Hot Toys 1/4 Scale Iron Man Mark IV with Suit Up Gantry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or waste time making a tool
Comment
:lol

A little more context in your post would’ve went a long way such as “I tried looking on Sideshow but couldn’t find if the gantry was sold separately or only included as a set with the MK4. Anyone have any info on that?”

Instead, it came off as you couldn’t be bothered to look for yourself, but expected someone else to look for you. Not trying to be a tool. Sarcastic, maybe, but not a tool :LOL:

Also, for future reference, if you can’t find something on Sideshow’s site by using the top search bar, you can usually find it if you scroll to the bottom and click on “product archive” I believe. That lets you have a broader search which usually will include both waitlisted and sold out items :duff

Last edited:
Released today. Oddly find it a bit underwhelming. For some reason I find the last Diecast version to be more interesting looking.

IMG_0229.jpeg

IMG_0228.jpeg

Not sure how well Iron Man lends itself to this larger scale. Certainly in mere photographs and with nothing being compared against it it just looks like another 1:6 Iron Man.

Not sure how well Iron Man lends itself to this larger scale. Certainly in mere photographs and with nothing being compared against it it just looks like another 1:6 Iron Man.
Yeah and the finish somehow just looks plasticky. I think they also miss the bigger chonkier feel the suit has on screen. HT tend to lean the bodies down and make them look too skinny.

Frustrated they didn't fix the helmet. I'm also underwhelmed with the sculpt, some 1/6 scale HS look better :confused: and a clean HS would have been accurate. He was never beat up like that in the Mark IV
20230810_100208.jpg

Frustrated they didn't fix the helmet. I'm also underwhelmed with the sculpt, some 1/6 scale HS look better :confused: and a clean HS would have been accurate. He was never beat up like that in the Mark IV
View attachment 655144
This is the reason I don't want to buy it. They're reusing that same sculpt they used for the Mark 3 and 42 when they had the opportunity to stun us with a new 1/4 sculpt. There's nothing new with this release that entices me and half of the accessories don't go with that sculpt anyway.

Would’ve been nice to see the lower jaw line plate able to pivot down like this too. I bet it could’ve been a really simple bit of engineering to do.

View attachment 655144

Funny how this line peaked with their first Mark 42/43 figure. Haven’t been impressed since those two.
It’s absolutely insane to me that they haven’t done a full unmasked sculpt since the first and only one with the Mark 43. This is the scale to really show off that Tony Stark likeness and they just haven’t made a new one since. Personally I’d never be interested in displaying it with the half mask, it’s either all helmet or no helmet!

It’s absolutely insane to me that they haven’t done a full unmasked sculpt since the first and only one with the Mark 43. This is the scale to really show off that Tony Stark likeness and they just haven’t made a new one since. Personally I’d never be interested in displaying it with the half mask, it’s either all helmet or no helmet!
tumblr_mly874j58R1r8cm5vo1_500.gif

I do feel it's odd that they're releasing these 1/4 iterations with older sculpts seen before... there's so much opportunity to do a brand new sculpt, rolling eyeballs at 1/4 scale, helmetless sculpt etc. It's a rather clear cash grab and its disappointing... the fire under HT due to Inart's market entry doesn't seem to extend over to their 1/4th scale.

That said, I really do need the mk 45 in 1/6 or 1/4th scale reissued. I missed that release entirely and have been regretting deeply since..though it seems highly unlikely that it'd get sufficient demand for a re-release.

Recently sold my 1/6th to help pay for this. It’s a great set and huge lol. Unfortunately the battery compartment doesn’t work but the USB does. SS is offering a $100 credit or full replacement. Leaning on credit.

This will make my second 1/4 Iron Man, I went with the standard version for the price and lack of space and it will arrive Monday.

Back