Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah… this would be my first SW figure after initially missing the ROTS line and seemingly every regular iteration of the OT main cast.
Anakin has been one of my favourite fictional characters since seeing ROTS in theatres when I was like, 7. While the cost is still doable, I don’t really feel the incentive to spend that much when they’re already going to be so difficult to obtain.
Drawing a lucky number just so I could possibly be blessed with spending an upwards of $650 for it feels almost punishing. Anyway, hope everyone here who wants one is able to get one.

Problem is you have a couple markets here. The first is people who missed out on V1 and are already paying $400+ which another $200-300 for rooted is a steal lol. And you’re dealing with the collectors who want the limited items. On top of that the scalpers lol. This will sell I’d say upwards of $700+ easily on eBay. I’d hate to go down that route but could be HT’s most hyped SW figure. Shame they’re starting a new line as exclusives tbh.

This is a figure I would've waited on to see how it compares to the original release. The headsculpt and rooted hair aside, is the rest of the figure any better than the original? I'm unsure if I want to try to get one or not.

Yeah and how big is that market, really? Are there that many 1/6 SW collectors out there that would fill their shelves or even spot replace figures for $500 or more a pop with Artisan versions? Not me. I have way too many figures I want from the movies to go down that road.

Keeping a low production number may just be completely taking care of that customer base with no chance of product lingering in stores and watering down what they want to charge for them.

This is a figure I would've waited on to see how it compares to the original release. The headsculpt and rooted hair aside, is the rest of the figure any better than the original? I'm unsure if I want to try to get one or not.
From what they showed at the cons the tailoring looks identical to the first release, unsure about the underlying body. I think they will use the more recent soft ratchet joints at least.

This is HT MO:

release first figure cutting lots of corners (2018 Anakin or 2008 Iron Man mk3 for example).

Release new version that is mostly the same but add 1 to 2 key features, in this case rooted hair and new head sculpt but keep all other areas unimproved or minimal improvements (or in case of of Iron Man Mk3 the key improvements were diecast with metal and some detail but they made the figure shorter than other diecast figures and it still lacked a lot of articulation especially waist)

Once folk have all replaced the v1 with a marginally improved v2, announce a v3 that fixes v2's issues (for Anakin probably real leather and improved tailoring for eventual v3 while Iron Man Mk3 v3 fixes the height and articulation issues).

When sufficient years have passed, perhaps a v4 will come along if demand is there (perhaps seamless jointed neck and magnetic base for Anakin v4, no clear fragile plastic at joints for Iron Man plus improved head sculpt and magnetic base)

Agreed. Next will be Anakin with rooted hair and silicone head and neck. Then with real leather tunic. Then nightmare Anakin with silicone body and head. They will tweak one thing and improve little by little with every release. Never ending. Not a fan of that. Why I hope IA does a one and done figure.

100 more added! :panic:

kiu2V7b.jpg

The price is still ridiculous, but it somehow feels less obnoxious by going a route that isn’t pure lottery. Very tempting.

Back