Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, being good isn’t the same as being heroic. I was just counting when he was in the fighter and ended up destroying the control ship as “heroic”. Admittedly I forgot the pod racing, but that was mostly the midichlorians anyway - he was just a kid having fun lol. As for ROTS, I’ve purposely tried to forget a lot of it so you may have me there. And it was pretty heroic of HC to speak the dialogue that Lucas wrote for him, so perhaps I should be more generous.
I definitely don’t consider his accidental and lucky space antics as being any more ‘heroic’ in nature than his kind hearted, selfless offer to put his life on the line to win a dangerous race and donate all the winnings to some strangers purely because he feels he is capable of offering the help they need.
And if the involvement and assistance of midichlorians discredits any act of perceived heroism, I guess Luke is actually just a farmer with daddy issues.

Dammit Hot Toys.
ROTS Anakin was one of my earliest ever HTs (I think Netflix Daredevil kicked it all off for me.)
Looks like it’s time to upgrade.
Shame I won’t be able to ask for the £400+ it seems to go for anymore.

Immediate thing I see and like seeing, is them actually giving a **** about proportions here.

He looks 100% more like a 1/1 sized person on the right compared to the left. Similar feeling I get when I see Inart figures. He looks short, stubby, big headed and awkward on the left. Right could pass as a large scale statue.

What's a shame is them giving a **** about proper proportions only for their "top notch" series and not their other figures. :rolleyes2

eWaw6w5.png

Crazy how much better it looks. The first version now looks like it came from an unlicensed third party.

They will sell tons of this!

How long until they make a Top Notch Tony Stark ?

Same body. Same hands. Same material for the attire.

It's a repaint with a new headsculpt and updated electronics.

It's an amazing figure but this doesn't seem as revolutionary as others are making it out to be.
don't be too quick to judge

this is probably a premium line up, everything will be completely revamped and upgraded. Promo pics clearly indicate nothing.

this is probably a premium line up, everything will be completely revamped and upgraded. Promo pics clearly indicate nothing.
That's true and I hope I'm wrong.

Hot Toys has a history with cutting corners and it would be great to see them taking on a new philosophy of giving us the best product possible.

On the other hand, it is pretty hilarious to even think while the majority of freaks was hoping for the 2.0 line up of ANH (including me). BAMP! Howard is obviously playing favorite here by choosing the PT - ROTS Anakin specifically as the brand ambassador for their new Top Notch lineup.

and Bespin Han is still MIA, probably never happening. But hey, Death Star trooper is coming!

Agreed. From just looking at the new Indiana Jones, you wouldn’t think the jacket, boots and whip were made of real leather but apparently they are. Same could be for this Anakin. From the few pics we have, the clothing looks similar to the original, but materials could’ve changed. The clothing does sit more naturally on the new figure. Could be the clothes, the body or a combination of both.

I'm expecting a new body, the old ROTS version is kinda squishy with "chicken legs", and most obvious requested upgrades - genuine leather of the vest and boots.

I knew this would happen …especially with Hayden reappearing in SW again..all those scalpers are eating crow now for jacking up the prices on the previous ROTS versions

Hope this new rooted hair version comes with the new ratcheted body

Crazy how much better it looks. The first version now looks like it came from an unlicensed third party.

They will sell tons of this!

How long until they make a Top Notch Tony Stark ?

Dont you worry.

*TN Tony Stark
*TN Stark, Middle Eastern slave-cave version
*TN Stark: Date Night with Pepper
*TN Business Casual Stark
*TN Press Conference Stark
*TN Country and Western Stark
*TN White Tie and Tails Stark
*TN Sunday Brunch Stark
*TN Corporate Board Meeting Stark
*TN Stark: Race Car Driving Stark

..... and so, so many others!

Dont you worry.

*TN Tony Stark
*TN Stark, Middle Eastern slave-cave version
*TN Stark: Date Night with Pepper
*TN Business Casual Stark
*TN Press Conference Stark
*TN Country and Western Stark
*TN White Tie and Tails Stark
*TN Sunday Brunch Stark
*TN Corporate Board Meeting Stark
*TN Stark: Race Car Driving Stark

..... and so, so many others!

The TNTS line. Coming soon.

Same body. Same hands. Same material for the attire.

It's a repaint with a new headsculpt and updated electronics.

It's an amazing figure but this doesn't seem as revolutionary as others are making it out to be.
They showed Anakin previously and they were using real leather boots. The vest looks like real leather to me.

It's compltely new sculpt, paints, materials, not sure about the cloth, new saber, electronics.......

I mean maybe the body is the same, but this isn't just a re-release, it's a vastly improved upgrade.

Back