Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not approving or disapproving of the strategy, but there hasn't been this much hype or noise about a HT Star Wars release in a long long time.

Maybe I'm naive but I'm personally putting that down to simply how good the figure looks rather than the exclusivity.

I mean, sure for some people that's a factor but people have been asking for a ROTS Anakin re-issue for a while now and were praising this before the edition size was announced. I think the hype is more the character and how awesome he looks with the rooted hair.

I'm assuming most people don't need to know other people couldn't get it to enjoy having a piece in their collection.

Same. Sith eyes don't do anything for me. I'd buy the AOTC Anakin sculpt just to plop the eyes out of that one and give them to the Sith version.

WOW! What luck! Congrats on being able to get all of those!
Shocked I've had so much luck! Collecting exclusive pre-orders at this point 🤣. D100 is on his way though. Will have him in hand Tuesday.

What's with the Pop Collectables line? lol!
Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 2.55.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-18 at 2.53.39 PM.png

Hot toys needed hype. They got it this month. The wanted buzz and social media clicks because let’s face it, the way tons of figures aren’t selling is not a good look for them, nor are the steep discounts and sometimes free figures. I’m looking at you captain marvel. The secondary market is terrible for hot toys right now. I was thinking of unloading the few mandalorian figures I have and they are basically selling for less than half of retail. While the roll out was a disaster for anakin, I’m sure the future rooted will be not limited. I just don’t know if I care about rooted hair figures.

The secondary market is terrible for hot toys right now.
I mostly agree but there are weird exceptions like emperor Palpatine. He even had both a normal and a deluxe edition but still went up in price compared to other releases from his time. Granted its a great figure but fairly bare bones with just a cane and robe etc. if you ignore the deluxe edition throne.

One Sixth Photographer started getting real annoying with the Pop Collectibles stuff over the last few months. Shame because he is a great photographer.
I honestly can’t stand how cringe it is, but yeah he’s got some great poses and photos.

Just think how much funnier it's gonna be when he doesn't get it from Pop Collectibles :lol
I see the word "secured" there. Maybe should have read "secured*"

*Only if we can pick it up cheap on the after market and decide not to cancel and sale to someone else for triple the price. Otherwise, enjoy one of the 5,000 preorders we sold

What’s the edition size? Congrats, Howard! You made that many folks happy. The rest of us, … And SSC, you’re complicit

I was able to get Joker and Anakin. That was stressful. Especially for Anakin as it threw me back in the queue once he was added to cart. Though I must say that this was less stressful than the old days where you had to constantly refresh. I have done too many limited releases where I wanted to pull my hair out.

I wouldn't have been too upset to miss our on the rooted joker as the sculpted hair one looks good. However, Anakin would have been upsetting. I don't mind limited editions for variants if it keeps excitement in the 1/6 space. Arena Fett was fine since it is just a black costume fett from a comic book. The grey and blue batman is fine because it is a weird costume color that isn't related to any media. However, I don't like the only version of Anakin being limited. The character is too important and the ROTS look is the most iconic.

Hot Toys got the pre-sale hype they were seeking. Now they'll probably either bump up the run to take advantage of all those wait listers or announce a 2-pack down the road. Not to mention the sculpted hair version. I'm pretty sure my WL will convert, but if not c'est la vie.

I just don't understand why my place came up in the queue at least five times and each time I got taken to the site it didn't connect directly to the order page, but instead took me to the What's New product page and the link for Anakin would just kick me back into the line. However, I think it might have been due to my pop-up settings. Even though I turned off ad-blocker after I got bounced the second time, I didn't change the setting in chrome. So who knows?

Anyway, on the positive side the price was less than what I thought it would be, which bodes well for future rooted hair figures. A $150 upcharge for rooting isn't bad. It's higher than what I was paying customizers, but there's no shipping back and forth or months or waiting. Looking forward to seeing what's next.

Even if you have a high number,
I'd say wait a few days. It would be odd to even offer a waitlist option if they don't expect any cancellations so I'm not sure they'll be sticklers with payment plans.

Does anyone know if Joker allow a payment plan?
I did a payment plan with joker

I got in right at 10, was 6849 in line 😂 never even had a chance. Oh well. Will wait for the inevitable Darkside version

I got in right at 10, was 6849 in line 😂 never even had a chance. Oh well. Will wait for the inevitable Darkside version

It was random, so you might of gotten lucky, I got in about 10 minutes before it was supposed to go "live" and still didn't get it.

Back