Hot Toys Amazing Spiderman Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything about this costume design tells me they wanted it to emphasize Spidey's slenderness and flexibility. They want him to look sleek. A belt cuts those lines and emphasizes the horizontal. Given that I never liked the Rami costume, despite its surface faithfulness to the comic, I'm willing to give the new suit a try. Still, an optional belt wouldn't be a bad idea for the toy

What didn't you like about the Raimi costume? I thought it was spot on for spider-man. Not sure how you could really improve it. But I feel like this current costume is going to go through some changes, the belt makes sense and I see the future films bringing that on, just not in this one, which is why I don't think we'll get the belt in a SS exclusive. All of there EX have been things that appeared in the movie and this most likely will not appear in the film.

Last edited:
The game takes place after the movie right? Maybe Spidey gets the belt before the final battle in the movie? :D

Bane didn't really feel like a teaser more like the dark knight figures are coming sort of thing. Please stick with us.

^ :lol Hot Toys are the masters if needless updates, they ignore things that have been announced the longest without a hint as to what's up with them and instead remind people "oh yeah this thing we only announced a really short while ago, it is coming" :slap

What didn't you like about the Raimi costume? I thought it was spot on for spider-man. Not sure how you could really improve it. But I feel like this current costume is going to go through some changes, the belt makes sense and I see the future films bringing that on, just not in this one, which is why I don't think we'll get the belt in a SS exclusive. All of there EX have been things that appeared in the movie and this most likely will not appear in the film.

This is true of both costumes - too damned expensive looking. I think Spidey should have a low tech costume, given his constant issues with poverty. There was also something about the fabric that it just didn't feel right to me. Too... thick? Perhaps because of the raised webbing? And again, I prefer that sleek, limber look from many of the comics, and I don't know that TM had the right build. So while I have some of the same complaints about the new costume, the overall effect it has, especially in motion when I can't nit-pick the changes, works a little more for me.

Don't get me wrong, the suit was servicable, and we'd be better served if more films were as faithful. But like so much of that franchise I just feel it just missed the mark.

I've always thought that the costume in the movies was too advanced, even this new costume doesn't look like something a kid could make

But i guess from a cinematic stand point, it's gotta look the party and be all flash and what have for the cameras

Which is why i really liked the Ultimate Spider-man set-up where he gets his costume from the wrestling company (sans webbing) - they would obviously be able to make a flashy suit professionally put together, that should have been how both films introduced it

I'm not sure if the wrestler aspect will be in this one?

I've always thought that the costume in the movies was too advanced, even this new costume doesn't look like something a kid could make

But i guess from a cinematic stand point, it's gotta look the party and be all flash and what have for the cameras

Which is why i really liked the Ultimate Spider-man set-up where he gets his costume from the wrestling company (sans webbing) - they would obviously be able to make a flashy suit professionally put together, that should have been how both films introduced it

In this one he chemically formulates webbing, so maybe he came up with some new material for a suit too?:dunno

^ whether the film is excellent or not it'll be treated like the bastard son from a previous relationship, Avengers and TDKR are the good sons who can do no wrong & soak up all the love leaving people with none left for others :dunno

I remember way back before the 1st movie was released they were talking about Alex Ross's costume design. His idea (knowing they wanted an "advanced" fabric) was that the base of the costume would just be a skin tight suit used for snowboarding or some such, and that he would basically sharpie the webs onto the suit.

And the wrestler outfit always made sense to me.

^ whether the film is excellent or not it'll be treated like the bastard son from a previous relationship, Avengers and TDKR are the good sons who can do no wrong & soak up all the love leaving people with none left for others :dunno

I agree, don't expect to see Spidey match the other 2 in terms of popularity.

I'm more excited for Spider-Man than I am for TDKR. As good a job Nolan has done with Batman, Spider-Man gets the last 1/4 of my love. Damn you, Whedon. Damn you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back