Hot Toys 1/6 The Suicide Squad King Shark

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing these pictures, I can see why they dropped the orange prison trunks as an accessory. With that wide stance it would be quite a chore to put them on. Unless they made them open on the side or something.
They could put joints on the thighs/hips to allow the legs to move closer and making it easier to change the trunks. The joints will be hidden inside the trunks anyway.

I get that one set of hands is a wide gesture and the other can hold the book, so I'm ok with it. I don't get why there seem to be swivel joints on his ankles.
The only reason I can think of is that, since there's waist articulation, you can swivel the ankles to point the feet in different directions depending on where the torso is pointed.

The only reason I can think of is that, since there's waist articulation, you can swivel the ankles to point the feet in different directions depending on where the torso is pointed.
Yeah, but there is just so much detail that the seam cuts right through... Anything other than the intended look will look weird af.

Just pre-orderd, especially this pose sold it for me. Hopefully they can upgrade him a little bit, add a little more shine to it and I’m happy.

3267DB36-52A5-4917-8310-FE27F4B88CD8.jpeg

Yeah, but there is just so much detail that the seam cuts right through... Anything other than the intended look will look weird af.
Fair point. But given the lack of overall pose options, I don't see needing more than a tiny bit of ankle swivel (which might even pass as okay). Just a few degrees here and there can help a pose look more lifelike (like the picture that GreenRanger-Kush just posted), even if there is very limited articulation.

Might be something to do with the mold and having the feet separate might be cheaper and easier to make. Just a guess.

They could put joints on the thighs/hips to allow the legs to move closer and making it easier to change the trunks. The joints will be hidden inside the trunks anyway.
Yeah, but then it wouldn't be a power-pose figure and a hell of a lot more expensive.

Agreed, however i also think they have to put joints somewhere otherwise it will just end up being a plastic statue…with kinda goes against their M.O.

Last edited:
I think the ankle joints are necessary to maintain a solid pose. Especially with the moveable arms all the way forward and maybe a turn of the waist, a slight tilt of the ankles might be what's keeping the guy from toppling over.

Seeing these pictures, I can see why they dropped the orange prison trunks as an accessory. With that wide stance it would be quite a chore to put them on. Unless they made them open on the side or something.
They could have just made one leg magnetise in at the hip like many statues. That would enable easy shorts removal. You wouldn't see the seam either.

They could have just made one leg magnetise in at the hip like many statues. That would enable easy shorts removal. You wouldn't see the seam either.
I did not know that, as I don't collect statues. That would've been an option indeed.

Has there been any specific comment about the leg joints ?

Looking at that pic above it seems there could be a ball joints for the legs at the pelvis (see crease in shorts). This would also be a logical connection type for shorts fitment by bringing legs closer together and of course for some poseability ??

Last edited:
Has there been any specific comment about the leg joints ?

Looking at that pic above it seems there could be a ball joints for the legs at the pelvis. This would also be a logical connection type for shorts fitment by bringing legs closer together and of course for some poseability ??
I think they list 7 points of articulation? One being the waist? Not sure about the legs although the ankles look articulated.

When I first saw this I assumed it was built just like Hulk, but people keep calling it 'Power Pose' (which I thought was just an Iron Man thing) and 7 points would be reduced ...

I think they list 7 points of articulation? One being the waist? Not sure about the legs although the ankles look articulated.

When I first saw this I assumed it was built just like Hulk, but people keep calling it 'Power Pose' (which I thought was just an Iron Man thing) and 7 points would be reduced ...
Oh well I guess we'll know in 2 years :)

Back