1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, unfortunately, the knee pads are kind of crooked and bunched up around the top of the boots on my figure. Does anyone know if I would I be able to pull off her boots and fix the pads, and get them back on her without wrecking her?

Anyone received theirs from Popcultcha yet?

Nope. No ETA’s have been updated for Australia yet. Though Sugo may have received a small batch already for her and Hawkeye.

I’m not expecting BW until October at the earliest.

But I’m expecting Popcultcha will be receiving items such as Thanos, Rocket, Captain Marvel, Nano Gauntlet, Mark 6 War Machine, Spider-Man Homemade suit and a few others in the first week of September.

Have to admit I've been feeling kinda underwhelmed by how this looks in most of the pics out there, but I just received mine today and think it looks absolutely amazing in hand. The sculpt is gorgeous and the eyes on mine seem to be looking a tiny bit more upward, so she's not staring vacantly ahead as much. And I don't see any problem with the elbow joints, as long as you make sure to bend them at the lower joint and not the upper one (I'm always surprised how many people don't bend the knee and elbow joints correctly).

My only complaint is with how much padding they've put on either side of her torso, and how loose the suit is there. I know they were trying to give her some of those curves that previous BW figures were missing, but it doesn't really come across that well. Although the figure does at least capture her proportions better than any of the others I have.

I think I disagree with you on this one davejames - well in regards to the padding at least. While yes, hot toys needs to stop being cheap and design a new female body that actually has realistic proportions, at least they have started to put attention to realistic proportions in a general way hence the very well done padding.

I was going to skip this because I think the endgame look is kind of lame with the braid and she wore it for about three seconds and then died and that?s it.

But I did get it and agree with the fact it?s astounding. Likely the best hot toy figure I?ve gotten all year and maybe last year too.

The likeness destroys every previous widow and the upcoming ones too. After getting it I sold my civil war one even though I much prefer that look as I said the braid is a weird look to me. The CW just looked like a toy compared to this one.

I had pretty much the opposite reaction.

Got mine a week or so ago and you can put me down as one of those that's disappointed in it.

I was perfectly happy with Civil War version, even though rooted hair is a PITA and always out of scale.

The main reason I went with this was- sculpted hair and- even more importantly- how the figure was displaying a hint of an expression in the prototype pics.

She had her brow furrowed, which at least gave her a hint of life, compared to the usual wide eyed zombie look these female figures almost always have.

In hand...nope. No hint of that knit brow. Just the same vacuous, deer-in-the-headlights look they all have.

At least the sculpted hair is an improvement.

I had pretty much the opposite reaction.

Got mine a week or so ago and you can put me down as one of those that's disappointed in it.

I was perfectly happy with Civil War version, even though rooted hair is a PITA and always out of scale.

The main reason I went with this was- sculpted hair and- even more importantly- how the figure was displaying a hint of an expression in the prototype pics.

She had her brow furrowed, which at least gave her a hint of life, compared to the usual wide eyed zombie look these female figures almost always have.

In hand...nope. No hint of that knit brow. Just the same vacuous, deer-in-the-headlights look they all have.

At least the sculpted hair is an improvement.

I personally don't see why everyone is blowing their load over the likeness with this figure. It looks okay, but this particular iteration looks very toy-ish to me.

The prototype white suit BW from her solo movie looks miles better. THAT'S the one I'll be looking forward to getting.

I hear you about how photos don't capture the sculpt on hand. It's unfortunately the limitation of most cameras. I noticed the same thing when I take pictures of my figures with my phone camera. Some details are lost and the proportions can get distorted depending on your distance from the figure. A good DSLR or mirrorless camera with a macro lens works best IMHO but I don't have that right now.

Phone pics can definitely be tricky. I?ve found setting the camera mode to portrait reduces the ?fish-eye? distortion and I?ve been pretty happy with the results.
Not BW, but here?s a quick snap on my kitchen table with natural light.
7005c58687d4d33ee0e9206b9b5cac7a.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Phone pics can definitely be tricky. I?ve found setting the camera mode to portrait reduces the ?fish-eye? distortion and I?ve been pretty happy with the results.
Not BW, but here?s a quick snap on my kitchen table with natural light.
7005c58687d4d33ee0e9206b9b5cac7a.plist

Yo, that's a dope pose/photo! :clap

I just got mine today. It looks so good in person! Below is a phone pic I just took. Some details of her face got washed out on my phone pic but I think it will give you an idea how she looks in person. It's my favorite Black Widow figure.

