will know until the movie comes out. Though, I think it would be foolish of Jason Mamoa to have made that post only for Affleck to not show up in Aquaman 2. Once it releases, the news on whether or not Affleck is actually in it will spread like wild fire and that could very well largely effect how the movie does when it’s released seeing how right now it’s putting a postive on a movie that was getting negative press due to Amber Heard. Also, it’s hard to believe that Affleck is just sitting in a trailer wearing a suit in the style very much like what his Bruce Wayne wears with his hair done up like how his Bruce Wayne looks as that is not how he normally looks on his day to day. Sure, Affleck could have a none DC movie coming out at Warner Bros and Jason was just walking over to catch up with a friend, but then again why would Affleck’s trailer be right outside the studio/sound stage that Jason is walking out of? Personally, by looks, it’s all too coincidental for Affleck to not be in the movie. But again, we’ll ultimately either find out from the next trailer since the cat is potentially out of the bag already or in the movie itself.

Last edited:
Truth is none of us will know until the movie comes out. Though, I think it would be foolish of Jason Mamoa to have made that post only for Affleck to not show up in Aquaman 2. Once it releases, the news on whether or not Affleck is actually in it will spread like wild fire and that could very well largely effect how the movie does when it’s released seeing how right now it’s putting a postive on a movie that was getting negative press due to Amber Heard. Also, it’s hard to believe that Affleck is just sitting in a trailer wearing a suit in the style very much like what his Bruce Wayne wears with his hair done up like how his Bruce Wayne looks as that is not how he normally looks on his day to day. Sure, Affleck could have a none DC movie coming out at Warner Bros and Jason was just walking over to catch up with a friend, but then again why would Affleck’s trailer be right outside the studio/sound stage that Jason is walking out of? Personally, by looks, it’s all too coincidental for Affleck to not be in the movie. But again, we’ll ultimately either find out from the next trailer since the cat is potentially out of the bag already or in the movie itself.
Sorry, I meant that to be cautious of it going elsewhere (Snyderverse). I should have read your post better. I believe he is in the movie.

Sorry, I meant that to be cautious of it going elsewhere (Snyderverse). I should have read your post better. I believe he is in the movie.
No worries and yes I agree. I definitely don't see this as any indication that he currently will be going any further as Batman than The Flash (since we know for sure he has a role there) and now Aquaman 2 apparently, at least for now. I'm pretty sure new deals and contracts need to be made for any future projects.

I’m sure it’s been discussed in previous pages, but what do we reckon - HTs only going to pump out essentially an AM 2.0 version (?) and thats it with dropping any other potentials with the current state of the DCEU/DCU or whatever it’s called these days. That and Miss Turds shenanigans…

I dont think anybody knows. Thats why this thread hasnt seen activity since Jul 29 2022...

I’m sure it’s been discussed in previous pages, but what do we reckon - HTs only going to pump out essentially an AM 2.0 version (?) and thats it with dropping any other potentials with the current state of the DCEU/DCU or whatever it’s called these days. That and Miss Turds shenanigans…

I dont think anybody knows. Thats why this thread hasnt seen activity since Jul 29 2022...
Thanks for pointing out the obvious with the exact date too, but that was the point of asking if anyone had any updates with this thread and a number of others having little activity of late.

Not HT, but I saw some other figures online. It was just a Black Manta and Aquaman, each with a Trident, and Black Manta's sub.

Yeah, maybe post that here. That serves as the "update" for this speculation thread
What aren’t you getting Batman, if you actually read what I originally wrote, I did just that.

As you were quick to point out the obvious, my point was speculation as to if we’ll get an AM 2.0 golden armour, and if that will be it with all the bad press from both Miss Hurd and the DC-verse reboot therefore making this film essentially pointless.

To repeat, will HTs invest anymore time and effort into this, or simply bin it off - speculation.

What aren’t you getting Batman, if you actually read what I originally wrote, I did just that.

As you were quick to point out the obvious, my point was speculation as to if we’ll get an AM 2.0 golden armour, and if that will be it with all the bad press from both Miss Hurd and the DC-verse reboot therefore making this film essentially pointless.

To repeat, will HTs invest anymore time and effort into this, or simply bin it off - speculation.
They still did Flash despite the bad reviews and the drama around Ezra.

Regardless of the cloud around the movie and its performers, HT is contractually obligated to produce figures for WB to keep their license.

I dont know the details but that's the general consensus on how the business works.

Yeah still such a shame HT didn't make Black Manta from the first movie, hopefully the Mars Toys version will be good (if they still remember to make it with all their other announcements lol). I also skipped the first HT Aquaman since I thought it looked way off in many ways, but maybe now there's a chance of one with better hair and moving eyes.

Yeah still such a shame HT didn't make Black Manta from the first movie, hopefully the Mars Toys version will be good (if they still remember to make it with all their other announcements lol). I also skipped the first HT Aquaman since I thought it looked way off in many ways, but maybe now there's a chance of one with better hair and moving eyes.
I feel the same way.
Since Hot Toys did not do it, I ordered the Mars Toys version and I am hoping it comes out well. I don't own any figures by them.

I also passed on the HT Aquaman as well, I thought it looked Ok overall but there were some things I didn't like about it and hoped that another version would come in the future... hopefully we will find out something soon.

Back