Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Over the years I've never stopped editing and curating. I've let go of a lot of stuff I quite enjoyed, but didn't need to live with long-term.

Wait...am I talking about one-sixth or relationships? :lol

Ha!!

To be honest, I've been very picky with my acquisitions so letting them go is never easy. We're still talking about 1/6 figures... er... right? :wink1:

Ha!!

To be honest, I've been very picky with my acquisitions so letting them go is never easy. We're still talking about 1/6 figures... er... right? :wink1:

:lol

As has been well-documented on this board, my minimalist bent is squarely at odds with my collecting tendencies.

The result is truly brutal editing. I understand that when I let something go I may actually miss it, but that's preferable to me when the alternative is being burdened with too many objects. I know. It's very weird to see on a *collecting* board, but part of the fun for me has been the narrowing down to things I love the most. There are a couple of things I regret letting go, from time to time...but not enough to re-acquire them. And I think therein lies the key, for me.

It may have been said already but welcome to HT's new Iron Man cash machine, Mandalorian-inspired figures and variations. Ka-ching!

I'm more intrigued by the prospect of seeing an HT Super Battle Droid.

Congrats to those that are jumping on this train. I want to see the second season of the show before I jump on any more figures from it.
I hope I'm wrong but as has been said often in the SW universe...I have a bad feeling about this. Too many new side characters from SW cartoons may push Mando off to the side and sink the show after a first great season. Let me be mistaken, but I don't want a bunch of expensive figures from an overcooked lump of fan service like TROS ended up being.

Last edited:
It have been said already but welcome to HT's new Iron Man cash machine, Mandalorian-inspired figures and variations. Ka-ching!

I'm more intrigued by the prospect of seeing an HT Super Battle Droid.

Congrats to those that are jumping on this train. I want to see the second season of the show before I jump on any more figures from it.
I hope I'm wrong but as has been said often in the SW universe...I have a bad feeling about this. Too many new side characters from SW cartoons may push Mando off to the side and sink the show after a first great season. Let me be mistaken, but I don't want a bunch of expensive figures from an overcooked lump of fan service like TROS ended up being.

I applaud your restraint. I haven't actually bought anything myself. I like the jetpack Mando (Beskar) but something's been keeping me from pulling the trigger.

I like the jetpack Mando (Beskar) but something's been keeping me from pulling the trigger.

Same, I feel like it's due to the somewhat boring character design (and now I'm worried about the long neck and small helmet of the V1, which kinda ruins the illusion of a shrunk down Din Djarin).

Though maybe S2 will change my mind.

So was this the only new reveal at NYCC for Hot Toys?
That seems like a huge let down.
I know there are a few more days left but what are the chances we’ll see anything else?

So was this the only new reveal at NYCC for Hot Toys?
That seems like a huge let down.
I know there are a few more days left but what are the chances we’ll see anything else?

HT doesn't even seem to recognize NYCC. Just so happened that this is what HT has in slate to announce for this week and sent SS a copy for their own show.

HT will most likely announce more figures at their own pace in the next days/weeks.

Wow, even despite being a background character, this figure's thread has nearly half the views/replies that HT ESB Lando has - all in just over 24 hours.

Behold the power of The Mandalorian.

Wow, even despite being a background character, this figure's thread has nearly half the views/replies that HT ESB Lando has - all in just over 24 hours.

Behold the power of The Mandalorian.

Anything Mando armor = money. That’s why for someone like Boba Fett being overrated for the past 40 years, his stuff always seems to sell.

This is proving to be true and these background Mando’s are really no different. I never collected the 3.75” Clone Wars except for the guy in my avy, but I could never army build his Death Watch guys because they were always sold out and they?ve always gone for too much in the aftermarket. This was back in 2009 and nothing?s changed, evidently.

A cool looking figure no doubt. Could pass as a Clone Wars figure as well since that?s where the Deathwatch first appeared. I wouldn?t mind picking this up but not sure where I?d display it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A cool looking figure no doubt. Could pass as a Clone Wars figure as well since that?s where the Deathwatch first appeared. I wouldn?t mind picking this up but not sure where I?d display it.

That is a problem for December of next year! :)

I don't understand the complaints about this looking bland or reused, these sound like justifications to not spend more money on another figure. The figure looks pretty spot on with how it looked on the show. Personally i think the color scheme is great, that unique shade of blue really pops against the off-brown flight suit. It's very Star Wars... the last thing I want is something way too busy that looks like a Marvel character.

The boots could have been a bit more exciting, perhaps add some texture, a boot knife, etc but again that is how they looked on the show.

It actually looks better IRL then in some of the promo photos, colour-wise. I agree it seems faithful to the show and quite Star Wars-y.

Back