Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s 370 euro from my local e-tailer. If these are gonna be the prices going forward, I wonder how many collectors have been priced out of this hobby literally overnight.

So glad they confirmed the armor can be removed now. Noticed this with the belt. Is it positioning? Or a belt loop.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220929_041633.png
    Screenshot_20220929_041633.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20220929_041542.png
    Screenshot_20220929_041542.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
It’s 370 euro from my local e-tailer. If these are gonna be the prices going forward, I wonder how many collectors have been priced out of this hobby literally overnight.
Quite a lot I think. I've seen a lot of people either start moving in the direction of getting out of the hobby all together or at minimum (like myself) being very selective about the figures they purchase.

Hot Toys better be careful here. Inflation etc is one thing but people's wages don't go up.overnight and this is all very discretionary spending. Their orders will drop off very quickly with these prices.

I saw the proto up close yesterday and am skipping at 222 USD. The base looks good but the rest, meh. Seen most of the outfit before. I’ve seen a couple of protos recently like BoBF Boba and Vader that looked great, I’m drawing the line at a figure like this at these kinds of prices.

Interesting, seems Hot Toys is keeping an eye on what the community is saying now as many had questions about removing the armour.

So glad they confirmed the armor can be removed now. Noticed this with the belt. Is it positioning? Or a belt loop.

This is a belt loop and it's actually accurate to the BOBF show when he's hanging around armor less.

Body proportions still look too big. Hope they use a different body.

If there is any type of padded fat suit there it'll be coming off.
The body does look a little big, but im relieved to see that the neck doesn't come across too "giraffe" looking.
The figure doesn't have Olyphant's impossible small waistline but the bigger issue is his head's about 6 or 7% undersized - which makes the whole body look larger than it should. Since we know they 3D modeled this sculpt, sure would be nice if they'd scale it up slightly before making the mold.
cobbvanthhead2.jpg

Last edited:
Since they probably didn't make a spare pair of pants, I'm curious to know if he comes with an extra belt with beltloops attached, or just separate loops to thread onto the existing one.

That's a simple solution that does the job. I wonder if it was like that in the show too -- same pants, but they just missed the loop in Mando and got it in BOBF.

Egggsellent news.

Glad they paid attention to the belt loop. That was honestly the type of detail I’d expect HT to miss.

The shirt could definitely use a lot more texture though. I’m not sure how doable that sort of detail is at small scale but HT have two years to figure it out.
Scale that head up too. It’s really noticeably undersized every time I look at it now.
This is that rare kind of constructive criticism it may actually be worthwhile venturing to the Facebook and Instagram comment sections to voice. Can’t be dealing with another Endgame Cap pinhead situation.

Oh heck yeah, that's the look I was wanting right there. :yess: Although a bit concerning how off the likeness seems to be in those new pics. But could just be the odd lighting.

Was this posted? Couldn’t see it.

The 1/6th scale Cobb Vanth TM Collectible Figure special features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Timothy Olyphant as Cobb Vanth in Star Wars: The
Mandalorian
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with highly-accurate facial expression, detailed
wrinkles, and skin texture
- One (1) interchangeable Boba Fett helmet with articulated rangefinder
- Specially applied distress effects on armor, weapons and accessories
- Body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 31 cm tall
- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable gloved hands including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed hands
- One (1) pair of gesture hands
- One (1) pistol holding right hand
- One (1) left fist
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) removeable Mandalorian armor and vest with distressed effects
- One (1) pair of removeable brownish red gauntlets with weathering effects
- One (1) removeable yellow right knee guard with weathering effects
- One (1) reddish brown colored long sleeves shirt
- One (1) brown belt with ammo and pistol holster
- One (1) pair of brown colored pants
- One (1) pair of yellowish brown colored boots
- One (1) red colored scarf

Weapons:
- One (1) blaster rifle
- One (1) blaster pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) jetpack with distressed effects and detachable rocket
- Two (2) real-like thruster fire accessories (attachable to jetpack)
- One (1) firing effect accessory (attachable to rocket)
- One (1) drink bottle with woven bag
- Specially designed themed diorama figure base

Release date: Approximately Q3 – Q4, 2023

Not very familiar with the Star Wars market in the US. But usually they don't get cheaper like the other Hot Toys here in Asia, unless we have a "Mando" situation. Star Wars figures only goes up...crazy high, they never go cheaper after release
Sequel Trilogy stuff rotted at most scales, across almost all of the characters. At any point you can find most any ST figure at highly discounted prices.

Generally, a lot of the Star Wars PT and OT era figures dip initially ($20-$30 lower) and then jump. It’s a little hard to predict but at least over here there is some volatility.

Vanth is also suffering from baggy pants like OG Mando. More I see of this figure the more wrong there is. Guess I’m waiting for release before pulling the trigger

Quite a lot I think. I've seen a lot of people either start moving in the direction of getting out of the hobby all together or at minimum (like myself) being very selective about the figures they purchase.

Hot Toys better be careful here. Inflation etc is one thing but people's wages don't go up.overnight and this is all very discretionary spending. Their orders will drop off very quickly with these prices.

Yeah. Tho if there's a long PO so monthly it's not such a hit, I've been able to bear it better. The long delays for me are an advantage. But the days of me picking up something like the Scout and Speeder set - which was mostly for me, to make a cool display, are pretty well done$$$$$. And I don't usually buy for resale value but figured something like a speeder might go up in value, in time.

Thing is I liked this character so much. Guessing he'll be back, but even if he's released as a version 2 - who knows - the costume.

Back