Hot Toys 1/4 Scale Iron Man Mark IV with Suit Up Gantry

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recently sold my 1/6th to help pay for this. It’s a great set and huge lol. Unfortunately the battery compartment doesn’t work but the USB does. SS is offering a $100 credit or full replacement. Leaning on credit.

I'd take the replacement. For what you paid, everything should be working.

And not that you're going in planning on selling it some day but if you had to, having a busted battery compartment might be a bigger hit to the value than the $100 they're offering.

Having the replacement, battery still not working. New AAA lithium. Could be bad luck. How is it 2/2 battery doesn’t work but USB does?

The previous 1/4 scale IM's have blown me away, but I'm sad to say this one is kinda underwhelming. I like the Mark IV design even more than the Mark lll but HT cut too many corners here. The reused HS with inaccurate BD facial features, no unhelmeted TS sculpt, doughnut accessories that don't match the scenes. Even the clouded arc reactor option has been missing from the last couple 1/4 IM releases :slap
20230915_122539.jpg

Screenshot_20230920_092632_YouTube.jpg

Should have given us two chest plates with white reactor. A vellum paper will help but still. They definitely cheapened out with lack of Tony helmetless headsculpt.

Wow this thread is getting very little action, given this guy has been shipping lately. Here's some pics of mine. I think I might be letting go of the Mark III, since this IV ticks all my boxes and slays. I know some people are disappointed at the lack of an unhelmeted sculpt, or more accessories, but I don't really care for those bits. I just want the barebones figure done well. The finish on this is dead on, but the proportions of the 1/6 figure has slightly better shoulders/arms that just lay more naturally.

wegweserew.jpg

qt-bthbrb.jpg

34uret.jpg

qbrt34.jpg

htrtyr.jpg

iijh.jpg

wetythre.jpg

shuy7.jpg

Someone should’ve tested it before sending it to you. Maybe there’s a bad batch.
It's possible, they should have tested it. Having gone through 2, i'm not worried as much, so long as the lights work and I figure batteries would drain quicker so USB it is, but still nice to know the option is there.

Wow, that comparison photo makes the 1/4 Mark 3 look off in his proportions...
especially his head and upper torso. The Mark IV looks great!

To be fair, the MK3 is hunching while the MK4 is fully straight. I can tell because I own the MK3. Nevertheless, the MK4 looks fantastic.

To be fair, the MK3 is hunching while the MK4 is fully straight. I can tell because I own the MK3. Nevertheless, the MK4 looks fantastic.
Not sure exactly what you mean. They’re both standing straight and in the same pose here. Since you have the Mark III you surely know it doesn’t have that much articulation at all in the torso. The arms go up and down but that’s about it, lol. No trickery is being used. Though for some reason the camera lens exaggerates the height difference. In person I’d say it’s only 1/4 inch difference.

IMG_1392.jpeg

Last edited:
Not sure exactly what you mean. They’re both standing straight and in the same pose here. Since you have the Mark III you surely know it doesn’t have that much articulation at all in the torso. The arms go up and down but that’s about it, lol. No trickery is being used. Though for some reason the camera lens exaggerates the height difference. In person I’d say it’s only 1/4 inch difference.

I know, it can be easy to miss but there is quite a bit of articulation in the torso. Take a look in the photos below, I've marked the "vents" in the torso with green. Notice when he's hunching the top ones are recessed in the chest, which is how you have set up yours.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_1258d.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1258d.jpg
    269.7 KB · Views: 0
  • thumbnail_IMG_1259d.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_1259d.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 0
Yeah, I know what ab crunch is. But sorry mate. I disagree that he's hunched. He's pretty clearly straight up and down. Your just pushing his chest back, exposing gaps in his upper torso. I mean feel free to pose yours any way you like. But I think your claim that he's "hunched over" is more an opinion.

Looks pretty straight and natural to me...

IMG_1504.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, you can push his chest backwards and puff out his belly like you've done, but then you get those odd gaps in his upper ab plates. I mean feel free to pose yours any way you like. But I think your claim that he's "hunched over" is more an opinion.

Puffing out his belly as you describe it is the equivalent of him being completely straight, gaps and all. Your MK4 is in that position already but it has a more elegant design so there are no gaps.

Anyway, to each their own.

Puffing out his belly as you describe it is the equivalent of him being completely straight, gaps and all. Your MK4 is in that position already but it has a more elegant design so there are no gaps.

Anyway, to each their own.
Er... I dunno man. I don't think those gaps are supposed to be visible when he's just standing straight and natural. Not telling you how to pose your fig. Just saying it doesn't appear to be intended. Those plates are meant to hide the gaps when he's in a neutral pose.

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 2.21.44 PM.png

s-l1600-1.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

74785071_10156639528307344_604120796956196864_n.jpg

Compared to this?

Screen Shot 2023-10-09 at 2.23.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Has anyone pre-ordered this guy from a European retailer? He was supposed to drop in August but as per usual that didn't happen. Anyone has any news?

Back