Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hot Toys translation for letting people know the preorders have sold out is pretty funny.

Was hoping this would have gone up before the week ended. Had SS ever put up preorders on weekends?
I don't recall but I likewise was hoping we'd at least know when it was going up for pre-order... I would think they would share the window a day or so in advance but who knows?

Refreshin' the thread!!
img_1_1690575607072.jpg

Maybe its more a question of how many they can do well. The more you make the more chance for problems. They're going to make great profit. Why risk making too many at this price point?

That said, I'm certain they will make variants of both if the demand is absolutely huge. But they must know, better than any of us, just how well Anakin and especially Joker sell.

I’m sure HT will scale to meet market demand quantities. They’ve no doubt factored a pretty hefty per unit profit into these. For example, let's say the cost per application is $75, and the up charge for the Artisan version is $250. That's a $175 additional profit per figure. Anakin and Joker are basically testing the market, similar to when they released their first ESB Luke. The Artisan category opens up a whole new revenue stream. I think the 3,000 number is arbitrary. What happens beyond that? Also, have they confirmed that these are hand rooted? I know that’s the traditional process, but I wonder if they may have developed a more streamline workflow.

I’m sure HT will scale to meet market demand quantities. They’ve no doubt factored a pretty hefty per unit profit into these. For example, let's say the cost per application is $75, and the up charge for the Artisan version is $250. That's a $175 additional profit per figure. Anakin and Joker are basically testing the market, similar to when they released their first ESB Luke. The Artisan category opens up a whole new revenue stream. I think the 3,000 number is arbitrary. What happens beyond that? Also, have they confirmed that these are hand rooted? I know that’s the traditional process, but I wonder if they may have developed a more streamline workflow.
Even if they are not implanted by hand it sure does take a human eye and skills to style it. How much does your wife pay hair dressers? This will be even more time consuming than that.

I’m sure they’d like to pump out more of these, but HT pride themselves on making each figure identical, the hair is a huge variable. If I’m guessing correctly there’s at least two of these Anakins, one at SS and one in HK, they look that much different, so I don’t think they have this process streamlined. This is a test run, maybe they will make more in a few years but this is it for Anakin. His hair will make or break this line.

I don't recall but I likewise was hoping we'd at least know when it was going up for pre-order... I would think they would share the window a day or so in advance but who knows?

The time being unknown actually works in the favor of serious collectors. If the time is announced, every scalping casual will be setting their alarms and out snatching these up by the dozen - hopefully it'll be one per order, but you never know. The True Faithful will be out here anyways, refreshing and refreshing - and they'll have a much higher chance of scoring the drop.

But what do I know. 🤷‍♀️

The time being unknown actually works in the favor of serious collectors. If the time is announced, every scalping casual will be setting their alarms and out snatching these up by the dozen - hopefully it'll be one per order, but you never know. The True Faithful will be out here anyways, refreshing and refreshing - and they'll have a much higher chance of scoring the drop.

But what do I know. 🤷‍♀️
Does being a “serious collector” mean sitting on the page hitting refresh 24/7 until it drops? :lol

But what do I know. 🤷‍♀️
There are serious scalpers who camp outside ACGHK, I couldn’t even pay my friend who was actually there to just stand in line the night before, ‘cause there was no chance. Scalpers have it easy here.

So which of you mad lads will buy this artisan Anakin just so you can make a line up of all the 1:6 ROTS Ani's....

Hasbro 2005, Sideshow 2006, Medicom 2009, HT 2018 and HT 2023... plus dark side variants and maybe the Hasblo Titan Hero one.
I still have the SS one, and the medicom but it unfortunately has really bad pleather deterioration despite being in a dry place. Would like to get this one as my HT RotS version’s hair has teeth and loves to eat his own shirt collar. The Clone Wars one is way more fun to pose with. Plus the AotC one will come out before this and I really like that one.

Back