Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree, but on the other hand it is Hot Toys and it's easy money for them to just slap on the excisting Boba Armor on a True Type with some new clothing. Then again, I've heard some more comments saying they won't get him without a heasculpt. Hopefully HT realises this.
Then he'll probably end up selling at a discount - unless they sell him for 150$.

I’d say a headsculpt is more essential to him compared to Koska/Axe. But I wouldn’t be shocked at him being $239 with no headsculpt either.

They'd be dumb not to do a headsculpt on this tbh. Without a hs he's essentially another Boba Fett, and they already have two of those on the market. It would directly be competing against the acid-damaged Fett.

They'd be dumb not to do a headsculpt on this tbh. Without a hs he's essentially another Boba Fett, and they already have two of those on the market. It would directly be competing against the acid-damaged Fett.

This is one figure that's going to look really good holding his helmet under his arm.

latest

Last edited:
Definitely. With a couple of Tuskens flanking him.

I have a couple of those on order. While they're not strictly OT, they have enough of a nostalgia factor for me.

The first Kenner figure I got was Hammerhead, and the next day at school I swapped him for a Tusken and Vader because I thought two were better than one, and the 'Sandman' looked so intriguing.

I have a couple of those on order. While they're not strictly OT, they have enough of a nostalgia factor for me.

The first Kenner figure I got was Hammerhead, and the next day at school I swapped him for a Tusken and Vader because I thought two were better than one, and the 'Sandman' looked so intriguing.
I too would prefer OT versions. However, with characters like these you just have to take what you get when it's offered. It's unlikely they were planning on doing the ANH version any time soon, so it's a blessing we keep getting ''alien'' focused episodes in The Mandalorian. Plus, like Jawas, they're not strictly OT, they appear in many different movies and tv shows, so there's definitely more wiggle room for display possibilities.

I wish my first Kenner figure story was as cool as that. Sadly the first Kenner SW figures I remember collecting were the Ewoks.

Any truth that his speeder was made from Anakins pod racer? Lol
Doubt it was specifically Anakin’s, that’s just too convenient that he has Boba’s armour and part of Anakin’s podracer.

It was made from a podracer engine though.

yeah I know it looks similar but having it be Anakin’s is just a bit too on the nose. He didn’t built those engines from scratch, they’re made by an actual in universe manufacturer.
OK. Yeah that makes better sense if they exist already and Anakin tuned them or turned them into a pod racer..

I'm also all for nostalgia, but I agree that's a bit too much that Cobb uses exactly Anakins podracer. However I assume they picked those pretty purposefully.

Is this now the next most logical release? I think they'll leave Fennec for nearer the Book of Boba so that she covers both shows. Crosshair clearly was a work in progress. I can't imagine the Night Owls releasing before this. The ROTJ Scout Trooper probably won't release until the Mando one sells out. I feel the Super Battle Droid may not get past the prototype stage. So, that leaves this and the Battle Droid. Will they put another S.T.A.P out before Anakin releases? I have my doubts. Cobb Vanth this week then.

Is this now the next most logical release? I think they'll leave Fennec for nearer the Book of Boba so that she covers both shows. Crosshair clearly was a work in progress. I can't imagine the Night Owls releasing before this. The ROTJ Scout Trooper probably won't release until the Mando one sells out. I feel the Super Battle Droid may not get past the prototype stage. So, that leaves this and the Battle Droid. Will they put another S.T.A.P out before Anakin releases? I have my doubts. Cobb Vanth this week then.
Sounds like excellent logic to me.

Cobb Vanth this week........hang on the Hot Toys Wizard is calling me......

Back