20200910_010521.jpg

Nice. I've decided I like this iteration, only thing that bothers me is the scoop neck on the costume. Doesn't look very practical for spying and combat, but neither are those ubiquitous wedge heels studios keep putting women in, so sure.

So mine arrived today; I was originally out due to COVID-related budgetary concerns but sold some items recently and decided to pick this up to dodge the after-market.

No regrets, but it's a bit of a strange release:

(Light is terrible at my place right now, so I'll try to take some photos in the morning)

Sculpt

This is the best Scarlett Johansson sculpt we've got from HT, but that being said, the likeness comes and goes with angles. I think this is for 2 reasons:

• HT has tried to capture her present-day angular features but translated them into a younger portrait overall, which affects the likeness more than anything.
  • The sculpted hair is a welcome change, but the shape they chose can affect the face at certain angles.

The paint is very good although it lacks a bit of depth in the hair, and the eyes have a lot of life to them in the correct light. She does retain the slight frown of the prototype but still has that HT stare.

Don't know why but it keeps reminding me of Hoth Leia. Probably just the braid.

Body

No big surprises here. I don't mind the padding in the torso as it lends a little more realism to the proportions, but it's a touch uninspired. The arms are still problematic as they can look quite spindly and robotic in the wrong pose. I've heard complaints that the padding makes the body less curvy but you can still find a proper female silhouette via use of the torso joint.

Costume

Mixed bag. It doesn't feel as durable as the CW outfit or as flexible as the A1 outfit; some kind of plastic coated fabric. I'm not overly worried about it deteriorating but I'm not an extreme poser either.

This is a plain back outfit and has some slight shine or irridescence within it that serves to add a little depth, but in following the screen appearance there's really not too much they could have done. All of the buckles, the zipper, and straps on the outfit are sculpted plastic. They're so small that if they tried to make them functional they'd either be too big or too fragile. Yet the suit feels plain and a little mass-produced which is a combination of their production choices and what they're replicating from on-screen.

Conclusion

I'm happy to have it for the moment, but feel like I sprung for this as insurance -- no guarantee how well the solo version will be executed, and for all I know I may want to mix and match; it seems lately aftermarket prices on a lot of HT figures have been getting goofy, and this was her character's final appearance.

I am looking forward to the more comic-inspired black and gold suit, but given that it's years out, I'm happy to have a Widow back on the shelf, since I sold the CW version quite a while ago. I actually think I'll enjoy this one more as I spend some time working on poses and integrating it into the display; these are only first impressions.

She does look great posed up with my Mark VII currently, and the red accents go nicely with the armour.

Having owned A1 and CW, this is the best one yet, to my eyes, but both of those prior releases had some great points. The sculpt alone is reason enough to upgrade as it looks that much more accurate, but they've still fallen *just* short thanks to making her look younger.

I know people have said this has limited articulation, but this has great articulation as far as I'm concern. She can kick high and her arms can go straight up. IMHO this is one of the best BW to date.

I know people have said this has limited articulation, but this has great articulation as far as I'm concern. She can kick high and her arms can go straight up. IMHO this is one of the best BW to date.

I haven't pushed it that far because I don't want to damage the suit. Looking at some of the blogger photos she *does* have a good range of movement but I'm not sure how it'll affect that suit long-term.

I need to take photos in better light that aren?t on a messy desk, without raging iPhone distortion. :lol

But yeah, this is a very good figure although you need to fight with it a bit to bring out its best.

I?ll work on it more in the morning.

bbab638a1c548a05c6171d66d71e4e5e.jpg

03fe9f80cd7a4c18a28066c93027bcdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely growing on me as I thought it would. Still working out different posing options.

I have only opened the box to have a look. I don't want to unbox it till i have some detolfs set up in the house.

I need to take photos in better light that aren?t on a messy desk, without raging iPhone distortion. :lol

But yeah, this is a very good figure although you need to fight with it a bit to bring out its best.

I?ll work on it more in the morning.

Nice pics.
Have you tried the 2x zoom trick?
Set your camera to 2x, and move further away to take the same image as before, but without the lens distortion effects.

Back