Hot Toys 1/6 - The Mandalorian Death Watch Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This has thrown a giant wrench in ANY sort of understanding I thought I had of Hot Toys. My life is a lie. Nothing makes sense anymore. Is this real life?

SmartSelect_20210930-010859_Facebook.jpg

It’s odd that SS is charging so early for this then. Could this be the start of a new trend or are they just collecting cash way before it actually ships.

ONG IS THIS REAL!!
I've wanted this got since the get go and have 1 ordered via Popcultcha.
Could easily order a 2nd via other channels if THIS is out.

So how is Second Batch HK gonna work if Sideshow are getting First Batch?
It’ll be interesting to see how many who have preorders actually get this early shipping notice. I was thinking last night that this might be a trend to help HT and Sideshow perception: air ship a small number of a figure so that it’s “released in the US” and then batch release the rest via slow boat. It also allows them to release a figure sooner in HK since they don’t have to have the entire production run complete. Seems horribly inefficient from a production line perspective but who knows…

Why is there worry about a new charging early trend being discussed when the Processing Soon email from SSC clearly states the figure “is arriving in the warehouse in a few days”:dunno

Unless you guys got different emails stating “charging early but we have to wait for the first batch to release in HK first.”

Why is there worry about a new charging early trend being discussed when the Processing Soon email from SSC clearly states the figure “is arriving in the warehouse in a few days”:dunno

Unless you guys got different emails stating “charging early but we have to wait for the first batch to release in HK first.”
Yeah, I don't think Sideshow would/could charge months ahead of shipping the figure. I assumed this was an errant email yesterday, but it was released today and there's other evidence that it's legit. Now I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist that there will be a select few who get this early shipment so SS can say it's released in the US and others will wait months, ala Captain America... I'm pretty excited now that it appears I'll have this in-hand in a matter of days, not months though.

I have a couple ordered. I may try a slight repaint on one of them to remove one or more stripes. Would need to watch a few tutorials first though.

Back