Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. Tho if there's a long PO so monthly it's not such a hit, I've been able to bear it better. The long delays for me are an advantage. But the days of me picking up something like the Scout and Speeder set - which was mostly for me, to make a cool display, are pretty well done$$$$$. And I don't usually buy for resale value but figured something like a speeder might go up in value, in time.

Thing is I liked this character so much. Guessing he'll be back, but even if he's released as a version 2 - who knows - the costume.
He’s definitely getting a new look for whatever show he appears in next. His red shirt got ruined by Cad Bane and that psychotic Mod Doctor is probably gonna cybernetically enhance all sorts of unnecessary things.

I feel like a vest or short, asymmetrical shawl/poncho slung over one shoulder and the red shirt would have been the icing on the cake after he relinquished Boba’s armour.

He’s definitely getting a new look for whatever show he appears in next. His red shirt got ruined by Cad Bane and that psychotic Mod Doctor is probably gonna cybernetically enhance all sorts of unnecessary things.

I feel like a vest or short, asymmetrical shawl/poncho slung over one shoulder and the red shirt would have been the icing on the cake after he relinquished Boba’s armour.

I'm still wincing at the thought of cheesy robot parts on Vanth, but sci-fi man with no name-esque design doesn't sound so bad.

Yeah. Tho if there's a long PO so monthly it's not such a hit, I've been able to bear it better. The long delays for me are an advantage. But the days of me picking up something like the Scout and Speeder set - which was mostly for me, to make a cool display, are pretty well done$$$$$. And I don't usually buy for resale value but figured something like a speeder might go up in value, in time.

Thing is I liked this character so much. Guessing he'll be back, but even if he's released as a version 2 - who knows - the costume.

Definitely a different costume. Probably a modded arm now, since that’s where he got shot.

He’s a fast-draw guy and his shooting side shoulder would have been totally torn to shreds by Bane’s shot.
Replacing his entire arm would seem like overkill and outside the remit of a ‘modder’ as that’d require full on amputation and limb replacement. But whatever they do will surely be designed to enhance his shooting ability.
I just don’t want them to slap an ugly Borg eye/ targeting device on his face.

Maybe they need to price a bit lower for Inquisitors just because they were lame.

This is Timothy Olyphant as space Raylan in Boba Fetts armour from the best thing to happen in Star Wars for a generation. Plus he kind of concludes the Mando main players unless Greef Carga is due a figure. We know Cara Dune isn’t.

HT just thinking
View attachment 600798
You are pretty spot on. Space Raylan wearing Fett's armor...yeah, just tell me how much, HT... :)

The figure doesn't have Olyphant's impossible small waistline but the bigger issue is his head's about 6 or 7% undersized - which makes the whole body look larger than it should. Since we know they 3D modeled this sculpt, sure would be nice if they'd scale it up slightly before making the mold.
View attachment 600882

Having 3D printed some trooper helmets myself I've also definitely printed a couple on the small side.

Even only noticed it on the Tank Trooper after painting. So definitely possible.

I posted messages on Insta and FB so hopefully they see that. Any more quick comments to bring their attention to that issue can only help imo.

Probably not too late to print a slightly larger master for the mould.

With a bit of luck some bad ass gun attachment he can use.

And when he gets shot in the leg next season...

pt_.jpg

:monkey3

The head definitely needs to be scaled up it would help with the body looking so big. T.O. has a very slender frame that gives him a very unique look in BFs armor. I hope they try to address these issues

They’d still have priced the regular version at $300- that’s the new baseline- and the Boba armour dlx would become $350. We’re actually fortunate they didn’t go that route.
I mean we know that isn’t yet true. Hot Toys just has their popularity pricing in full effect on Cobb Vanth.

DAF0372A-1749-41EE-8BEA-8C0386219122.jpeg

1f25b41de4971e476be3285249f2dd2f0a06074a_00.gif

View attachment 601451
For characters people are actually interested in owning.
"Baseline" implies the minimum price to be expected for a figure with a headsculpt. You're right that there are several already at $300, but most of those are thankfully still deluxes of sorts with rolling eyes, fancy diorama bases, etc. No good excuses for Mighty Thor, Thor and Toby Spider-Man though - they're just straight-up overpriced. Every new figure does not start at $300 - yet.

Back