Hot Toys 1/6th scale BATMAN (Original Suit) Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5513099919_8f7b8de32f_b.jpg

5513099925_5b2c23a947_b.jpg

5513171731_14db4db24f_z.jpg

5513727302_c5453d06d5_b.jpg

Man these need to be on every page of this thread.

V....just :thud:

And Ski....TAKE IT OUT OF THE BOX ALREADY! :gah: :wink1:
(sounds like me when I first got mine...took a little nudge from Maglor to pull the trigger :hi5:)

Close your eyes and pull at them:lol

That's what I did, they came off in one piece

Hahaha, thanks for the advice. :lol i've posted this before but its just really nerve wracking having to basically break this figure. Thanks for the info though dude. Wish me luck.

PS If i do mess this up i'll be very upset. :lol

Also, those are some AWESOME pics vodoun. Very nice.

Hahaha, thanks for the advice. :lol i've posted this before but its just really nerve wracking having to basically break this figure. Thanks for the info though dude. Wish me luck.

PS If i do mess this up i'll be very upset. :lol

Also, those are some AWESOME pics vodoun. Very nice.

I take no responsibility for any damage you may cause:lol

But seriously though, nerve racking, but it works - that's how everyone i've asked has done it!

I take no responsibility for any damage you may cause:lol

But seriously though, nerve racking, but it works - that's how everyone i've asked has done it!

You realise if it breaks you'll legally owe me a new OC batman? :lol Its cool, just done it, looks a million times better. Was worried when just the triangle tabs came off as i thought the whole peg type thing it seems attached to was gonna come out. But it worked so i guess its supposed to break off. Was probably the single most frightening few moments of my Hot Toys collecting life. :lol along with assembling my P2 elder.

Its funny had the same feeling with the TDK cape, all the pictures made it look awesome but its not until you get it yourself you really realise how much better it looks with these capes.

You realise if it breaks you'll legally owe me a new OC batman? :lol Its cool, just done it, looks a million times better. Was worried when just the triangle tabs came off as i thought the whole peg type thing it seems attached to was gonna come out. But it worked so i guess its supposed to break off. Was probably the single most frightening few moments of my Hot Toys collecting life. :lol along with assembling my P2 elder.

Its funny had the same feeling with the TDK cape, all the pictures made it look awesome but its not until you get it yourself you really realise how much better it looks with these capes.

A bit late but for anyone else who's worried about doing it, you can also use a very sharp craft blade and slowly make the holes in the original cape wider until you're able to work the cape off over the top of the clip. It means having to make additional holes in lforigno's cape, but if you need the peace of mind of not breaking the clip, it can be done.

A bit late but for anyone else who's worried about doing it, you can also use a very sharp craft blade and slowly make the holes in the original cape wider until you're able to work the cape off over the top of the clip. It means having to make additional holes in lforigno's cape, but if you need the peace of mind of not breaking the clip, it can be done.

damn, folks around here just keep making it harder and harder to resist getting one of those capes :lol

Still, if people are worried about damaging the original figure in the first place, wouldn't this just be swapping damaged clips for a damaged cape? I say grow some hair on your balls gents, break those clips and then at least they'll be in the right position when you fix them to the cowl.

I wish I had hairy balls.

Yeah but it's hard to tell the cape is damaged. Attached is a picture of mine.

sg606f.jpg

Alight, that leaves me with my last and only excuse - money! I'm going to be a tightass about it and get my girl to stitch one up for me when she has some leave from work. She's handy with a needle and thread, and has been interested in getting a new sewing machine for a while now.... ah yes, I can feel a cunning plan coming on.

I just found a old pic on my computer!
I just try to rework this one with my new techniques ( If I can call that techniques :) )
And Yeah I have big issues with fires LOL

bbbb.jpg

:wave

lovely work vodoun, personally I think the custom capes look too velvety, I know they hang a lot better. But great pics none the less.:clap

I don't know which material lance was using while my cape was made, but it's still my favorite of the materials he's used thus far.

IMG_1936.jpg

Back