Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing that prevents me from enjoying this teaser
is the way the neck connects to the body :monkey4

Basically it's the neck area that looks ugly

Black suited Spiderman had a similar neck. It works 10x better with the mask. Gives it a natural look, while still having the entire joint covered in cloth, not plastic.

I particularly dont like the way the shoulders slope up to the base of the neck
Too steep imo

I hope the full reveal will tell a different story

I particularly dont like the way the shoulders slope up to the base of the neck
Too steep imo

I hope the full reveal will tell a different story

amazing-spiderman-the-untold-story-poster.jpg

:lol lame I know but I couldn't help myself

Yea i dont think hot toys will make the lenses yellow they will probally be the black reflective shade.

I'm not so sure. If they didn't, that would defeat the purpose of their figures being movie accurate. If Medicom can make their Spidey's eyes yellow, so can HT.

The only thing that prevents me from enjoying this teaser
is the way the neck connects to the body :monkey4

Basically it's the neck area that looks ugly

With the mask head on it'll be fine

I'm not so sure. If they didn't, that would defeat the purpose of their figures being movie accurate. If Medicom can make their Spidey's eyes yellow, so can HT.

I'd prefer yellow but mirrored

He is way too skinny! Spiderman should be athletic, not a stick.... I dont think i'll like this fig. I don't really like Toby spidy but I do feel the need to represent spiderman on the self.
What to do?:dunno

Spiderman to me should be skinny but ripped, garfield spidey looks great and i can't wait to see the full reveal :D

I think what we are suffering from is the fact that current fabric technology...or indeed any fabric technology yet known, will never be able to hug the human form the way superhero costumes do in the comics.

If the Spidey costume that AG is wearing there (or in fact any movie or TV adapted hero) had the same clinging ability to it that they do in the publications then he would look just fantastic, with every rip and shred exposed.

The photo a few pages back shows AG's Parker/Spidey being attended to whilst injured and you can see that he must have worked hard to get his body fat down as low as possible, and he does look suitably 'super-heroic' but any costume would just never show it fully or properly. That was one of the reasons they started 'airbrushing' (don't know the name of the actual technique!) muscle shadows on to Tobey McGuire's Spidey costumes, trying to replicate what the real fabric would never be able to do.

As to the 'giraffe neck'. Have a look at Chris Hemsworth's in his Thor costume...

THOR_avengers_movie.JPG

...he's not alone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back