Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will be two years minimum before you get Neu Anakin in your hot little hands. I'd be in a rush to sell nothing. We have no idea when that will even go up for PO. If it ever does! They've been known to play Charlie-Brown-vs-Lucy's-Football with collectors many times before.

I of course have no issue with multiples of the same character.
Hopefully two years is enough time for them to learn how to futz hair at the factory.

Shocked Sesame Street GIF by Muppet Wiki

Seriously thinking of unloading my DS Anakin to get this before it drops in value. Any thoughts?
Unless you really don't mind waiting then sure. But if Anakin is a MUST HAVE for your collection, you may want to wait until you can actually secure one these new ones before selling your DS version. If this ends up being a limited release then good luck on your chances snagging one. A lot of the limited exclusives have been incredibly difficult to nab w/o going the aftermarket route as Sideshow and other places tend to sell out lightning fast.

If this does happen to be a general release for everyone, then I would just wait until it sells out to then offload the DS one as it/s temporary drop in value will go back up once this new one is also sold out. I'm more than sure it WILL sell out, probably even before it's actually released. If you sell while it's still on PO, you're definitely going to be getting rock bottom prices for your DS version. But, if they're both sold out, you'll more than likely still be able to fetch a decent amount for the original and DS versions.

Big Yawn at this cash grab new hairy line until they do a ESB Yoda or a Vader with proper shrunk down mask from their quarter scale figure.

I think InArt is really forcing Hot Toys to up its game, which is surprising given that the company is usually pretty complacent. However, if HT is able to incorporate the hairing process in their production workflow, I could see them offering it as a premium option going forward. Personally, I think hair adds a next level of realism (provided the portrait likeness and paint application are nailed). I haven’t been a fan of sculpted hair on figures like Thor, Aquaman, Black Widow or Ripley, but I know there are a lot of collectors who prefer sculpted hair. Considering that aftermarket hairing can run $150+ HT could probably charge at least a $100 premium. Maybe they’ve developed an automated application process that reduces or eliminates the time- and labor-intensive hand work. So we might see Standard, Deluxe and Premium Deluxe (haired) releases in the future, which will actually give collectors more options and price points. It would also be cool to see if HT can adequately and accurately take on characters with shorter hair like Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Indiana Jones, Bruce Wayne, etc., in which case there could be a slew of reissues.

Personally, I think hair adds a next level of realism (provided the portrait likeness and paint application are nailed). I haven’t been a fan of sculpted hair on figures like Thor, Aquaman, Black Widow or Ripley, but I know there are a lot of collectors who prefer sculpted hair. Considering that aftermarket hairing can run $150+ HT could probably charge at least a $100 premium. Maybe they’ve developed an automated application process that reduces or eliminates the time- and labor-intensive hand work.
so, our dear HT’s will be premium premium figures then. I like that.

I don't think Hot Toys view them as competition.

Simply because InArt is a small company and different license. I am sure there is a reason they can do Superman but not Star Wars.

Perhaps InArt HAS to have a higher price than Hot toys, similar how NECA must sell their figures for 50 bucks and in a different section of the retail, to be a premium brand over the main license holder in Playmates.

I don't think Hot Toys view them as competition.

Simply because InArt is a small company and different license. I am sure there is a reason they can do Superman but not Star Wars.

Perhaps InArt HAS to have a higher price than Hot toys, similar how NECA must sell their figures for 50 bucks and in a different section of the retail, to be a premium brand over the main license holder in Playmates.
They can do Superman and not Star Wars because Warner Bros will give their license away to anyone but Disney are very tight with their properties and are content with HT- for the time being at least.
Hell, we might even speculate that Howard fears InArt impressing the mouse and getting ahold of one of his his primary cash-cow licenses, which is why HT are now experimenting with the real hair on Anakin.

I also don’t believe there is any mandate that InArt must exceed HT’s pricing. They simply offer a higher standard of workmanship, with extremely fine tailoring using various micro fibre materials, real leather, magnets, uniquely proportioned bodies etc. even before we get to the rooted hair and diorama options.

Also, HT’s actions since the dawn of InArt would Suggest they are conscious of the potential to lose business to them.
The near immediate change in style of their promotional photography, along with the development of rolling eyes becoming the standard, the seamless arms on Wolverine, the new podium like bases, and even the announcement of certain 2.0 figures such as Bane, who is theorised to exist solely to beat IA to the punch clearly indicates that HT have taken note of the competition and upped their game.

They know the collector community has grown to expect an extremely high standard of figure now and, since HT have conditioned us all to wait at least two years for any degree of gratification as a norm, we are now also willing to wait for the best version of a character from another company, even if HT announce it first. Hence why I don’t care at all about not getting the Anniversary Wonder Woman. IA will make her eventually.

They can do Superman and not Star Wars because Warner Bros will give their license away to anyone but Disney are very tight with their properties and are content with HT- for the time being at least.
Hell, we might even speculate that Howard fears InArt impressing the mouse and getting ahold of one of his his primary cash-cow licenses, which is why HT are now experimenting with the real hair on Anakin.

I also don’t believe there is any mandate that InArt must exceed HT’s pricing. They simply offer a higher standard of workmanship, with extremely fine tailoring using various micro fibre materials, real leather, magnets, uniquely proportioned bodies etc. even before we get to the rooted hair and diorama options.

Also, HT’s actions since the dawn of InArt would Suggest they are conscious of the potential to lose business to them.
The near immediate change in style of their promotional photography, along with the development of rolling eyes becoming the standard, the seamless arms on Wolverine, the new podium like bases, and even the announcement of certain 2.0 figures such as Bane, who is theorised to exist solely to beat IA to the punch clearly indicates that HT have taken note of the competition and upped their game.

They know the collector community has grown to expect an extremely high standard of figure now and, since HT have conditioned us all to wait at least two years for any degree of gratification as a norm, we are now also willing to wait for the best version of a character from another company, even if HT announce it first. Hence why I don’t care at all about not getting the Anniversary Wonder Woman. IA will make her eventually.
I can see Hot Toys trying to beat Inart to the punch for the almighty dollar, but I will not believe they care about quality more than the dollar.

They will rush it out I believe.

So...they created an entirely new sub-line for only rooted hair...I mean I think it looks great and I'm going to get it. But no leather tunic at least?

oh great... another one that will freakishly difficult to purchase. Considering my luck with these, I will note be able to get one even IF I'm logged in and ready to go. looks amazing regardless and much better than their WW figure. Though no mention of real leather here.

I'm screwed. Financially I can't afford cashing out for him rn, not to mention the difficulty of importing from SS to the EU.

Here's to that eventual 2025 20th Anniversary Ani

Back