1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Black Widow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived Monday, it's patiently waiting to be unboxed as I plan on opening her up this weekend to celebrate getting through another week.

Unrelated, I watched a video review that cautioned against leaving the arms in a bent position for too long could cause the fabric to stick... is there any truth to that? One of my other Widows is in a bit of a 'boxing' pose (arms bent at about a 45 degree angle) and I'm contemplating reposing it to avoid any potential damage. She's in a climate controlled basement, for what it's worth.

Unrelated, I watched a video review that cautioned against leaving the arms in a bent position for too long could cause the fabric to stick... is there any truth to that? One of my other Widows is in a bit of a 'boxing' pose (arms bent at about a 45 degree angle) and I'm contemplating reposing it to avoid any potential damage. She's in a climate controlled basement, for what it's worth.

Yeah, it?s true and I?ve had her in a museum pose since I?ve gotten it because of that. It?s unfortunate because I?d love to have her posed in a more actiony pose, but there?s a reason most people just have her standing there holding the guns or the batons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it?s true and I?ve had her in a museum pose since I?ve gotten it because of that. It?s unfortunate because I?d love to have her posed in a more actiony pose, but there?s a reason most people just have her standing there holding the guns or the batons.

have you considered cutting small pieces of the foam that comes with the figure between the areas that are going to come in contact? I dont know why it couldnt work.

I'm not an expert about this topic but I don't think the fabric will stick just because you had her in an action pose for a few weeks. Is the fabric a sticky type? If not, I think you'll be fine leaving it in an action pose and switching up the pose every now and then to be safe and to keep your display fresh. That's what I'm planning to do with mine once it arrives but I'll take a closer look at the fabric once I have it on hand to be sure.

I am guessing that heat and humidity play a large role in making the fabric sticky. Based on my experience, water can change the look and feel of certain materials, which is why I mentioned the possible role of humidity.

She shipped off Friday for me, should be here tuesday.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Opened mine yesterday, decent figure but the elbows look awful when bent. I appreciate the extra articulation but they look sub-human when not straight.

Opened mine yesterday, decent figure but the elbows look awful when bent. I appreciate the extra articulation but they look sub-human when not straight.

Yeah, I think that's the case with any of the female figures. The arm is smaller and the joint is just weird when bent. Probably best to keep the poses modest as that material worries me. I'm content with her holding the batons at her side anyway.

I opened mine earlier today and everything you guys are saying is true. The elbow joints seem and look kinda weird when bent and the suit feels sorta fragile. Wish the suit material could be a bit more like Hawkeye but I suppose that wouldn't be possible with the skin tight outfit. Basic museum type pose for me.

Still probably the best looking Black Widow. The sculpt is very nicely painted and the detail of the hair is extremely impressive.

Best Black Widow from Hot Toys. Mainly because of sculpted hair, but the likeness is terrific!
A16085B3-62B8-4FC1-AFDB-59BCF3FBA366.jpg
54C2F6F9-2775-4154-B3CE-EB96DA5EBEF5.jpg
FABB7822-6AB6-490B-AFE3-9E9EAFEDFAB7.jpg
689EDC81-B42D-4A5F-90A4-94922ED08E32.jpg
1A3F8361-8462-4FCD-91A4-3966015AE59C.jpg

I opened this last weekend, holster strap was broken before I even took the plastic cover off. Its the best looking black widow by far, but the suit is very cumbersome. Also no ankle articulation. The elbows are very small fo sho. I like the instructions showing the range of movement for the lower body, its pretty hilarious. I can barely get one foot in front of the other to simulate walking pose.

I opened this last weekend, holster strap was broken before I even took the plastic cover off. Its the best looking black widow by far, but the suit is very cumbersome. Also no ankle articulation. The elbows are very small fo sho. I like the instructions showing the range of movement for the lower body, its pretty hilarious. I can barely get one foot in front of the other to simulate walking pose.

To be fair, only the first Widow had any semblance of ankle articulation. And it was very slight.
I don’t know if the Widow boots have been altered much since Avengers Assemble.

Yeah it's frustrating that we're still getting these solid boots on all their female figures. I wonder if it's because it's harder to pull off the split-cut design with these more slender boots? Or maybe they just think it will hurt the silhouette too much? You'd think HT of all companies could figure out a way to do it.

Back