Hot Toys Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbhf

Super Freak
Reaction score
New stealth suit revealed today. Could see HT doing this look as well as maybe rereleasing the 2018 one (since he has both versions in the movie).

E-iSsCoXEAUWjIG

JUST IN: James Wan reveals 2 looks for Aquaman, including the new stealth suit, which Wan says is inspired by the 80’s blue suit. Funnily enough I just got done talking to Jason Momoa about #Aquaman2, which he called massive & very funny & also a timely film about the environment.

As I posted in the movie thread, unless the head sculpt is better, I doubt I'd get this one, holding out for an updated classic suit (my favorite) from the first movie, even though I have that HT figure too. But I might change my mind. I like this look though.

Not digging this stealth suit so now I don't know whether to get the Aquaman 1 figure or hope they release an updated classic suit.

I would get the head from the new movie and put it on the Aquaman figure.

I’m perfectly content with JL Aquaman. That new suit does nothing for me. Still like the JL suit the best of the lot so far.

I doubt its the only suit he wears in the movie, but still it's a hard pass for me on this one. His classic looking suit from his solo movie is good enough for me for now.

I've seen the picture scrolling through facebook multiple times and didn't once stop to look at it because this suit wasn't even remotely recognizable as being anything Aquaman related, so I just kept scrolling. A friend sent it to me which is what finally made me pay attention to it and realize what I was passing by. Bland is a word that comes to mind.

Black Manta, Orm and Mera.
HT skipping ALL three of these (on top of half-assing Aquaman's sculpt) was one of the biggest disappointments in my collecting history lol. I've nearly stopped buying HT since, and MCU designs for the most part are dull to me, like a bunch of crazy biker outfits of varying color, so it's been easy lol. I'm going to hope they heard the complaints and will make more characters this time!

Last edited:
HT skipping ALL three of these (on top of half-assing Aquaman's sculpt) was one of the biggest disappointments in my collecting history lol. I've nearly stopped buying HT since, and MCU designs for the most part are dull to me, like a bunch of crazy biker outfits of varying color, so it's been easy lol. I'm going to hope they heard the complaints and will make more characters this time!
I'm mostly in agreement with you there, but Hot Toys has some releases I just can't pass up (Mysterio, Venom, Cyborg & King Shark). Still...unless they change their tune, I can see my purchasing coming to a close in about 4 years.

I'm mostly in agreement with you there, but Hot Toys has some releases I just can't pass up (Mysterio, Venom, Cyborg & King Shark). Still...unless they change their tune, I can see my purchasing coming to a close in about 4 years.
You're right, I should've mentioned Mysterio and Venom, I totally agree that those two look fantastic! I will get both which ends my HT hiatus lol. And I can also see my 1/6 collecting mostly ending in a few years, all thanks to lack of variety, incomplete lines, and shocking prices lol

Last edited:
The villain costumes are looking better than the heroes these days.

The villain costumes are looking better than the heroes these days.
Yes! And HT keeps skipping villains from both Marvel and DC! :lol Black Manta looks so cool even the 12-inch Mattel version was worth buying lol. Maybe these recent releases are a good sign at least with Spidey, I'd get every villain from the Raimi movies if they make them.

Yes! And HT keeps skipping villains from both Marvel and DC! :lol Black Manta looks so cool even the 12-inch Mattel version was worth buying lol. Maybe these recent releases are a good sign at least with Spidey, I'd get every villain from the Raimi movies if they make them.
Hot Toys should milk this Spidey movie. I've seen more articles with Doc Ock's face on it than Spider-Man. The nostalgia and villain hype train is full go and Spidey is by far, look it up, the biggest merch character, even beating DC's gigachad Batman. I'd do all 3 Spidey's, all Sinister Six villains. HT doesn't mind a big backlog as it helps further business down the road for themselves. If there is a Rhino or Lizard, I could see them passing on them. Goblin and Doc are locks IMO. Electro and Sandman are easy.

You're right, I should've mentioned Mysterio and Venom, I totally agree that those two look fantastic! I will get both which ends my HT hiatus lol. And I can also see my 1/6 collecting mostly ending in a few years, all thanks to lack of variety, incomplete lines, and shocking prices lol
You said it all right there with those last 3 reasons. The fans had to beg just to get Cyborg & Venom which should have been no-brainer releases!

Meanwhile the Hot Toys brass is like, "Another Iron Man release?.....BRILLIANT!"

Hot Toys should milk this Spidey movie. I've seen more articles with Doc Ock's face on it than Spider-Man. The nostalgia and villain hype train is full go and Spidey is by far, look it up, the biggest merch character, even beating DC's gigachad Batman. I'd do all 3 Spidey's, all Sinister Six villains. HT doesn't mind a big backlog as it helps further business down the road for themselves. If there is a Rhino or Lizard, I could see them passing on them. Goblin and Doc are locks IMO. Electro and Sandman are easy.
:exactly:That would be a dream come true! I'd get all of them no hesitation! (on a side note I love Sandman in SM3 lol)

:exactly:That would be a dream come true! I'd get all of them no hesitation! (on a side note I love Sandman in SM3 lol)
As it should have just been Sandman and Goblin Jr as Hobgoblin in orange. Venom should have been SM4.

You said it all right there with those last 3 reasons. The fans had to beg just to get Cyborg & Venom which should have been no-brainer releases!

Meanwhile the Hot Toys brass is like, "Another Iron Man release?.....BRILLIANT!"
:lol Exactly, and there's no way Black Manta would be a shelf-warmer! I gotta beg harder for him lol
As it should have just been Sandman and Goblin Jr as Hobgoblin in orange. Venom should have been SM4.

Oh a Hobgoblin would've been cool! Yeah those two were enough, Sandman was my favorite part of the movie. Topher Venom might be the only Raimi bad guy I would skip from HT lol, or maybe I'd get him for the new Venom to step on or something lol

Never seen that, the outfit actually looks really good! If the final product is the same I'm getting it!

Back