Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even my sheets and Donna are ready for this guy!!
20210920_091701.jpg

what about Ben Solo? Technically he could be any version of Ben you want. ;)

I dont want anyone else from the Skywalker saga in this: they have most content devoted to them, their in-laws, their issues and all that. We've SEEN that. I want to go to Mandalore and see a huge brawl in the ruined throne-room between the DW contingent, the dont-touch-my-helmet! contingent and Bo standing on the cobweb-strewn throne egging them on and Din off to the side, conflicted on what he should do. Everyone is mad at him! DW is mad because he inadvertently usurped Bo. The Dont-Touch contingent is mad at him because he broke the rules. What next?! Lets see.

No Jedi or Jedi in-laws of any kind should be present. These are Mando issues.

The great thing about SW [along with capes being EVERYWHERE] is that costuming does not change much through the eras. People in the Old Republic were dressing just like people do in present day SW. Mandos can be wearing an assortment of armor pieces that are literally 500 years old. So yeah, bring on DW Mando. He will fit in everywhere. Im just busy wondering what color his flightsuit actually is :)

It's a little unfortunate that for all the show's budget and costume variety, both the DW Mando and Axe have exactly the same mismatched thigh plates as Din, identical dents and all (apparently everybody gets to cut up a Death Trooper's right leg armor?). Barely noticeable for their fleeting moments on screen, but forever obvious on a Hot Toys shelf.

I'm curious about the HT DWM's two different left thigh plates, even if both are recycled -- did both looks show up in the flashback, or did they just toss in an alternate in case people wanted to army build despite the character-specific stripes?

3 Stripes was the only one with the repainted beskar left thigh, so it’s definitely accurate to this figure. The odd part is that they included the older style thigh too, as a freebie, technically.

So yeah, quite odd on that decision but it does suck they took the shortcut and just repainted a random DW costume to turn it into Axe. I understand they don’t have unlimited resources for this show but I also know it wouldn’t have taken that much more effort into making Axe more unique.

The costume doesn’t even looks like it fits him properly. It’s always just flopping around on him but at least the prototype figure looks much better fitted.

That’s crazy, I heard that there’s were coming from China not HK, at least that’s what the port notice said. Maybe they’re making some of the non-Headsculpt figures that are easier to produce in China, and have the really talented people in Hong Kong? That could explain why Coursant Guard, 501st got to SS quickly

That’s crazy, I heard that there’s were coming from China not HK, at least that’s what the port notice said. Maybe they’re making some of the non-Headsculpt figures that are easier to produce in China, and have the really talented people in Hong Kong? That could explain why Coursant Guard, 501st got to SS quickly

all figures are produced in China, not Hong Kong

all figures are produced in China, not Hong Kong
At least from what I last head is that a lot of the painting was done in Hong Kong, granted I could be wrong, either way I don’t see them holding back stock, if they were I doubt they would’ve made that statement in China the other day

Assuming this as well. I'll hold at hope that some miracle is occurring as I haven't had a new figure in a bit too long...
It be weird if it was, there was a port notice for a container with DW Mando, and Miles arriving in CA. And it says they’re about to ship

Ain’t that some ****, PO’d this figure last week and I just got an email these are charging from SSC next week:blissy

That is crazy. I just had to check where I ordered these. I'll have to wait, I ordered a pair from Timewalker. I would think that youtube reviews are coming very soon.

Back